Cheryls New diary. New diary new me!

cherl889

Loves this site!
Hello. Im back!
To those that dont know me i was here a few years ago lots loads, about 3st to be exact, then was very up and down. After pregnancies and sadness i got fat again. Then i had a baby and i was again 3st heavier. I did come back a while ago but my head wasnt in the right place. Now it is and im here.
I started low carbing 7days ago and have lost 7lb so far. Thinks ive got the flu tonight as my head is killing me and nose is running :). Yep flu is a good thing and I must keep that in mind. My fridge is full, the ladies at the deli counter are laughing as they see me every other day and im ready.
I look forward to meeting the people on here ive not had the pleasure of yet and chatting to some oldies (not your ages honest!)
Is Jim here or on the naughty seat again lol.
Bren, Linz, Vicky, Suze and anyone else ive forgotten........are you here still????

Hi Cheryl, I'm not an oldie but I've been here a few months, losing a couple of stone so far - and I'd lost weight on the diet before, too. It can be done again!

Nice to see you here, and 7lbs is a brilliant start.

Hi moonlights. Thamks for the welcome.
I become totally wi obsessed on atkins and cant help myself. I weigh daily and today ive sts. Im guessing its not due to water as (and please dont shout at me) ive really not been drinking enough. Oooooh maybe its because im not having enough??????
Im eating a mushroom and chorizo omlette (2eggs is all i can manage) as i type, not the easiest thing to do lol. Im probably going to have an atkins shake today as im out and my son has asked for a mcdonalds for a treat. I know they say nothing goes into their burgers but i dont believe they dont use rusk or breadcrumbs to bind them. Cant risk one of their carborific salads so i will pop to boots and grab a shake to drink while i sit there and drool while watch him and my new sister and nieces (will explain all later) eat burgers.
Like i said im in the zone this time so not a thing shall pass my lips if i dont know the carb content.

Hello lovely, great to have you back! Brilliant loss so far. Vicky's not here anymore but Linz pops in from time to time and Jim now has a diary!! I'm doing slim and save (yet again lol) with a low card meal thrown in so stay here as it feels like home :D How are the kids?

Liiiiiiiisaaaaaaa!!!!!! Hello beautiful. How are you. I really must look at your message but i saw it was you and got all excited!
Right read it! Jim has a diary eh, will look for that later.
Kids are fab thanks. Summer has been discharged from hospital (she doesnt have mummys genes and was having problems gaining weight!) So we are all doing great.
How are you? Has the weight come off? Are you maintaining, losing, gaining???????? I feel like ive been gone for ages. Ive missed you all. Do you still hear from Vicky? I know shes getting married soon.
Wheres Bren?
Ooooohhhh hugs hunni. xxx

There is a new Vicki though - me! I have only been here for 2 weeks (and addicted to the site!). Everyone is so great! Look forward to sharing your journey with you x

Brilliant news about Summer. I regained loads last year then lost a bit, went on holiday, gained a bit but am now on a downwards trend ready for a family wedding in 6 weeks. I refuse to hide at the back for all the photos lol. Bren usually pops in at lunchtime and I still keep up with Vicky on FB, the wedding is in November.

Hey Vicki well done on your loss so far. How are you finding it?

Lisa, can you tell her i said hi. November eh, I bet she looks stunning. Dont you dare hide away, you need to fight your way to the front.

So today was mega hard. I had a chorizo and mushroom omlette for breakfast then lunch time was torture. I had to sit in mcdonalds and watch them all eat burgers and chips while i sat there with my diet coke and yes i caved in and have a burger BUT the burger only i didnt touch the bun :)
Dinner was a few olives and nuts. I really dont fancy anything. Think its coz im on my own, Marks at work and i didnt fancy cooking for just me. I think i might finally be in ketosis as had the worst headache all last night even during night feeds it was hurting then today im not hungry. Not even for a lovely big salad.
I want those scales to have dropped a little (well a lot but we dont get everything we wish for) in the morning.

Hi Cheryl!
Im a newbie, but im at about the same stage as you......been on atkins a week and lost 6lbs. Would be great if we could 'buddy' up :) x

Hey Orchid, i could do with a buddy!
How are you finding it so far? Its odd on here without Jim. He is atkins god!

Ive just changed my statistics :eek::cry: it looks bad when written down

Last edited:
I've done that 'sitting in mcdonalds' thing a few times, and it sucks. When i eat just the burger too, i find it tastes yucky. Meanwhile my daughter sits there picking at her chips and taking forever to eat. Torture.

Your stats are OK, don't beat yourself up - i think you should be proud of yourself for picking up a diet now rather than waiting til you put on another stone, 2 stone, 3 stone, etc....

Very true. Im so proud i sat there yesterday. Im funny with burgers anyway. I tend to pull them apart and like to eat the burger itself as i have always thought it tastes better with one bit of bun rather than 2 lol. I think i was ok as i wasnt hungry but ate the burger as it was lunchtime and i had to have something.
So im another lb down today. Mild headache and that horrible taste in my mouth :).
Not had breakfast yet but might have another omlette. Ive got some mince that needs using up so will have that tonight. Might make a meatloaf. I have an atkins recipe book of my own with my favourite recipes ive tried and tested over the few years ive flittered with it. Have you found a favourite yet?

My favourite Atkins food is steak fried in butter, mmmmm. And MiM's. And cream with sweetner/flavourings. And homemade beefburgers with melted cheese. Actually anything with melted cheese on.

Anyhow, i'm going to stop stalking you on here and get something done today. Have a great day :).

Well an update on what ive eaten today..............
An atkins chocolate and orange bar, then went to frankie and bennys and had the garlic mushrooms to start and gave the bread to hubby and the kids and then had the steak salad and a diet coke. The steak was cooked perfectly.
Then felt peckish later on so made some mince with a very small onion, mushrooms and spinach oh and lots of chilli. Its rather hot though lol

Hi Cheryl, welcome back and well done to a great start
Xx

Hey Katie, hoe are you? Thanks for your message. Im another lb off today so really happy.

Today ive not felt like much to eat so had some bacon joint for breakfast and 4 little porkies lol. Im trying to drink more water so concentrating on that. Ive had about 3 pints so far.
I think lunch im just going to pick at some meats and salad then dinner im going to have that left over mince with spinach. Hubby at work tonight and i cant be bothered to cook for just me as the kids will eat earlier.
Clothes are feeling a little loose now :D

Well so far so kind of good! I weighed myself today and another 2lb off so 10lb in just under 2wks which is totally amazing but i cant help feel down. Ive measured myself and my measurements arent changing at all. Can anyone advise?

Part of your first loss is water weight. It's a great show on the scales and will definitely make you feel much less bloated but you probably need to give your body a little while to adjust to the fact that you're losing fat now - to begin with it tends to panic and fill fat cells with water in case you need them again. Drink plenty to flush it out and have a go measuring in another week, I bet there's a change. You've had a brilliant loss, don't feel down!

I felt the same after the first week - felt great but measurements stayed same - although they have started slowly to move now so hopefully they will keep going down x

ditto the above... felt amazing but no inch loss. But then when it did come it came all at once and i dropped a dress size overnight it seemed. Stick with it you are doing amazing ;-).

Back