Chest Pains Making Me A little Worried

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
So i have been on SS now for 12 days and things have gone well :) , apart from the cravings. But i have noticed that on a few days i seem to get chest pains in the middle of my chest. It feels like somethings is pushing down on that spot.:confused:

I dont think i have any heart problems. However, in the past i did take some slimming tablets which had Edephra (i think thats the name) and they really speeded up my heart rate. So after that i bcemae paranoid that i had a weak heart and became reallly anxious. But after lots of ECGS and visits to GPs, i was told repetitively that i had no problem and i was just anxious from the incident. So i came to terms and the pain dissappeared, so it was my anxiety.:rolleyes:

But for the past few days i have been getting these chest pains and they are worrying me:( . I think i get them because my heartbeat is much slower now, which is obviously because of the low cal intake.

I was thinking i might move up to the 790 cals plan but i really dont want to because i am doing well on SS and i can diet much better when food is taken out of it.

So what do you think??:confused: Anyone had a similar expereince? I will mention it to my CDC when i next see her and if it gets worse i will see my GP. But i am not too worried because i was told frm having all them ECGs and trips to GP that it was just my anxiety.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance xx :)

These pains, are they in the middle of the gap at the bottom of your rib cage? Just wondering, as that can be gallstones.

I agree with Sonya though, you do need to get them checked out. Hope you feel better soon :D

Aye I was thinking gallstones too, I have them and that sounds like the pain I get sometimes. I havent had any pains on CD myself but maybe the change in diet is affecting you at the moment? Just a thought.

ther are lots of conditions that cause chest pain,the majority muscular but all should be taken seriously . do you have deep heat or difene gel,try rubbing that on sore area,if its muscular or joint pain it should ease it slightly. speaking to gp is your only option really. simple pain relief,paracetamol etc may help .

Personally, I would not much about too much. If you have chest pains now, go to A & E.

It is better to have it checked out and find nothing than worry yourself silly about it.

Nobody knows your body more than you, if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.

It really probably isn't too much to worry about, but worry you will unless you do something.

Good luck.

The pain is usually between my boobs, maybe alittle to the left. They have gone now. They usually go without me realising. I think its probably my anxiety. If they start again and become more frequent i will see my GP.

Thank you for all the support xx :)

Hi Maybe, the pain you are describing sounds like the indegestion and heartburn that I got whilst on CD, anxiety can make it worse, all the same a trip to the GP is probably in order x

So i have been on SS now for 12 days and things have gone well :) , apart from the cravings. But i have noticed that on a few days i seem to get chest pains in the middle of my chest. It feels like somethings is pushing down on that spot.:confused:

I dont think i have any heart problems. However, in the past i did take some slimming tablets which had Edephra (i think thats the name) and they really speeded up my heart rate. So after that i bcemae paranoid that i had a weak heart and became reallly anxious. But after lots of ECGS and visits to GPs, i was told repetitively that i had no problem and i was just anxious from the incident. So i came to terms and the pain dissappeared, so it was my anxiety.:rolleyes:

But for the past few days i have been getting these chest pains and they are worrying me:( . I think i get them because my heartbeat is much slower now, which is obviously because of the low cal intake.

I was thinking i might move up to the 790 cals plan but i really dont want to because i am doing well on SS and i can diet much better when food is taken out of it.

So what do you think??:confused: Anyone had a similar expereince? I will mention it to my CDC when i next see her and if it gets worse i will see my GP. But i am not too worried because i was told frm having all them ECGs and trips to GP that it was just my anxiety.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance xx :)

Could it be a panic attack? i get them & i sometimes get chest pains too.

Id go see your doctor chick!

Lucie xxx

Does the pain stay in the middle of your chest or does it radiate anywhere. What kind of pain is it? is it sharp,a dull ache or does it feel as if your chest is being crushed. It sounds like anxiety.The physical symptoms exacerbate the anxiety which in turn exacerbates the physical symptoms. Try doing some relaxation exercises or distract yourself by reading/watching TV.

Alex

The pain is usually between my boobs, maybe alittle to the left. They have gone now. They usually go without me realising. I think its probably my anxiety. If they start again and become more frequent i will see my GP.

Thank you for all the support xx :)

That's exactly the pain I get. The GP has me on acid suppressant tablets, and thinks it's heartburn/acid reflux.

I did once have a panic attac as a result, simply because of the thought 'oh my god i'm having a heart attack'.

It is really painful though, I never thought heartburn would hurt so much!!

Hope you get it sorted, make sure you see your GP x

Hi MB!
I too have had same pains as you & Fiona described. First time, was when I was at my heaviest - it scared the cr*p out of me! I've had frequent panic attacks in the past, and knew it wasn't the same. I've never felt such a crushing pain like it. I honestly thought I was having a heart-attack. Thinking this undoubtedly made it worse, as I was frightened, tense and in so much pain. That was when I decided to do something about my weight. My friend had died of a heart attack 2yrs previous aged 27, and I thought this was a "message" to me to take action. However, the 2nd time it happened, was on CD, had lost 3 stone since last "attack", with only around 21lbs to target (so not obese). I was on way to work, had to get off train it was so bad, and saw a medic at the station. Had an ESG done, but inconclusive as it was several hours after the event. The docs ruled out indigestion, as my last meal (was on AAMW) was almost 12hours previous, and ruled out acid reflux as I'd already had a Barium Swallow test before, and they said that the CD packs act like a "cooling" effect against acid, so couldn't explain it. They still didn't give me a label for what happened, but said if it ever did occur again, to immediately call an ambulance without hesitation. Thankfully, haven't had to do that since, but please do call 999 if it happens again. They don't consider you as timewasting, and don't always think "it's just indigestion" like many GPs do! Better to be safe than sorry! Take care hunny!

Lainey xxx

Thank you for all your replies. I haven't had the pain today but i was getting worried about having a heat attack on the diet after watching something about a football player dying on the pitch from a heart attack in 2004. ( a friends sent me a random link and i had to watch it, it was so sad, he was only 24 :()

The pain i get is like a crushing pain, it doesnt spread anywhere else though. When i get it i keep checking my pulse until the pain is gone. I had it last friday about 5ish when i walking around town and then in the morning the other day.

I didnt think you could get indigestion or acid reflux from vaing what we have on CD. I haven't had it in the past.

I know it wasnt a panic attack because i have had them before because i suffer from anxiety alot. At the time i get the pains i am not usually anxious about anything, the pain is what makes me get really anxious and i try to not think about it so it will dissappear. It does last a while sometimes tho.

I got alittle worried because being on CD will obviously slow down your heartbeat because of the low cals you have and sometimes i think it might make my heart stop. lol.

I an a very anxious person so i think going to see the GP will be best. I hope he doesnt say i have to go off the diet. I am on Day 13 today :)

I hope everyone else is well. I am sorry to hear about you bad expereinces with similar pains but i am happy that you all managed to sort it out.

xx :)

sorry i meant 'get indigestion or acid reflux from having what we have' lol

Ther Is A Condition Called Costra Condritis , It Basically Feels Like Somebody Sitting On Your Chest And Is Made Worse By Taking Deep Breaths, It Is Totally Not Serious,just Inflammation Of Rib Ligaments , But Hurts Like Hell And Made Worse By Lifting Pulling Etc. That Is A Possibility . Hope You Get Sorted Soon

Hiya,

Nice to see that your feeling better now, but I would still reckon its best if you see your GP as well. Just to make things crystal clear.

Hope ur ok and diet is going well....

I will try make an appointment tmrw, but there might be a 2 week wait because he is a very good GP and everyone wants to see him. I'll see if i can get one in earlier.
xx

I used to get really bad chest pans and occasionly still do! I used to be so scared, i had tests etc ( iwas 16) and everything was ok but the pains continued. Then a doctor suggested checking my thyroid and this was found to be underactive. Since having medication for over ten yrs its fine unless i forget meds for a long time and then i get the pain.

Back