Chester-le-Street

headdown

Does anybody do lighterlife in Chester-le-Street?

I have been enquiring and this is one of my neasrest groups!

What is the LLC like?

Any replies appreciated.

I have just switched out of that group! Small world eh? I find that particular counsellor isn't great for counselling sessions. For example the next 2 weeks developments she is away for and she has arranged a locum to cover 40 people in one night so only time for weighing no session for 2 weeks in a row. The counselling has been patchy at best but you could go meet her to see if you get on?

I used the same LL councellor as Kerrie and agree with what she says.
I did stay with her until I completed management. I was going to go and see her next week as I have put on about half a stone in the last few month (have packed in my 30 a day smoking habit though) but as Kerrie has said she is away I might phone the LL councellor in Sunderland. So if you not happy with the one in Chester le street you could try the one in Sunderland, friends who watched me lose all my weight have gone to the one in Sunderland and say she is really nice. I would have gone to her but she didn't start up until I was about 18 weeks into the plan. Good luck whatever you decide. It is the best diet I have ever done and I tried everything after 20 years of being obese I have lost 7 stone and I am now a size 10 and it has changed my life. :)

thanks for your replies. I had heard a few bad reports about the class, a friend of mine went to her and ended up doing cambridge diet as they thought the extra money for the counselling was a waste of money as they hardly ever got it!!

I think one time she said she went and her husband weighed them.

Any more advice appreciated, does anyone know of any dood CD counsellors in the area as well, think I may go with this as it isn't as full on, if you know what I mean!

Thanks

Well I have just switched to CD and my counsellor works from Kenton, I also got some informaiton from someone who works in Killingworth. Yes the reports about other people weighing clients are true - her MUM is doing the class next week!

That is shocking really isn't it, to pay all that money and then have husband or mother weighing you. My friend wasn't happy when the husband weighed her, as she said to me her own partner didn't know her weight so she didn't really want someone elses husband knowing.

Think I will definately give it a wide berth!!!

Yes I do find it bad - am still debating whether to contact LL HQ as I do feel we got no counselling sessions, poorly covered sessions and unqualified people weighing us!

That is shocking really isn't it, to pay all that money and then have husband or mother weighing you. My friend wasn't happy when the husband weighed her, as she said to me her own partner didn't know her weight so she didn't really want someone elses husband knowing.

Think I will definately give it a wide berth!!!

Yes I do find it bad - am still debating whether to contact LL HQ as I do feel we got no counselling sessions, poorly covered sessions and unqualified people weighing us!

Just a thought here - are the other people weighing and taking groups Locums? Most Counsellors have 'Locums' who step in for them when they are unavailable. All Locums have had training to enable them to do this, and everything discussed is confidential...

Last edited:
While I am not sure about her Mum, I know her husband is definitely not a locum - there was a nice locum we had when she was away right at the beginning of foundation but I think she started her own groups and isn't available.

Her husband weighed us several times as she would be out with the kids somewhere and would turn up nearly an hour later or she had to go to meetings. Her mam has done one day's training but once whilst she was taking the group she said to me "what happened in your childhood to make you fat" I was furious I told her I had had a fantastic childhood. She then went on to say she was big because she had underactive thyroid to which I replied so do I but I am not making that an excuse! I also felt like saying well what happened to your daughter cos she is not exactly good advert for LL :eek: that's bitchy but I was that mad at the time. Anyway what I was going to say is what about lipotrim, that is the same as LL and CD where you go to a chemist and get weighed a few girls from work have done this as it is only £30 week. There are only certain chemists that do this so you would have to see where the nearest one to you is.

I had also heard that she wasn't a good advert for LL. My friend said that she was really big and it seemed weird her sitting there telling you how good the diet is and how you will keep the weight off for good. and She was sat there massive!!!

Think I will deffo give it a wide berth. Will probably look for Cambridge counsellor and save a bit of dosh!!

Back