Chewing gum vs mints

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Peridot, 10 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Peridot

Peridot Peridot

I know we can have the occasional tab of chewing gum and particularly after some of the soups that's really good! But I'm having a read problem with hunger and have read that chewing gum can make this worse. Can I have any sugar free mints at all does anyone know?

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Gastric BYpass
    officially the answer is no, but I used to have the wrigleys extra sugar free mints last time, a pack would last about 2 days with no adverse effects.

Now that the ketosis dog breath is back I might have to start using them again.
  4. Peridot

Peridot Peridot

Thanks for this, I think I'll try them and see how I go. Mints aren't a trigger for me (unlike fruit chewing gum which I ate so much of I blew up like a puffer fish!) so I should be able to have one or two a day which can't do THAT much harm.
  5. JayneGreeny

JayneGreeny Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    shake that weight
    I think ill have to try the wrigleys extra sugar free mints cause of my breath.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.