Chick pea cake???

Pinklady1911

serial dieter!!!
I apologise if this recipe has already been discussed, but does anyone have the recipe for the chick pea cake, either chocolate or vanilla?

I used to make it years ago and each slice was about half a sin it was gorgeous i cant find the recipe anywhere???
Help

Pinklady1911 said:
I apologise if this recipe has already been discussed, but does anyone have the recipe for the chick pea cake, either chocolate or vanilla?

I used to make it years ago and each slice was about half a sin it was gorgeous i cant find the recipe anywhere???
Help

I would imagine the syn value would have increased now as using ground chick peas in place of flour is now deemed to be free food abuse by sw! Altho I'm sure if you search the recipe subforum you may find something-or alternatively, search on google, as more often than not minimins comes up first :)

im sure its

Tin chickpeas, 3 eggs, tsp baking power, tbsp vannilla essence and half a mug of sweetner

blitz it all in blender then add 12g choc chips. pour into lined loaf tin and bake for 40 mins at 180.

I've made the chocolate and orange one... if you use tinned chickpeas in their natural state they are free... or so I am led to believe... so I worked the following recipe out as 8syns for the entire cake.

Tin of chickpeas
1 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp orange essence
3 eggs
6 tbsp sweetener
28g milk chocolate chips

Put all ingredients into blender together except for the choc chips. Blend until like a batter. Stir in the choc chips (try to mix as best you can all over the mixture) into preheated oven at 180 for 20-30mins.

I love this cake! I increased the orange and sweetener in the original recipe from 4 to 6 tbsp as I felt the cake needed a little more to make it less dry and unflavoured!

Enjoy!

SW

unfortunately it is a lot more than 8 syns. When you use chickpeas in place of flour they are synned as if on a red day. The same goes for using cous cous, instant potato etc when used in place of flour.

Back