Chicken and Chorizio paella

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by NIKI, 31 October 2009 Social URL.

1. NIKI

NIKI Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Well its kind of made up really so here is mine guess you could/add take away whatever you want really:

In big pan I frylight some leftover lemon roast chicken (you can squeeze lemon juice on to cooked chicken and put in oven for about 20 mins to get same taste).
    Add in the Chorizio (I buy the sliced stuff in a packet, got mine from Morrisons whole packet is 15 syns and used half to make enough for 3 big helpings)
    Add a chopped red pepper/yellow pepper/onion and some tomatoes
    Add about half a packet of Rice, enough to cover ingredients in pan (you can buy paella rice if you want to but I just use normal rice)
    Stir all together for about 2 mins add stock (I use chiken you could use veg)I start off with about 3/4 pint.
    Add some saffron, a bit of dried oregano and salt and pepper
    If you need to add more stock keep doing so until the rice is cooked (I add about another 3/4 pint) final result should have a slight sauce - squeeze over some lemon juice and serve

My hubby adds some frozen prawns in to his helping at the end for about 3 mins

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. why_d

why_d by name, wide by nature

Start Weight:
    30st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    23st3.2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(18.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    sounds good! have some chorizo in the fridge and was worried i'd not be able to use it but 15 syns for the whole thing sounds fair

4. Lizabeth

Lizabeth Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This has given me an idea for tea tonight. Have some leftover chicken so might make this but add smoked paprika to it instead of the lemon. I love rice dishes, you can add or detract how you like, but always end up with something tasty.

5. jane76

jane76 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    zenical
    sounds yummy! ive just writen it down in my recipe book and will be making it soon x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.