Chicken and Chorizio paella

NIKI

Well its kind of made up really so here is mine guess you could/add take away whatever you want really:

In big pan I frylight some leftover lemon roast chicken (you can squeeze lemon juice on to cooked chicken and put in oven for about 20 mins to get same taste).
Add in the Chorizio (I buy the sliced stuff in a packet, got mine from Morrisons whole packet is 15 syns and used half to make enough for 3 big helpings)
Add a chopped red pepper/yellow pepper/onion and some tomatoes
Add about half a packet of Rice, enough to cover ingredients in pan (you can buy paella rice if you want to but I just use normal rice)
Stir all together for about 2 mins add stock (I use chiken you could use veg)I start off with about 3/4 pint.
Add some saffron, a bit of dried oregano and salt and pepper
If you need to add more stock keep doing so until the rice is cooked (I add about another 3/4 pint) final result should have a slight sauce - squeeze over some lemon juice and serve

My hubby adds some frozen prawns in to his helping at the end for about 3 mins

sounds good! have some chorizo in the fridge and was worried i'd not be able to use it but 15 syns for the whole thing sounds fair

This has given me an idea for tea tonight. Have some leftover chicken so might make this but add smoked paprika to it instead of the lemon. I love rice dishes, you can add or detract how you like, but always end up with something tasty.

sounds yummy! ive just writen it down in my recipe book and will be making it soon x

Back