chicken bovril cant find it!

GemmaB1984

hey there everyone i was looking to make the yummy SW kfc chicken but i cannot find the Chicken Bovril anywhere can someone tell me where they managed to get it from, if not an alternative where it wouldnt make too much difference to the recipe x

I heard Sainsbury stock it, I suffer the same problem can't get it anywhere near me.

Got mine in morrisons definately don't sell it in asda.

I get it from Tesco delivery (so from the largest Tesco store near me)

I get it from Morrison's - Asda like mentioned about don't stock it which for me is a pain as that's where I shop!

I can only get it in Sainsbury's around here. It's over the freezers with alot of the sauces etc. Oxo do a chicken concentrate which is free and a similar consistency to bovril, not quite as thick but would probably work.
SGN3821.jpg

Morrisons also do Chicken (and Beef) Bovril Stock Cubes for those recipes which require stock made with Bovril.

Dont know where you are in the NW Gemma but I know that my local big 24 hour Tescos definitely stock it, as does my local Sainsburys.

Morrisons also do Chicken (and Beef) Bovril Stock Cubes for those recipes which require stock made with Bovril.

Can someone confirm bovril do stock cubes as the man in morrisons looked at me like i had horns :kissass: and handed me oxo cubes they are not free is that correct it is only the bovril in the jar and from what I am now reading the oxo in a bottle :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks

They definately do them Michelle they look like this:

bovril%20beef%20stock%20cubes.jpg

It seems I was a fool and made up the chicken bovril cubes bit!! Sorry if that made you look silly :-(

Our C said that all stock cubes are free so not sure on the other bit :/

Chris

I have wondered for months so emailed Unilever and this is part of their response...

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us about the availability of Chicken Bovril. It is still in production and It’s great to hear that you’re keen to buy it. We have had some delays due to the Pandemic, we are doing everything that we can and are working hard alongside retailers to keep your favourite's on shelves. Unfortunately, we don’t have any control over which products are stocked in your local supermarkets.

I appreciate it is difficult locating these items at present and recommend calling your local retailers to ask if there is stock and if they will be able to order the product for you. Here are the retailer's numbers:

Asda 0800 952 0101

Morrisons 0845 611 6111

Sainsbury's 0800 636262

I do hope you can get hold of the product shortly. I recently found these in Wilko’s so it may be worth trying there.

Should you have any further feedback, or wish to discuss this matter further, please get back in touch and we will be happy to help.

Answers from Dove Ambassadors

Confirm your age:: Yes - I confirm that I am over 16 years old. By submitting this form you agree to the Terms and Conditions. - checked Comment: I am a long time customer by purchaser of your jars of chicken Bovril however for some months I haven't been able to obtain it. Upon checking all of the main supermarkets there are no stock or in the case of Sainsbury’s completely removed, even Amazonno longer stocks it. There is a lot of confusion within online forums as to why it's unavailable, whether you're no longer making it, problems finding ingredients, recalls, etc. Please can you advise, thank you.
17:30

Hi Philip, Thank you so much for getting in touch with us about the availability of Chicken Bovril. It is still in production and It’s great to hear that you’re keen to buy it. We have had some delays due to the Pandemic, we are doing everything that we can and are working hard alongside retailers to keep your favourite's on shelves. Unfortunately, we don’t have any control over which products are stocked in your local supermarkets. I appreciate it is difficult locating these items at present and recommend calling your local retailers to ask if there is stock and if they will be able to order the product for you. Here are the retailer's numbers: Asda 0800 952 0101 Morrisons 0845 611 6111 Sainsbury's 0800 636262 I do hope you can get hold of the product shortly. I recently found these in Wilko’s so it may be worth trying there. Should you have any further feedback, or wish to discuss this matter further, please get back in touch and we will be happy to help.

Back