Chicken Breast and Ketosis

Hi Munchkin,

I don't mean to encourage you but everytime I desperately NEEDED a protein fix, I always had a chicken tikka kebab and always remained in ketosis! :)

I wish the same for you although it IS a slippery slope and only a super-human effort and determination can get you back on track! :)

Good luck on whatever you decide!

I swear I'm NEVER reading this thread again LOL! After I read it earlier I ended up picking on extra chicken on my AAM week :( :( :(

I will however check in again soon to see how the WI goes ;)

Good luck guys x x

I'm whispering here ..... on my AAM I ordered a takeaway chicken tandoori steamer thinking I'd just have a teensy bit of the chicken and the salad .... ate a whole breast with the salad then about 3 hours later ate the other breast! :eek: Next day I was still in ketosis but according to the scales had GAINED 2lbs!!!:mad::mad: Avoided the scales the next day but the day after that I had LOST 4lbs from the pre-"chicken fiasco" weight.... so I don't know what to make of it at all! I find it easier to have NOTHING to eat rather than the miniscule portions allowed on AAM - think I'll ask my GP to "sign me off" it!:)

LOL at this thread!
You are all evil weevils!
Mmmmmmm......chicken kebab!
I'm drooling now.
Ceri

well guys... please don't say I told you so, but I've been up since 3 am :sick0019:perhaps TMI huh??!! I wouldn't recommend that anyone ever has a chicken kebab like EVER AGAIN!! I feel wretched - but it's my own fault :sign0007:!!

Not only are there gremlins in my belly :eek: but I feel fat and bloated and quite frankly :sign0137:. I have dress to squeeze into later for our family event ... what if it doesn't fit??!!! I'll have to go in a bin liner ha ha!! Well luckily for me it's got a long jacket to hide the now pg looking belly!!! phew!!

And to be honest, I didn't really enjoy it that much :mad:. The anticipation of having it was much better than it actually tasted. So in future I will be leaving well alone .... MUST LEARN NOT TO GIVE INTO CRAVINGS!!! :doh: You guys stay strong this weekend, just because I'm off the wagon for the weekend doesn't mean I won't be checking up on you lot!!!

I'm back on board tomoz and deserve everything the scales the chuck at me :devilangel:.

BTW - out of ketosis but i would have been after tonight anyway. ho hum!!! Lots of love, very poorly munchie xx

p.s. soz for war & peace!! :rolleyes:

*laughing* at this thread lolol.

Just out of interest seeing as this has been bumped, (maybe to others too) Chicken Breast - cooked HOW?

So long as it doesnt have the skin does it matter how its been cooked?

Could it be a slice from the Sunday Roast?

Can it be from a supermarket Rottesserie?

Can it be a slice of Bernard Matthews 98% Fat Free (but processed with added water and salt at a guess?),

steamed (looks DREADFUL but moist enough)

Are there any rules regarding chicken breast?

xx

This is very odd - I am on LL and was advised to come out of ketosis for an operation by eating small amounts of protein.

Hmmmm, :jelous: is all I can say to any food EVER AGAIN!!! Had such a lovely and very rich meal last night (OMG like soooo good) and have paid the price .... up all night being very :sign0137:. Never ever ever would I have thought I would be saying this, but it's soooooo nice to be back on CD (albeit I'm only 1/2 LF choc shake into the day so far) but the thought of food .... :sick0019:

It serves me right for having an indulgent weekend and will certainly put me off doing it again for a very long time. I feel just awful. Anyone tempted to fall of the wagon - PLEASE DON'T IT'S NOT WORTH IT! The only saving grace is that I haven't gained any weight (although I flippin well deserve to have done) as I'm soooo empty. Takin my poorly sorry ass to bed. Night x

p.s. no idea about the chicken thing - mine was a fat disgusting greasy kebab but I really don't wanna talk about it today :jelous:

At my kebab shop they use proper chunks of chicken breast on a grill but I do have a bit of mayonnaise (its keeping me sane on this diet)

Maybe I've lost the plot a bit - is that a take-away chicken kebab?? As in kebab van styleee??? Or are we talking a home made kebab - chicken on a skewer??? I'm kinda hoping it's the first one!!! :D

No it's definitely the take away kind. After all it is only grilled chicken, pickled cabbage and lettuce. Just don't eat any onion or chilli/garlic sauce.
I'm not strong enough to try it though. The taste would snowball me into the binge of my life I think!!

Hey Deb,

You are so right, the kebab did snowball ..... all that yummy food made me want chocolate .... so i indulged (a lot :rolleyes:) and the binge went on from there!!!

Oh well - won't be doing that again! Thank god I have a delicate digestive system or that could have been some serious weekend damage!!! :eek:

Chocolate would be my next port of call too! Just worried that the "this one doesn't count" would lead to many more "this won't count!" senarios. Deceiving myself is how i got into this mess! :(

Back