Chicken Dupiaza with Pilau Rice

I made this a week or so ago, but have only just got round to eating a portion myself as it all went in the freezer.

I didn't have the time this evening to make the rice so just had plain rice, and it doesn't look as fancy as yours but it was scrummy anyway, so thank you.

Looking back at in now; yours looks a lot redder than mine...what do you think I missed?

26659-albums2139-picture13039.jpg

Hi, yes I did. Oh well, never mind it still tasted great.

Making it now and it smells lovely

And it tasted superb mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm

Such a pity we don't have smell - a - vision........................... if the dishes taste half as good as they look................. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I'm hunting through the section trying to plan next week's menu's and this is definately going to be one of my meals.

Thanks again Britmum!

Hope this doesn't sound stupid, but does it taste really oniony? I want to do this, but the hubby doesn't like onions, but if he cant really tase them and doesn't know they are there, then I might get away with it!
Mel

No I don't think it tastes too oniony. However Dupiaza actually means "double onion" hence the use of alot of onion in the dish. You could always leave some of it out I suppose. But not sure what it would taste like.

Such a pity we don't have smell - a - vision........................... if the dishes taste half as good as they look................. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I'm hunting through the section trying to plan next week's menu's and this is definately going to be one of my meals.

Thanks again Britmum!

I haven't had anyone say they didnt enjoy it "yet". lol

But you never know, there could be a first :p

hi britmum i think this looks and sounds fab. Do you think I could make this in the slow cooker? I was also wondering why there is a syn in it (i'm new to extra easy and still trying to get my head around it) Thanks very much:)

hi britmum i think this looks and sounds fab. Do you think I could make this in the slow cooker? I was also wondering why there is a syn in it (i'm new to extra easy and still trying to get my head around it) Thanks very much:)

The syn in the recipe, is from the tomato puree (which is not a free food item)

The syn in the recipe, is from the tomato puree (which is not a free food item).

As for cooking in the slow cooker, I am not sure, it may work. You would prob need to make the onion puree first though.

Had this on saturday night it was so good :D:D can highly recommend it. Its not a very spicy as in hot curry (for those that like that) I used medium curry powder which was fine for the kids and me, if I was making it for me and hubby would maybe use madras hot or for hubby vinadloo hot powder. :eek:

still really good though it makes a nice thicker sauce than what OH makes :D

OMG!!! i am soooooooooo going to try this Sat!! My Mama and Papa are coming for tea on saturday,, so definately going to make this :)

Ohh so to make it hot would you use hot madras powder aswell i have some of that? how muchw ould you put in??

Wow thanks BMIC, you've come up trumps once again!! Yet another recipe to add to my eagerly awaiting list!!XXX

Back