Chicken Recipes needed please!

laura2481

Silver Member
Hi, I've got the idea of having a 'chicken week' for the first week in January. Similar to a fish week but lots of different chicken based meals. Hopefully it will give me a bit of a boost- lots of speed foods! :p I'm choosing this as my fiance doesn't like fish (awkward :rolleyes:) but when I suggested this he just moaned that it would get really boring so.. what I'm asking for is some different ideas for syn free and low syn chicken based meals!

So far I have:
Any ideas guys?!

Thanks

:)

The sw chicken curry is amazing and free

My OH also won't eat fish so we mostly eat chicken all the time.

As BritMumInCanada said it is best to search the recipe forum for "chicken", but we regularly have:

Lemon Chicken - chicken breasts topped with dried oregano and garlic powder and baked in lemon juice in a casserole pot.
Tex Mex Chicken - in a slow cooker put a tin of chopped tomatoes with 1tsp Bovril mixed in. Put chicken strips covered with a mixture of chopped fresh coriander, 1tsp cumin and 1 jalapeno pepper, top with sliced red pepper and then grated chedder from your HE allowance. Serve with rice and tortilla wraps if you have enough syns
Stuffed Chicken - Chicken breasts stuffed with mushrooms and light cheese triangles (HE) then wrapped in bacon and baked covered in the oven.
Chicken Paella - Easier if you have the ready made paella spices. Fry onion and chicken in Fry Light, add spices, green beans, rice and tin chopped tomates with water and simmer until rice is cooked. Add more water if necessary.
Chicken Jambalaya - Frylight chicken with chopped garlic and dried oregano, parsley, cajun spice and cayenne. Add chopped peppers, chopped onion, chorizo bits, rice and a tin of tomatoes and simmer until rice is cooked adding more water if necessary.
Chicken Coke - the recipe for this is on the forum but basically chicken, garlic, onion and diet coke in a frying pan

to name but a few.

I hope this helps

I love cajun chicken as it is so easy to make. Simple dust on from a packet mix and grill. A little lime juice over the top and some mushroom rice and salad tops it off perfectly.

Also chicken teriyaki noodle stirfry is really delicious.

Chicken and vegetable stew.

Ingredients:

cumin
turmeric
chilli flakes
paprika
bay leaf
chicken strips
onion
garlic
whatever vegetables are in season:
potatoes
carrots
celeriac
parsnips
swede
broad beans
brussels sprouts
cabbage
pearl barley
dried split peas
tomato paste
oil
red wine
Method:

Take a pressure cooker and over a low heat add the oil, the spices, the garlic, the onion and the chicken. Brown all, then add the vegetables, the tomato paste, and the dried peas and pearl barley. Deglaze the pan with a splash of red wine, then add 3/4 pint water, put on the lid and the weight and turn the heat up to full. Wait for the steam to build until it lifts the weight, then turn the heat back to medium. Cook for 10 minutes, release the steam pressure and remove the lid, then simmer over a low heat until the sauce thickens.
Serve with naan bread.

I adore the sw sweet cilli chicken with rice + veg. Can't remember exact measurements but basically chicken thighs with soy sauce sweetchilli sauce harrisa paste + garlic. I like to marinate It overnight. Think its about 2syns per portion and it tastes amazing with rice, mashed potato, salad or on its own

Thanks for the ideas guys :) I know I could search for recipes but I was looking for ideas of what people make and are good :)
Keep 'em coming :)

Aah but a recipe only get posted here if a person thinks it is good - after all why post one that is bad - so a search would answer your question ;)

Tonight I had the coke chicken and made it as follows:

one pack of chicken mini fillets
1 medium onion sliced
dark soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tsp of lazy garlic
chinese 5 spice
half a small contour bottle of pepsi max

Basically I threw all bar the pepsi into my wok, once the chicken had cooked through, i added in the pepsi max which kind of boiled down, whilst being stirred pretty much continously. I had it with rice and peas and sweetcorn and it was delicious. It seems this is an experimental meal as others have added all sorts to it. Definately worth a try. Enjoy chicken week... as much as I adore chicken, I think I would go bonkers with a whole week of it.

Tonight I had the coke chicken and made it as follows:

one pack of chicken mini fillets
1 medium onion sliced
dark soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tsp of lazy garlic
chinese 5 spice
half a small contour bottle of pepsi max

Basically I threw all bar the pepsi into my wok, once the chicken had cooked through, i added in the pepsi max which kind of boiled down, whilst being stirred pretty much continously. I had it with rice and peas and sweetcorn and it was delicious. It seems this is an experimental meal as others have added all sorts to it. Definately worth a try. Enjoy chicken week... as much as I adore chicken, I think I would go bonkers with a whole week of it.

Hmm, thanks for that. The tomato sauce you added...is it tomato sauce as in ketchup or tomato sauce as in passata? Just thought i'd double check... sounds nice. Think I'll put that on the list for the week...

:)

Ideas so far:

Lunches
  • chicken and veg soup
  • chicken with leafy salad (leftovers from roast chicken)
  • spicy chicken with couscous and veg
  • leftover chicken chasseur with jacket potato
Dinners:
  • Diet coke chicken with stirfry veg
  • Chicken chasseur with veg and mustard mash
  • Roast chicken, veg and roast potatoes
  • Cajun chicken topped with cheese with roasted veg
  • Tandoori chicken with onion bhajis and poppadoms (yum)
  • Chicken,bacon and gruyere cheese kebabs, with veg/salad
I know nothing but chicken could get very boring but I think there are enough very different variations of chicken to do one week, and not be bored.

Bit stuck for a couple of different lunches.. I could re-do the chicken soup I suppose but just need one more meal! :confused:

Last edited:
Back