Chicken recipes?

sparkledpixie

Silver Member
My boyfriend made baked spiced chicken out of an old 'free red recipes' book and it was really good... I wondered what you do with chicken on red days?

chicken stir fry with plain noodles :)
have you got the recipe for the spicy chicken your bf made :)

Sure have :)

Serves 4

4 chicken breasts
1 tbsp lemon juice
good pinch chilli powder
142g very low fat fromage frais ( I used quark)
can of chopped tomatoes
pinch salt
1/2 level tsp coriander

skin and make small slits in the flesh of the chicken.

Mix the remaining ingredients together in a deep dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat well in the marinade mixture. Leave in a cool place for at least 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 190 degrees or gas 5. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

It was really nice but I thought it would have been better to put the full thing in the oven including the sauce! Not sure if it would work that way?

Thanks ever so much - shall av a bash at makin it next week

Try cooking it in all the sauce and let me know how it comes out :)

will do x

chicken in bbq sauce, spicy chicken, chicken stuffed with boursin light wrapped in bacon, chicken and bacon pasta, roast chicken, oh the list could go on and on:)

We eat loads of chicken:

Stirfry's
Stuffed with babybel lights & wrapped in bacon
Make into a chicken cake (recipe in recipe section)
With syn free bbq sauce
sprinkled with herbs/spices & with lots of salad
Spanish style chicken (in tomato sauce & sliced peppers)
Casserole

& plenty more, but just can't think! lol

I am a curry girl

Pataks tikka massala paste coriander and lemon or tikka curry paste tamarind and paprika (1 syn per tbspn) x2
Large onion
400g chicken
Pepper
Tin tomatoes
Extra curry powder (like it spicy)
150ml natural yog

Fry onion and pepper in frylight, stir in curry paste, add chicken and seal add tinned tomatoes, simmer twenty mins (add curry powder if wanted) stir in yogurt. serve with boiled rice (free)

Dependng on portion sized about 1 sin as serves two quite a bit

2 syns each for sharwoods plain poppodums if you want that extra.

carla xx

The other day i just put the chicken breasts into a oven dish and spread some very thick chopped toms with herbs (cant remember the make but it was from waitrose) and baked in the oven, it kept the chicken really moist and had a nice thick layer of tomato stuff on the top. Was a hit in my house, and very cheap/easy.

It would be KFC Chicken for me. I only recently done my first batch last week and I will be doing my second batch this week!

chopped chicken.add tsp garlic,oregano,chilli to taste,salt,sweeteners,tin chopped tomswhizzed to smooth,1/2 pint stock,chopped onion,any other veg you like eg spinach/sweetcorn. Put all in saucepan ,bring to boil then simmer until sauce thickens and meat cooked..Serve with veg/rice/noodles.Adapt to use prawns/seafood as well.Takes about 45 minsto cookwith chicken. Make sauce first for ithers and add seafood for last few mins.

chopped chicken.add tsp garlic,oregano,chilli to taste,salt,sweeteners,tin chopped tomswhizzed to smooth,1/2 pint stock,chopped onion,any other veg you like eg spinach/sweetcorn. Put all in saucepan ,bring to boil then simmer until sauce thickens and meat cooked..Serve with veg/rice/noodles.Adapt to use prawns/seafood as well.Takes about 45 minsto cookwith chicken. Make sauce first for ithers and add seafood for last few mins.

Sounds great, I'll definitely be making this!

KFC chicken..... where is the recipe for that?!!!!

KFC recipe is in this section I have just made it and scotch eggs for taster evening tomorrow.

nettie xx

Back