chicken satay recipe s/w style

shorty1981

im sure i have seen this recipe on here but cant find it help plz i have to start tea soon and i dont know what to cook i have turkey strips
thanks x

Satay Chicken (or turkey!):

Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
3 Syns on Original, Extra Easy and Green*

*Add 6 Syns if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra on Green

For the satay chicken:
454g diced chicken breast
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweetener
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
Fry Light
Satay/kebab skewers

For the sauce:
3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais
1. Place the diced chicken into a dish or bowl. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Drain the chicken, then skewer the chunks onto the kebab sticks (usually 3-4 pieces per stick)

3. Place on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked.

4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by mixing the peanut butter, water and garlic together in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, but don't worry if it seems runny as it will thicken as it cools.

5. Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and then add the remaining sauce ingredients. Beat until smooth and serve together with the satay, hot or cold.

Was this the one you were looking for? sounds gorgeous! xx

I've made this and it was yum although I now ony use 1/2 tsp cumin as I found a whole tsp a little over powering

xxx

i do this but instead of doing as a dipping sauce i put the sauce over the chicken/turkey have it with egg fried/spring onion rice done with fry light and it make me think im having a take away yet it really healthy and only a few sins

Satay Chicken (or turkey!):

Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
3 Syns on Original, Extra Easy and Green*

*Add 6 Syns if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra on Green

For the satay chicken:
454g diced chicken breast
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweetener
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
Fry Light
Satay/kebab skewers

For the sauce:
3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais
1. Place the diced chicken into a dish or bowl. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Drain the chicken, then skewer the chunks onto the kebab sticks (usually 3-4 pieces per stick)

3. Place on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked.

4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by mixing the peanut butter, water and garlic together in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, but don't worry if it seems runny as it will thicken as it cools.

5. Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and then add the remaining sauce ingredients. Beat until smooth and serve together with the satay, hot or cold.

Was this the one you were looking for? sounds gorgeous! xx

Mmmmm going to have this after WI tonight! Cant wait! x

Back