Chicken Shashlik

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by ThinLizzy, 12 January 2008 Social URL.

1. ThinLizzy

ThinLizzy Wants to be a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi all,

I have just ordered this from the indian because on the eating out guide it says it is 4.5 points....well then I realised that it is under the starters bit....but mine that I have ordered is more from the mains bit...it is basically chicken marinated together with tomatoes, peppers and onions.....I have heard about it being a slimming option before, so I know it is not too bad..what do you think?? shall I keep it at 4.5?? I think I will....the alternative is too depressing!!

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Id maybe add on a another couple to be safe, unless its your treat night ;)

If not Id maybe count it as 6 just to be safe

4. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I would wait and see what size container it comes in. If it's a small one, I'd count it as 4.5 as per the eating out guide, if it comes in a huge big container then I'd probably double the points, just to be on the safe side. However, if it's your treat night then you're already doing better than me, because I'd have just thrown out the eating out guide and ordered a chicken tikka masala, lol!!!

Whatever the points - enjoy it!!

5. ThinLizzy

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    What is this treat night malarky?? Are we allowed to have a night of pigging out free of points or something??????? Tell me more!!
    It was in quite a big container, I'd say 6 largish bits of chicken with onion and peppers, no sauce or anything....I have already planned a WW banoffee dessert for later and was about to start drinking tea (will need 1 point for milk!) so that will have been all me points for the day.....I think I will just tell myself it was 4.5 for tonight!!

6. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    ooooooo the ww banofee pie desert is lush, hope you enjoyed it all xx

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    lol Lizzy I think most of us have a treat on our WI night... a wee reward for the week. I usually bank some points then on my 'treat night' I have a Chinese Take Away.

I find it really helps, knowing I have it to look forward to, and its not had an adverse effect on my weight loss

8. ThinLizzy

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Oh right, so points have to be banked for the treat night! Oh well, I will just count this Shashlik as 5 points tonight....I only have that 0.5 point spare!! You never know, it might even be right, it was only chicken and veg really, with a bit of herbs N spices....
    Your right about the Banoffee dessert Sazzy, they are my defo fave of the WW frozen dessert range and i've tried a few!!

9. Chev13

Chev13 Glass of wine anyone?

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Hi Thin Lizzy,

The milk in your Tea shouldn't come to 1 point, 1/2 pint of skimmed is 1 point, unless you like very milky tea of course,

I have allocated 4 points a week for milk for my Tea, as i don't use 2 pints a week on it.

But we all have our own things,

>BIG HUGS<

Mark

xx

10. ThinLizzy

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi

I have never looked into how many points semi skimmed milk is, which is what I have...so I just have a point for it, no matter whether I have one cup of tea that day or 5 I count the milk as 1 point for the days that I have tea, which isnt every day....but I just find it easier that way....thanks for the info re. the milk though...sounds like you've got things sorted...keep up the good work!!

11. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

i count 2 a day ,i have skimmed milkx

12. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I measure my milk out into a jug every morning and use that for my tea/coffee for the day. I usually have half a pint of skimmed milk for 1 point, which makes about 6 cups of tea...I need my tea, I have a cup when I feel the munchies coming on! I used to use semi-skimmed milk, but could think of better things to spend the extra point on (ie an alpen light bar, lol).

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I absolutely HATE skimmed milk... hate hate hate it.

I buy Wisemans 'The One' Milk which is semi skimmed with the fat/cals of skimmed :bliss:

14. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Ooh, really?! I don't think I've ever heard of that! Is it expensive?! Do you get it from Tesco?!!

I want some now! I don't particularly like skimmed milk either, but I'd rather use it then have to use extra points for me tea and coffee.

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I get it from Tesco on my .com order. Its harder to get but not any dearer. Its got a purple top.

16. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I just found it on Tesco.com and added it to my shopping for next week - thanks for that! :)

17. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

oo never tried thatxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.