Chicken Soup....

Tara.a

Tried a chicken soup lasy night - both as a rather thick papadom & also in soup form and actually rather liked both forms!! :eek:

What I did find is that all night, my mouth felt like I'd swallowed a salt cellar! :jelous:

Has anyone else found this with the soup? I'd be really sad to loose this bit of savoury food from my diet now.

Tara I have the chicken soup in both forms all the time. I did notice in the beginning that it tasted really salty and for hours afterwards I had that icky feeling in my mouth but haven't experienced it for weeks now. Maybe I've just become accustomed to it and don't notice anymore. I think it's worth it though, the taste of something that resembles 'real' food taste has definitely helped me keep at this...my friends have decided that my 'poppadom' attempt is like a pancake..I ahve one every night now and mostly chicken soup every day for my lunch...love them!! :)

I don't mind the chicken soup if I mix it with really hot water and then I add a bit of pepper to it to make it a bit more palatable. I do admit it is not the best thing.

vanilla shakes are the killer for me there bloody terrible
looking forwrd to a hot mint choc drinklater to warm me up on this cold evening

how do u do the popadum

Calling it a poppadom is a bit of a stretch, well what I make anyway. There is a recipe post on here somewhere with some good ideas for different things you can do, just do a search for it. What I do is blend the soup mix with a small amount of water and then pour the mixture onto a plate, then zap in the microwave for a few minutes at a low temp and then a couple of minutes at a high temp. The result is a 'thing' that's crunchy round the edges and a bit doughy in the middle. I like it..but I'm not saying anyone else would :p. The recipe instructions for the poppadom are much clearer but I'm too lazy to look them up again to get it right so I just stick with my way!!!

Tried a chicken soup lasy night - both as a rather thick papadom & also in soup form and actually rather liked both forms!! :eek:

What I did find is that all night, my mouth felt like I'd swallowed a salt cellar! :jelous:

Has anyone else found this with the soup? I'd be really sad to loose this bit of savoury food from my diet now.

I just can't stand the soups at all. Great if you can, coz having something hot makes a big diff x

Yeah I cant stomach the soup in any form and the vanilla shake makes me hurl!
I live on choc and strawberry shakes :(

i cant abide the vanilla shakes :mad: even with a sopoon of coffee in them and them warm there are horrible i can stomach the soup with some chilli in them apart from that its strawberry and chocolate all the way:D

I'm with you there Craigie - vanilla is just to chalky!

First weigh in tomorrow, so going to make sure that I get some more soup - too cold to just live on shakes on the moment! :eek:

Nom..nom..nom.. :)

I'm gonna try making the chicken soup crisps!! Doubt they'll taste any different to the pancake outer crispy bits but it'll be a bit different anyway. It says on the recipe thread to make them with sparkling water and add tabasco and things but I'm not going to add anything. Just mix pack with sparkling water to make a paste and spread tiny bits on greaseproof paper and zap it!! I'll let you know how I get on :)

i cant abide the vanilla shakes :mad: even with a sopoon of coffee in them and them warm there are horrible i can stomach the soup with some chilli in them apart from that its strawberry and chocolate all the way:D

Hun the only way I could manage the vanilla was made with ice cold water and a couple of ice cubes thrown in and sip it through a straw- in the end it was my favourite- personally I think all the shakes hot are disgusting! Try the vanilla ice cold it might change your mind!

Nom..nom..nom.. :)

I'm gonna try making the chicken soup crisps!! Doubt they'll taste any different to the pancake outer crispy bits but it'll be a bit different anyway. It says on the recipe thread to make them with sparkling water and add tabasco and things but I'm not going to add anything. Just mix pack with sparkling water to make a paste and spread tiny bits on greaseproof paper and zap it!! I'll let you know how I get on :)

Yes please!!!

I'm not sure that I'm making the pancake right thought - tonight it was crunchy around the edges, but still quite soft a chewy in the middle???

I love the chicken soup sometimes , i usually drink it with 750ml to 1 litre of water , i add a bit of pepper. even if i was not on a diet i would have it.

Mmmmmm now theres a thought, I may try the poppadom. I like (well like maybe a little strong) but its okay with pepper, curry powder, chilli, paprika and tumeric, but is such much need of something different.

When I did lipotrim a few years ago I could only stomach chicken soup for one week. BUT because I hated it so much and couldn't finish it I lost a stone in week one!

Very tempted to give LT another try...calorie counting for 6 weeks and then I think I'll decide.

Back