1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Chicken Tikka massala recipe please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by mechmanuk, 13 November 2010 Social URL.

1. mechmanuk

mechmanuk johnboy

Borrowed a little curry book i had and cant get it back yet grrrr and really fancy a curry.

thers a chicken tikka massala recipe which was pretty simple to do, has anyone ot the book and can please post the recipe soon as, would be most grateful :)
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bunny_lover

bunny_lover Full Member

I have the recipe which is in the extra easy book is it the same? (0.5 syns)
  4. mechmanuk

mechmanuk johnboy

havent got that book so i dunno bunny, the piccy of it was in a metal bowl like they serve in the restaurants lol, wasnt many ingredients neither of which one was tikka curry powder lol.
  5. bunny_lover

bunny_lover Full Member

Ok here is the recipe just in case it is the same
    serves 4

1/2 syn on EE

4 TBSP tikka powder
    200g pot fat free natural yogurt
    salt and freshly ground pepper
    700g/1lb 8oz skinless and boneless chicken breast or thigh cut into bite size pieces
    low cal cooking spray
    1 onion peeled and grated
    4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
    1 red chillo chopped and deseeded
    1 tsp group ginger
    2 tbsp tomato puree (1 syn)
    1 tsp artificial sweetner
    5 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
    300g/10.5 oz dried long-grain rice
    a handful of coriander, chopped

1: Mix half of the tikka powder with the yoghurt and season well. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour over the tikka yogurt and combine. set aside
    2: spray a non-stick pan with low cal cooking spray and fry the onion for 5-6 mins. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and remaining tikka powder and fry for 2-3 mins. Stir in the tom puree, sweetner and 250ml/8.5 oz of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat add the fromage frais and simmer for 12-15 mins, stirring often.
    3: Cook the rice according to the packet, drain and keep warm.
    4: meanwhile preheat the grill to medium, place the chicken on a grill rack, spray with fry light and grill for 15 mins, turning occasionally until cooked, add the chicken to the sauce.
    5: serve sprinkled with coriander, with a tomato salad (sliced tomatoes, mint leaves, chilli power and lemon juice)

I really fancy curry now :)
  6. mechmanuk

mechmanuk johnboy

that'll do for starters, many thanks bunny. Get them pans out its curry night lol
  7. bunny_lover

bunny_lover Full Member

Hopefully you get your book back - it's so annoying when you fancy something and you don't have your recipes :)
  8. mechmanuk

mechmanuk johnboy

yea not sure if it is that one but looks good to me, cant wait lol
  9. bunny_lover

bunny_lover Full Member

you will have to let me know how it goes :)
  10. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

do you think you could reduce the water content on this recipe and it wouldnt impact the cooking too much? I dont want a watery curry i want a thick creamy one!!! hehe!

I might risk it and try this tonight with much less water. Or perhaps chicken bovril? - so its gloopy! oh pants, i really want to make it creamy and not watery!
  11. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Could you not just boil it for longer and reduce it that way?
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.