Chicken Tikka massala recipe please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by mechmanuk, 13 November 2010 Social URL.

1. mechmanuk

mechmanuk johnboy

Borrowed a little curry book i had and cant get it back yet grrrr and really fancy a curry.

thers a chicken tikka massala recipe which was pretty simple to do, has anyone ot the book and can please post the recipe soon as, would be most grateful :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bunny_lover

bunny_lover Full Member

I have the recipe which is in the extra easy book is it the same? (0.5 syns)

4. mechmanuk

mechmanuk johnboy

havent got that book so i dunno bunny, the piccy of it was in a metal bowl like they serve in the restaurants lol, wasnt many ingredients neither of which one was tikka curry powder lol.

5. bunny_lover

bunny_lover Full Member

Ok here is the recipe just in case it is the same
    serves 4

1/2 syn on EE

4 TBSP tikka powder
    200g pot fat free natural yogurt
    salt and freshly ground pepper
    700g/1lb 8oz skinless and boneless chicken breast or thigh cut into bite size pieces
    low cal cooking spray
    1 onion peeled and grated
    4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
    1 red chillo chopped and deseeded
    1 tsp group ginger
    2 tbsp tomato puree (1 syn)
    1 tsp artificial sweetner
    5 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
    300g/10.5 oz dried long-grain rice
    a handful of coriander, chopped

1: Mix half of the tikka powder with the yoghurt and season well. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour over the tikka yogurt and combine. set aside
    2: spray a non-stick pan with low cal cooking spray and fry the onion for 5-6 mins. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and remaining tikka powder and fry for 2-3 mins. Stir in the tom puree, sweetner and 250ml/8.5 oz of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat add the fromage frais and simmer for 12-15 mins, stirring often.
    3: Cook the rice according to the packet, drain and keep warm.
    4: meanwhile preheat the grill to medium, place the chicken on a grill rack, spray with fry light and grill for 15 mins, turning occasionally until cooked, add the chicken to the sauce.
    5: serve sprinkled with coriander, with a tomato salad (sliced tomatoes, mint leaves, chilli power and lemon juice)

I really fancy curry now :)

6. mechmanuk

mechmanuk johnboy

that'll do for starters, many thanks bunny. Get them pans out its curry night lol

7. bunny_lover

bunny_lover Full Member

Hopefully you get your book back - it's so annoying when you fancy something and you don't have your recipes :)

8. mechmanuk

mechmanuk johnboy

yea not sure if it is that one but looks good to me, cant wait lol

9. bunny_lover

bunny_lover Full Member

you will have to let me know how it goes :)

10. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

do you think you could reduce the water content on this recipe and it wouldnt impact the cooking too much? I dont want a watery curry i want a thick creamy one!!! hehe!

I might risk it and try this tonight with much less water. Or perhaps chicken bovril? - so its gloopy! oh pants, i really want to make it creamy and not watery!
    x

11. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Could you not just boil it for longer and reduce it that way?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.