Really likes to cook
Hi All.
Here is one of my favourite recipes.

Pete’s Chicken wrapped in Bacon with cheese
use as a main meal
Recipe for 2 people

Ingredients
2 chicken breast
42g of mozzarella cheese, reduced Fat (1xHea)
6 slices of smoked lean bacon
3 Tomatoes
Peas
1 Onion
125Ml rice
Basil leaves

Method
Preheat the oven to 180c place bacon onto a board and remove any fat then using the back of a knife stretch the bacon then wrap the chicken slightly overlapping each other.

Apply Fry light to the casserole dish, place each chicken piece into dish. Cut the tomatoes and place either with the chicken or a small oven ready dish, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and add a few basil leaves.

Bake in oven for approx 10-15 mins or until bacon is slightly browned and then remove from the oven and cover with the mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for a further 10 mins or until the chicken has cooked and the cheese has melted.

While the chicken is cooking. cook the finely chopped onion in a small pan with the peas.
When the rice has cooked remove from the pan and tip into a sieve and place back on the pan and steam it for a few minutes, remove and add the onion and peas and then plate up.

Remove chicken and tomatoes, remove the basil leaves and place on the rice.

Enjoy with salad.

Sounds yummy, I will give it a try!

Mmmm I stuff mine with low fat Feta, garlic and basil and wrap it in Parma Ham, its my favourite dinner I think, I have it about once a week mmmmmmmmm:)

I am having this tonight,.currently cooking!
My chicken has cheddar inside it :)
Can't wait to try it, just waiting on wedges...they take sooooooo long!
I have been cooking the chicken for about 30mins, don't want to over cook it but am scared incase its under cooked, I don't want to ruin it by cutting it in half to see if it is done either!...how long does a breast take to cook?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I do mine wrapped in bacon in foil on 170 degrees, for just under an hour,whilst the sw chips are cooking , I like my chicken properly done or I can't eat it.
We use garlic Philly,it's one of our favourite meals x

Woahhhh! :eek: I do mine for 15min in foil then 5 min with foil off to crisp the bacon/parma ham up. Chicken breast shouldn't take longer than 20min at about 180C - anything longer that is just gonna dry it out. Unless you prefer it that way of course, which is totally fine :)

I do my chick breasts for about 25 minutes at 180.

I de-skinned, de joined a whole chicken last night. Deboned the thighs and rolled them in bacon too, the breasts I used Laughing cow extra light as needed a low syn dinner :)

I took it out after the 30 mins unwrapped! It was in juices that had collected at the bottom of the dish so was very moist and extremely yummy!
Will do again for sure, just not for the kids as they wernt too keen!

Super filling too!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Yummy! I luuurrrrve the juices, always pour them all over my veg :)

This is what we're having for tea tonight - I impressed myself by even remembering to take the chicken out of the freezer lol!
I haven't tried it with the parma ham, is it much different to using bacon?

C x

I like it WAYYY better than bacon, its crispier and saltier, but its a lot more expensive and you have to syn it, then again you've gotta syn the bacon if its big enough to wrap I guess. But you use a lot less of it than bacon, I use 2 slices each breast which is 2.5 syns. You get six slices in a pack usually and its about £2.50.

Back