Chicky Noops - a one way ticket to Slimsville please?!

Chicky Noops

Hi everyone

:welcome: to my diary!

I thought it was about time I started one of these, especially given that my motivation is currently waning. I'm hoping that regular updates on this thread will hold me accountable knowing that it's out there for all to see! Fingers crossed!

Firstly, a bit about me...

I'm 25, married with a gorgeous little boy who is three is January. I work in Adult Education 3 days a week and spend the remaing days at home with Fin. It's a great balance and I feel very lucky to be in a position to work part time and have very family-friendly employers.

My weight-loss journey has had it's ups and downs; I've always been on the big side and was the tallest in my year for a long time until the boys took over. I've settled at 5ft 7 so not particularly tall but I've been that height since about 12! I can never, ever remember being anything less than a clothes size 12-14 and as school finished and college commenced I went up to a big but blissfully un-bothered size 16. Not huge in the grand scheme of things but I'm one of these strange people whose dress size has no correlation to their weight. I have to lose stones before I drop a size.

The first wake-up call I had about my weight was visiting the GP to try a new pill. She wouldn't prescribe it as my BMI was 31. She made me a pact that if I could get 7lbs off in the next 6 weeks, she would issue me with a prescription. Never one to forgo a challenge, I took her up and that was my first foray into the delights of Slimming World!

It helped that I also had a wedding to slim down for... I really wanted a size 12 wedding dress. Needless to say, I won the challenge easily and lost 3st 10lbs in 14 months taking me down to a size 12 and a BMI of 24.

This was a perfect weight for me, I did go a bit lower but couldn't maintain it, my hip and collar bones stuck out and I was shaky due to not eating as much as I should.

I kept the weight off, bar about 5 lbs for a year and then got pregnant and put on 4.5 stone! Some of the weight came off naturally after the birth but the last 1.5 - 2 stone clung on for dear life and has yet to depart!

I had a fling with WW along to way (not good for me, was starving all the time and spent points on artifical WW cakes rather than 'waste' them on fruit!) and Pig2Twig (quick, dramatic results but I was going through about 5 large cartons of double cream a week, not to mention the blocks of cheese :sign0137:)

It was seeing someone from school in Tesco that prompted me to join SW back in November; she had always been slightly bigger than me at school but had slimmed down to a size 8 and looked bloody amazing! I was JEALOUS! Strange how something so minor could have such an impact on your life!

2 days later I went along to class and here I am, 3.5 weeks later and 10lbs lighter!

So that's me and my journey to date! I'm a paid up countdown member so there's no going back now and I will be a size 12 by my holiday to Turkey in June! (I'm a size 14 now but I mentioned about the clothes size thing before - weird!)

Hope you enjoy my inane witterings! I'll try to not make them as long and arduous as this inital post :flirt2:

Last edited:
Ok, so my first proper entry!

I have been angelic for the first 3 weeks on SW... until Friday. I think, subliminally, my body knows that there is no more weigh in until the 7th Jan and as much as I'm trying to treat this week like any other, I'm struggling!

My little boy is in a full leg pot at the moment as he broke his femur at soft play on the 9th Dec so routine and structure have gone out the window. I'm off work and at home, pretty much housebound as he can't fit in his car seat.

I managed to shoe-horn him into his old buggy on Friday so I cold walk round to my friends house to celebrate her son's (and Fin's best friend's) 3rd birthday.

I went with good intentions and had a very low syn day up until that point, but 5 vodkas later, I was onto the Indian snacks! The curry my friend made was yummy and it could have been worse as she had made it from the 'Cook Yourself Thin' book, however there was low fat coconut milk and low fat creme fraiche in it - Syns-a-plenty! Then we got home and I opened some mini Dairy Milks I won at SW class, part of a huge hamper filled with goodies! Oops!

Saturday was a good day, coming in at about 8 syns. Sunday was not so good.

Brekkie was 2 eggs on HEXB toast and 2 syns of spread

Lunch was BritMum's yummy lasagne and chopped salad (about 3 syns)

Tea was 2 boiled eggs and scan bran choc cake (about 3.5 syns)

Fine... but then I just had a un-nerving urge to eat and eat. I got out the cheese twists (also from the SW hamper - talk about sabotage!) and caramelised onion relish, that didn't do the trick so then I got out the mini Daims and ate 10 straight off (1.5 syns each!)

Today I vowed to be good and had HEXB bran flakes for brekkie with HEXA skimmed milk.

Then I had a slice of scan bran choc cake spread thinly with quark/white choc options.

Lunch was left over lasagne, then I couldn't help myself but finish off the scan bran cake.

Tea is 1syn sausages wrapped in lean bacon with mash, carrots and broccoli and a little gravy.

If I can stop there I will come in at about 12 syns. I just hope that I don't get any more urges! Star week is coming up which I think is the problem.

I have plenty of fruit, jelly, muller-light even eggs boiled ready in the fridge to try and help fight off the urge to stuff my face.

So it's Operation Damage Limitation at the moment! I am going to try and get out with the buggy each day which is bloody hard work - a 3 year old in pot tredging through the snow, I only did half an hour today and was knackered! Hopefully that will counteract some of the over-indulgence.

Speak soon!

Last edited:
hello! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate (in more ways than one !) at the moment. Just take each day at a time, this is a tricky time of year to be 100%.
Hope your little boy's leg heals quickly, he must be fed up having to go everywhere in his buggy too.

Good luck over the coming days, I'm sure come New Year you'll be fully in the SW zone and losing that weight before your holiday. I've probably got a similar amount to lose as you to get to target now, I'm sure we can do it:)

Hello Chicky Noops. I'm going to enjoy reading your diary! I started more or less the same time as you and have been fairly saintly. But.. the last couple of days have been a real wobble as I sense the impending treats of Christmas coming up. I'm trying to put off as long as possible the moment when I descend into complete anarchy. In the diet dept I mean!

Thanks girls, I've never done anything like a blog or diary before and it's quite therapeutic!

Sorus - we are v similar size, starting weight and target!

Got the munchies again but I have managed to control them with a banana and bottle of water. Bayside, I think you're definitely right with the one day at a time chant!

Well I managed to stay within syns yesterday; I did get a few hunger pangs at around 9pm but I managed to stave them off with a Raspberry & Cranberry Mullerlight. I'm planning another 100% day today... menu as follows: (I always do EE)

B - 28g porridge (HEXB) made with skimmed milk (1/2 HEXA)

L - Portion of Tesco Cheese & Spinach (3 syns) filled pasta with salad

T - Pasta & Bolognese made with chopped toms, mushrooms, onions, peppers, garlic, mixed herbs and a dash of balsamic.

S - Banana, S/F Jelly (1/2 syn), Coffee (using 1/2 HEXA)

Total - 3.5 Syns - too few I know, I may have a Curly Wurly later which will take it to 9.5 and I'll be happy with that given I'm on Damage Limitation!

I really should get out with the buggy but I've got a cold and yesterday Fin's nose and hands were bright red (he won't wear gloves!) and took ages to warm up once we'd got back. The fresh air did us both good but it would be so easy to sit here playing cars and jigsaws with Fireman Sam on in the background! Excuses, excuses, I know!

Happy Christmas Eve Eve Eve everyone! Will check in later for a proper catch up - Fin is shouting me (again!)

Ok, so Xmas is pretty much done now and I'm back 100% I'd like to say I didn't over-indulge too vastly over the past few days, but I'd be lying so I'm drawing a line under it and hope to pull back any damage before next WI on the 7th Jan.

I have had a fab few days; various buffets, trips to pub etc. but I am paying for it. Amazing how quickly your body adapts to healthy eating, I've only been doing SW a month, but a few days of eating what I want has left me bloated, sluggish and lethargic! I look about 5 months pregnant, even DH noticed!

So, as I feel constantly full atm, I'm having a very 'light' day to get me back into the swing of things (I don't normally do green but I needed the extra HE today more than the meat!):

GREEN DAY

B - Large bowl of porridge made with skimmed milk, cup of tea (2 HEXB, 1 HEXA)

L - BNS, sweet potato and carrot soup, 2 glasses of water, slice of scan bran choc cake (2.5 syns)

S - cup of tea x 2 (1/2 HEXA)

T - Another bowl of soup

Total 2.5 syns

DH is out so I won't be cooking anymore today and I figure lots of vegetable soup (and scan bran cake which I may have another slice of later this evening) should give me a bit of a boost to get started again.

I really need to address exercise in the new year, but I'm sticking my head in the sand about that issue at the moment. I've had a few trips out with the buggy but nothing regular enough.

I'm also going to seriously up the water and cut down on the diet coke, I won't have any fizzy stuff until this awful bloatedness disappears!

I know what you mean about being bloated and sluggish! I am glad to being back to healthy eating again though will be having a couple of days off plan this week! Hope the rest of your week goes well for you hun xx

Here's my menu today - very uninspiring but I'm fed up of food following over-indulging at Xmas. Will get cooking properly next week.

B - handful grapes

L - Tuna, pasta, sweetcorn with 1 tbsp Hellmans Extra Light Mayo (1/2 Syn), Choc Orange Hi Fi Bar (HEXB)

T - Jacket potato, v.l.f. cottage cheese with chives, Quorn lamb style grill

S - cups of tea / coffee with milk (HEXA) Sugar-free jelly (0.5 Syns)

So if I don't eat anything else, I should finish the day on 1 syn. A bit low really but if I get peckish later, I might have a Curly Wurly for 6 syns. I'm not going to eat it just for the sake of it though!

My little boy is able to go in his car seat now which means I've been able to drop him off at his Aunty's for a few hours. I've not really done anything productive with my time, a bit of washing and ironing, time on the Internet and will pop to the library when it opens at 5pm. It's been good to have a couple of hours to myself though.

I was going to have NYE 'off' but I set myself a challenge to plan a yummy SW friendly 3 course meal. Total 16.5 SYNS (including a couple of alcoholic drinks!)

Here's my NYE menu:

Starter - Thai chicken cakes with shredded spring onion and sweet chilli sauce & lime wedges (1.5 SYNS)

Main - Herby salmon & cous cous parcels with roasted sweet potato, squash and garlic mash, sugar snap peas (total 5 SYNS (for oil in mash and sun dried tomatoes in salmon dish)

Pud - Chocolate souffle from this month's mag (2.5 SYNS)

So 9 SYNS in total, will probably have a glass of wine for 5 syns and maybe a g&t for 2.5 so not bad, a NYE meal for 16.5 syns!

I will make sure I eat free food for the rest of the day, if I don't use my HEXB for brekkie / lunch, I will use it for the oil in the mash, bringing my Syn total down even more!

Can't wait now!

looks like a very yummy NYE menu there!!!

keep up the good work xxx

Well the souffles are prepped, as are the chicken cakes so I'm just having a sit down now. My son is in bed; he's had a friend round to play this morning and they have worn me out. His leg is very itchy under his pot and is driving him (and me, indirectly) mad!

Arrgh, and I am pee'd off that my house is always so messy! It seems worse since I've been off work with Fin but I'm fed up of picking stuff up and putting it away! I suppose that's 3 year olds for you but I have decided tomorrow the Xmas decs are coming down and I'm having a new year's clean-athon! DH will be at home to look after Fin.

I'm back at work on Monday and DH is taking over the reins at home. Less than 3 weeks now 'til 'The Pot' comes off and we can return to some normality. I'm looking forward to returning to work and getting some routine and structure back; it should help with my eating as well, which has been good this week actually but will be better once I'm busy at work.

Another week to go until post-Xmas WI; in some ways I think I should have been weighed over Xmas and faced the damage but mostly I'm glad as come next Thursday, any Christmas gain should have been dealt with and who knows, I may have even lost something, fingers crossed!

Ooh, today I have discovered Alpen Light Choc & Fudge - can't believe you can have 2 has a HEXB! Equally as nice as Hi-Fi bars so I think I'll stick to these from now on. Got the Choc & Orange ones to try too.

Well I suppose I'd best get on and roast the veg for the mash. I could do with a glass of wine tbh, but I will save it for my tea.

Happy New Year everyone!

My NYE souffles were awful - they tasted like weak hot choc flavoured jelly! I followed the recipe to the book so I don't know what went wrong! Oh well. The chicken cakes were yummy yummy and I made loads so have frozen some and will have with wedges and salad at some point.

I think I've been about 70/30 good over the past week. We went out for an impromptu meal on NYD to a place called Damon's, which if anyone's heard of it, you'll know it would be a sin to go there and not have ribs! It could've been a lot worse, I didn't have my usual Strawberry Daiquiri and we didn't have a starter.

The rest of the weekend has been pretty much ok although the in-laws returned from a 2 week cruise and put on a buffet on Sunday - think of the food from the Iceland adverts and that's what I was up against yesterday! I had quite a few chicken bites with some salad and avoided the sausage rolls and coleslaw but I did have a small piece of toffee cheesecake. Impossible to syn them as I haven't got a clue what half of the stuff was! It was nice to see them though, it's the first time they've been away for a fortnight (they go on about 5 cruises a year but normally for a week) They dote on my little boy and he really missed them over Xmas.

Speaking of my little monster, his itchy pot leg is still driving him mad. 2 weeks tomorrow until the big day (pot off!) and it can't come quick enough! I've gone back to work today and DH has been at home; I notice that when I'm at home I do washing, cleaning etc. as well as entertaining Fin but DH hasn't got the hang of multi-tasking it would appear!

So, yes back at work and I've had a good day food-wise.

B - Banana chopped into a B&C Mullerlight

S - Choc and Fudge Alpen Light (1/2 HEXB)

L - 2 packs of Tesco Chicken Sushi (I was hungry!) 2 SYNS, Costa skinny latte (HEXA)

S - Another Alpen Light (1/2 HEXB) Grapes

T - Pasta with low fat creme fraiche (4 SYNS approx.) bacon, courgettes and garlic served with a big salad

S - Curly Wurly (6 SYNS) & coffee

Total - 12 SYNS

I love the Tesco Chicken Sushi - well worth 1 SYN! Although you don't get a lot for £2, hence why I went and bought another one!

Itching to get back to WI on Thurs. I don't have scales at home so not a clue how I'm doing in terms of pulling back any Xmas gains.

In other news, my Mum and Sis are coming to SW next week; my Mum only has about a stone or so to lose and my sister weighs about the same as me so hopefully a little inter-family competition will up the ante a bit and spur me on for my first stone award which I'd like before the end of Jan, please!

My NYE souffles were awful - they tasted like weak hot choc flavoured jelly! I followed the recipe to the book so I don't know what went wrong!

souffles are hard to get right at the best of times! let alone try aznd make them healty too!!

sounds like you have had a busy time!

bet ya glad to be at work for some peace

take care

xx

Ok, so I had my first post Xmas WI and I put on a lb. If you had told me when I started back at the end of Nov that I would have got through Xmas and start Jan 9lb lighter, I would have been utterly thrilled and I know it's only a pound but it's so dis-heartening seeing the numbers rise and I have to amend my details here too. I thought I had pulled it back enough, but clearly not. It has spurred me on though and I'd like a good loss next week to get me back on track.

I've just had a yummy omelette for lunch; I am going to really make an effort with the 1/3 plate sf food rule so I bulked my omelette out. 4 eggs (I was hungry!), 21g feta (1/2 HEXA), handful cherry toms, sliced red onion and a grated carrot! I am quite full now which is good as I don't have a lot of syns left for snacks. DS and I made gingerbread biscuits this am (should have been men but the dough was too sloppy so we ended up putting splodges onto the baking tray and hoping for the best!) I had one and I was thinking it would cost me about 5 syns..... Actual Syn count 10.5!

It might be less as I checked on-line and that's the value for a standard gingerbread man but I can't check ours as the kit has no nutritional info so I'll stick with that figure. I won't be having anymore though, and it wasn't even that nice!

I'm cooking the Jambalaya from the mag tonight - really looking forward to it!

Back