• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

chilli con carne

1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1-2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp ground cumin
511g extra lean minced beef
400g tin chopped tomatoes
4 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
salt and pepper
400g can kidney beans in chilli sauce

1. Fry onion, garlic, spices and mince for 5-6 mins

2. add tomatoes, carrots and celery and season. Bring to the boil and then simmer 15-20 mins stirring often until the beef is cooked and veg is tender

3. Add the kidney beans to the chilli and cook for a further 2 mins

Free on extra easy

Its gorgeous too! Would never have thought to add cinnamon to chilli but it really works!! I added baked beans instead of kidney and grated some mushrooms into it to add a bit of extra super free :) xx

Lozz

Ready For Change!
Thanks for the recipe... I didnt have much in the fridge apart from onions carrotts celery and mushrooms.... so that worked out lovely... i only had lean turkey breast mince but im sure it'll be ok, i have used turkey in a chilli before! looking for to tea tonight it smells wonderful!

Its gorgeous too! Would never have thought to add cinnamon to chilli but it really works!! I added baked beans instead of kidney and grated some mushrooms into it to add a bit of extra super free :) xx
Made this the other day and it was lovely. I was surprised by the cinnamon and have been using in other savoury dishes since.

This is my all time fav slim world meal, I have this without fail every week but I add a chopped fresh green chilli at the mince frying stage for a good kick with a big handful of mushrooms !!

I love sw chilli! Hubby made a pot of it for tea last night, he didn't fancy it and he ended up having pizza. I was happy as I had a portion for tea and now got some for lunch with a jacket potato! Nomnomnom!!

I often do this when I make chilli too, the sauce from the beans really makes the chilli a bit richer.
I always use the Heinz 5 Beans - they're a mixture of haricot (baked beans), pinto, canellini, bolotti and red kidney beans in the tomatoey sauce stuff. They help make a great chilli, and nice and rich too! Yummy - I know what I'm having for tea tonight :drool:

Mmmm making this tonight as fancing a nice chili con carne. I did a chili chicken dinner earlier in week but added too much chilli powder and was bitter. So hoping for a nice classic chili con carne. Hopefully I haven't lost the knack.

Looks gorgeous! I will be trying that!