chilli con carne

michedea41

Hi,

Did anyone buy October's issue of Slimming world magazine. If they did could you possibly tell me the recipe for Chilli con carne that was in the little recipe book. I made some and froze it and now I seem have misplaced it. I don't know wot syns it is.

cheers.

1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1-2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp ground cumin
511g extra lean minced beef
400g tin chopped tomatoes
4 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
salt and pepper
400g can kidney beans in chilli sauce

1. Fry onion, garlic, spices and mince for 5-6 mins

2. add tomatoes, carrots and celery and season. Bring to the boil and then simmer 15-20 mins stirring often until the beef is cooked and veg is tender

3. Add the kidney beans to the chilli and cook for a further 2 mins

Free on extra easy

Its gorgeous too! Would never have thought to add cinnamon to chilli but it really works!! I added baked beans instead of kidney and grated some mushrooms into it to add a bit of extra super free :) xx

Thanks for the recipe... I didnt have much in the fridge apart from onions carrotts celery and mushrooms.... so that worked out lovely... i only had lean turkey breast mince but im sure it'll be ok, i have used turkey in a chilli before! looking for to tea tonight it smells wonderful!

Sounds lovely will definately try this

Its gorgeous too! Would never have thought to add cinnamon to chilli but it really works!! I added baked beans instead of kidney and grated some mushrooms into it to add a bit of extra super free :) xx

Made this the other day and it was lovely. I was surprised by the cinnamon and have been using in other savoury dishes since.

This is my all time fav slim world meal, I have this without fail every week but I add a chopped fresh green chilli at the mince frying stage for a good kick with a big handful of mushrooms !!

I love sw chilli! Hubby made a pot of it for tea last night, he didn't fancy it and he ended up having pizza. I was happy as I had a portion for tea and now got some for lunch with a jacket potato! Nomnomnom!!

I often do this when I make chilli too, the sauce from the beans really makes the chilli a bit richer.

I always use the Heinz 5 Beans - they're a mixture of haricot (baked beans), pinto, canellini, bolotti and red kidney beans in the tomatoey sauce stuff. They help make a great chilli, and nice and rich too! Yummy - I know what I'm having for tea tonight :drool:

:wow: This sounds delish, will defo be trying it out soon :)

Mmmm making this tonight as fancing a nice chili con carne. I did a chili chicken dinner earlier in week but added too much chilli powder and was bitter. So hoping for a nice classic chili con carne. Hopefully I haven't lost the knack.

Looks gorgeous! I will be trying that!

Back