• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Chilli con Carne

My wife is doing the Motivation weight management clinic thingy any questions ask here!

I LOVE THIS!
This is one of their recipes;
Makes 4 portions, 210 calories per portion
Prep 15mins
cook time 15mins

1 large onion
1 med green pepper
300g/11oz extra lean mince beef (raw weight)
400g can chopped tomatoes
10ml/2 level teaspoons chilli powder (I put more in)
30ml /2 level tavlespoons tomatoe puree

1 chop the onion, de-seed and dice the pepper
2 dry fry the mince drain and discard juices
3 add onion pepper to beefcook then add the remaining ingredients mix well and cook on low heat for 15 mins

have half a cup of cooked rice with each portion

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Sounds delicious roy - and at only 210 calories per portion, can have it without any guilt at all! Have made a note of the recipe, thanks!

Bea

Back on the wagon!
Thanks - will definately try this one!

Pink!

Silver Member
Oo nifty, I usually use sause out of a jar which is full of salt and stuff, I'd defo gona try this. It'd be amazing on jacket potato.

I prefer mine with a jacket potato because for the same amount of cals i can have a decent size spud as opposed to half a cup of rice.
I love kidney beans in mine but that pushes the cals up a bit. I dont put tinned toms in it either. I dont like my chilli too tomatoey.
100g mince, 1 onion, half cup chopped green pepper, chilli flakes, 1 oxo cube , 1 tbsp tom puree and a dash of water. 190 cals.

im sounding thick as i even think this never mind ask it but here goes,,,,,,,,,, so if i exactly double amounts to feed 8 it would be the same calories?

No, if you double the amounts it will feed 2 people with the same amount of kcals each. You can multiply the amounts by 8 and then as long as you make 8 portions the kcals will be the same for each person.