Chinese Curry (take away style)

Oh I have to make this today, have standard paprika has anybody tried just that?

I only had the smoked paprika and it worked fine xx

I made it! Was yummy with some left over SW speedy chicken + veg rice. Added some SW chips and poured it over them. Was like eating take out without the guilt and OH LOVED it!
Thanks for the recipe!

So glad u liked it! I haven't had it in a while must try it your way looks scrumptious :D

misskiki said:
hey :) so my mam made this curry and it tastes exactly like mac donalds chip shop curry (the one you buy in the packet).

Chicken dopiaza

Ingrediants: (serves 4)
4 large onions
4 garlic cloves
4 skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets
A handful of fresh corriander (think she used the dried stuff)
Fry Light
2 tbsp medium curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp cumin
salt and freshly ground black pepper
397ml chicken stock
400g chopped tomatoes
very low fat natural yogurt to serve.

Method:
1. Peel and finely chop the onions. Peel and crush the garlic. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. reserving 4sprigs of coriander for garnish, finely chop the remaining coriander.

2.Spray a large non-stick frying pan with fry light. Cook the spices over a low heat for about 30 seconds. Add the onions and spices for 3-4mins. Next, add the garlic and chicken to the pan, and season well.

3.Add the stock and chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a medium-low and cook for 30mins, or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Serve the dopiaza garnished with a sprig of coriander and a bowl of very low-fat natural yogurt topped with chopped coriander.

She got this from a slimming world magazine :)

Sounds fab

Back