Chinese FOOD, can you help?

weewelshlass

WW say that mushroom chow mein is 6 pp. Is that for half or the whole carton as this is most certainly not a lot for chinese, plus how can i have a ww meal (for example hotpot) 6 ppoints that only fills a gap and a whole chow mein same points and fills me up for the night. Seems strange to me. So i just need to know is it for the lot!! Thank you:flirt2:

Well I'm assuming everything in your chow mein is zero points as it's all vegetables, whereas your hotpot will have potato, thickeners, meat etc. So the 6 pp will be for the stir frying!

Yep its for the portion :)

If you have a look through the threads this has been debated before. Chow mein has noodles in it, so not everything is zero PP. It's supposed to be restaurant portion, which a takeaway portion may be larger than. Also as you point out, how can you have more food than you would in a WW meal for less points? At the end of the day Chinese places don't have the same standard nutrition/sizes as chain places, so WW can only estimate point values. You just have to use your own common sense and judgement.

A lot of the time I think it is also not only to do with the nutritional information but the "fillingness" if im lead to believe thats right. So therefore Chow Mein is higher in fillingness than the WW meal so whilst the WW meal is better for you it wont sustain you as long?

Back