Chi's diet struggle: I want to be slim!! 85lbs to lose to goal.

chi

Talk to me!
Hi all! I'm still quite new to this forum so I didn't notice this diary section before. I do go on rambling away about random stuff so I may bore you to death. Meanwhile please feel free to comment or let me know I'm going off on a tangent. I do think this is a good way to stop me from reaching for the biscuit tin though because that's exactly what I want to do right this minute. I'm really hungry and I've just had a really terrible, naughty chocolate binge and I feel tormented with guilt right now I don't know whether to confess my sins to my bf and bface. (I'll explain later).

Well, about me, I'm aiming to become a slender size 12. I'm currently a wobbley 16 which makes me stick out like a sore thumb in the office I work at which is full of thin, high-heeled, skinny jean and blazer wearing continental Europeans. I'm quite frumpy looking and not fashionable at all (e.g. I use a rucksack as opposed to a handbag when I come to work) even though I'm still young. I'm also shy and very self-conscious. I don't get invited to the after work drinks organised by the other young thin people. But they are cowbags anyway. My friends at work are older and have taken me under their wing but they are very thin too. One in particular is always on at me whenever I eat junk, telling me off. She's so blunt and foreign but she means well for my health. In her culture health is VERY important and fat people virtually non-existent. She's supportive of me going on a diet but when I tell her I'm not lighter since the day before she gives me evil stares. Like today, so today I hate her. So I call her bface (b!tchface). Its a love-hate friendship, like an annoying older sister. Another woman is tiny but always going on like she needs to lose weight (she is 9 stone) and is so fat. I shut her up when I gave her my stats though and she's the same height as me so couldn't use that card. There is another friend who is a little bit bigger but she doesn't agree to this ketogenic diet at all, she thinks its bad for my health so we don't talk about it much.

Well I've been on this Slim&Save diet 3 weeks today and so far I've managed to lose 16 pounds. That sounds quite good but most of this loss was in week 1 (11lbs). Week 2 I lost 3lbs then today I only lost 2lbs. I've had naughty little insy winsy bits here and there and its obviously my biggest enemy. I really struggle when people are sat in front of me eating a greasy deep pan pepperoni passion pizza in front of me.... It makes me want a bite, the smell is titillating and I'm salivating at the prospect of a tiny small bite so I think, what can a little teeny bite do? Well lots obviously, its c0ck blocking my weight loss!! I 100% blame my bf for that one. The other day we went to the cinema and he was sat next to me munching on a giant bag full of popcorn. I couldn't resist, I ate about 15 ickle pieces. With one swig of apple juice. It was 2 days ago and I'm still racked with guilt!!! And today, I felt so bad about my bad week I just binged on some shell shaped Belgian chocolate. I polished the box justifying it by saying if I eat them all now I won't be tempted later! What logic comes in to my mind when I'm craving chocolate? Absolute rubbish. OMG I feel so BAAAD!!!! I wish I could control this horrid emotional eating problem I so obviously have. I feel even worse after reading Katja's inspirational weight loss testimony on the S&S website today. How do I control myself please?

I quit smoking cold turkey nearly 2 years ago. After I quit every so often I would have a dream where I was having a ciggie and be totally ashamed of myself for giving in after doing so well but then I'd wake up and realise I was just having a nightmare.

Now I have a similar dream but this time I'm not smoking, I'm eating carbohydrates and feeling ashamed of myself then I wake up and realise it was just a nightmare. But I'm living my nightmare this week!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Well I just have to get on with it really and stop whingeing, I know... its just hard sometimes!

x

I need to stop weighing myself obsessively. I weigh myself every morning then again before I go to bed. Does anyone else do this?

I was the same when I started could be on there six or more times a day. I've stopped now, only on weigh in day

Hang in there!! Xx

Hi RebekahR and thank you very much, I will. :D

Well today I have been good, no extra curricular snacking. However I do think my brain is starting to lose the plot a bit.

Question: When we starve out bodies of glucose in order to force our bodies to use up the stored fat for energy, how are our brains being fuelled? I can't imagine my fat is fuelling my brain.

I can't seem to multitask at work anymore because I can't think straight. I don't feel tired but the opposite, totally wired! Like I'm on amphetamines or something, it's strange. I'm also usually quite conservative with my money but today I impulse bought a 50" full HD plasma TV on amazon at some expense. It was very out of character and the guilt is only starting to creep in now despite having bought it 12 hours ago. In fact I kinda forgot and only just remembered. This isn't normal is it? Memory loss? Is anyone else had any experience that can relate to this? Maybe I'm just compensating food for shopping.

Question: How much exercise should I be doing? And what in your opinion is a good amount? What exercise do you do?

Since I started the diet I have not been back to the gym because my energy levels have been low and have been worried I might starve too much and not be able to sleep. But I have started with some light dumbell exercises at home to avoid saggy bingo wing skin. I also walk 2-3 miles a day on a week day. I know I should be doing more but I don't know what to do. Does anyone do Wii related exercise? I have bulky muscles so I don't want to do anything to make them even bigger!

Question: Sorry in advance. Is anyone constipated? What do you do/take?

This is stressing me out a bit, I didn't go for 4 days! Er...

And finally an observation: My hair is falling out and getting thin on the top of my head. Its not noticeable yet but it will be. Sadly I don't think there is anything I can do to stop this which is a real pain. This happenned to me before when I was grieving and no pill, shampoo, brush or serum helped me grow it back. It was just time that helped. While my hair falls out though I have noticed that astonishingly my nails and skin are amazing!!! I'm really surprised and it has made me think about my old diet and what a load of non nutritious garbage I must have been eating. I'm on the 4 packs and have barely eaten fruit or veg since starting and was worried about my mineral/vitamin intake diminishing but these packs must be really enriched with them. People have been commenting on my nails a lot recently!

Actually today is the first day I was told I looked slimmer out of the blue by someone who was not aware I was on a diet. It felt really good. :)

Hi hun

I'll try and help on some points

I find the brain fog is normally dehydration for me anyway. Feel pretty much normal long as I get down 2-3 litres.

Exercise, you've been on plan a while so do your normal exercise - listen to your body & don't overdo things. I've been back in the gym since day two

Constipation, I find with all the veggies I am never bunged up. If I ever was would use movicol - nasty to drink but works!

Have a good day Xx

I do agree, I need to drink more. I'm drinking about 3 litres at the moment but its blatantly not enough as I'm thirsty!
Wow, you went back to the gym on day 2? Well done! Where do you find the energy? I feel like I'm gonna pass out at the end of the work day, its so difficult to get motivated to go! I think I will go on Saturday though and ease in to it gently. What type of exersise do you do?
I've never heard of movicol, will be sure to look that up, thanks.

Well as I type right now my whole body is burning up and my fat feels super itchy. After my shower tonight I used a new product to moisturise and its really uncomfortable.
Its called "Eveline Slim Extreme 3D Themo Slimming Anti-Cellulite Serum". The feeling is like the "Soap & Glory - Sit Tight" cream but amplified. Really horrible effect but does feel like something is happening. I should have been careful with how much I used but unfortunately I couldn't read the label because it was all in Polish. (eBay haul).
It says:

• Intensely stimulates the process of burning of fatty cells
  • Removes stored lipids and prevents the build-up of new ones
  • Effectively combats stubborn cellulite
  • Slims the silhouette, sculpts and models the waist, buttocks and thighs
  • Warming up effect assures maximum results

When I used the "Sit Tight" cream last year I remember my bum getting used to the burning itching fat sensation after about a week and I would have continued with it if it was reasonably priced. But its not.

Today has been another good day, haven't strayed on any food. Walked a good 3 miles and cleaned my house for 4 hours after work! It actually looks half decent now!

x

Eek that cream sounds scary!!

Well done on the mega cleanup- could you do mine?? LOL I must do mine today!!

As for energy I force myself to go, once I there I get into it, come out feeling full of beans!!

I've been weight training a few years, so I do various lifting, and some cardio - not much in gym as like you I walk loads!

Have a good day hun xxx

Hi RebekahR,

I confess I still have not been to the gym this weekend.

However I've had a bit of a crisis... I've broken up with my bf of the last 2.5 years. I know it was absolutely the correct decision to make, the relationship was not going anywhere and before I knew it I had turned 30.
Still, even though it was me that broke it off I'm devastated. He has been there for me as my best friend for the last 2.5 years and now he's gone completely. I do think my diet is to blame for some part, even if its just 5%. I've been mean when I'm hungry, snapping at him and my total loss of libido would not have helped. I hated him for ordering takeaway pizzas and eating them in front of me while I had just a shake.
I just hope I get over this heartache super quick as historically my emotional turmoils leads me straight to junk food. I am determined not to let this happen this time.

Hugs hun, sorry your having a hard time. Breakups are rough as - be kind to yourself, look after you and what you want. Makes it a bit more bearable

Take it easy hun Xx

Big hugs xx

Back