Chloe's three month challenge!

chloe83

Hello,

I am starting Weight Watchers on Thursday as I have been given a three month subscription courtesy of the NHS and my lovely obesity trainer. It also happens that in three months and two weeks I am attending a family wedding abroad which means swimming costumes, shorts, skirts and trying not to ruin my sisters wedding photos!!

I am not completely new to Weight Watchers but this is the first time I will be attending groups. Which is rather scary really! I am also worried about the weighing in times. When I did WW online, I weighed in first thing in the morning - my meeting is not until 6.15pm on a Thursday so I will have eaten dinner just before attending. I managed to loose two stones on my last weight watchers attempt a year ago. However due to illness I gave up and gradually put a stone of that back on. So at my worst I was 14 stone 2, will find out what I am now on Thursday (According to my Wii 12 stone 12) I really would like to get down to the 10 stone mark eventually but if I could see 11 stone anything during these three months I will be very happy! (I have PCOS so any weight loss is a very slow process!)

So I am intending to keep a food and possibly exercise log on here (if I do anything!), starting Friday, to keep myself focused and accountable. I woulds start today but I cannot remember how many points I used to eat!

So roll on August!

Hi Chloe,

Welcome to the group! We have similar goals in mind. I started 2 days ago and must say its not been bad at all yet, hopefully you will have the same experience.

Good luck

Good luck,

I can't get to a class to join till Tuesday (next week) but I am hopeful I can stick to my pro points by writing everything down x

Well today is start day. My referral pack arrived yesterday with e-source access too which I am happy about! Bit worried about when to fit in dinner today. The meeting is 6.15 so I suppose having to rush something in between getting home from work and getting to the meeting. It will take a 30 min walk to get to the meeting so hopefully that will help make amends! I was always taught never to eat after 6pm - don't know where that rule comes from by I have always stuck to it! (I know it is a myth but it stops me from junk eating while watching TV!)
Been using the WW pedometer which my sister gave me. According to it yesterday I would have gained 4 points of walking and I was just doing a normal day. Not that I am planning on eating those points but is seems a lot.

So in an attempt to be good day - Weetabix and milk, Ham sandwich for lunch, banana and apple for snacks when I get hungry. Dinner - whatever I can cook and eat in 30 mins! Probably pasta and chicken - that is quick. Will figure out the points when I get my handbooks later today.

We'll done Chloe. Yesterday was my start day (although I can't get yo a class till Tuesday)

Hope your day goes well x

Ok so a start today. Joined up at the meeting last night. Was surprised by the number of really really skinny people there! I suppose they must be on maintenance. they seem a nice enough group but I do find it amusing how everyone was sitting around eating WW chocolate bars after the weigh in!

My weight was shockingly high 13 stone 5. Well I suppose I normally use my Wii to weigh myself completely starkers first thing on a Sunday morning, so me in my rain logged jeans, with a days worth of food inside me - still it wasn't exactly motivating!

It is all terribly rushed though - if I hadn't used ww before I would be really stuck! Going to spend Saturday getting my head around it properly again to see how best to spend my 29 points.

So today Breakfast weetabix and milk - I think this is around 4 points as I barely have any milk
Lunch - tuna sandwich (bread 4, 1/2 can tuna 2, small amount margarine 1, salad cream 3 ish (my husband made the sandwich for me while I was at the meeting so no idea how much he used) so around 10 points. (which to be honest really stinks!)
Snacks - Apple, banana which I believe are 0 points
Dinner I have 15 points to play with so I was thinking chicken stir fry may be a good idea (thinking 9 points 100g rice, chicken 4 points - no oil 0 point veg) 13 all in as it will save me my skinny cow lolly for 2 points.

As you can tell I am guestimating the points as I have started well and left my books, calculator and eresource registration code at home! Oh well will plan properly on Saturday.

Ok I really am not good at this! It is Monday already and I have not managed to do an 'on point day' I start off so well and then something unexpected happens and the points get blown.

Still today I am optimistic. It is 2.30pm and I am doing ok (just hungry!) with 15 points left to go. These sandwiches are annoying me points wise. While before I would have my sandwich, chocolate bar, crisps and that was enough to stop me feeling hungry, I am now hungry on just the sandwich and that is 10 points! I know there is so much more you can get for 10 points but without any cooking facilities at work I am at a bit of a loss.

It is strange but I am almost feeling resentful towards food at the moment. I am resenting that they are costing me points and I don't like them enough - or like over the weekend I like the food and then discovered it blew the points! Suppose it just doesn't feel natural right now. I need to find my weeks worth of 29points which I can live with again before it will feel normal.

I found out my husbands allowance last night. It doesn't make sense for men - he will have to eat more food just to reach his points! Pointing up his 'normal' day to day food he is coming in at around 38 points - his pro points daily allowance is 47! The worst thing is I know he will beat me in the weight loss race. He just decides to lose weight and it comes off effortlessly - I am just trying to help him to make that decision right now!

I remember once eating a really lovely chicken mayo sandwich from boots and feeling all healthy, then pointing it and finding out it was 11pp just for the sandwich and being disappointed.

For lunch I have 4 ryvita crackerbreads which are 2pp for the whole lot. On those I have an extra light laughing cow cheese triangle which is 0pp for 1 and 1pp for 2. Then I have 1 slice of ww bread which is 1pp with some 0pp weight watchers dairy spread on it and 1pp worth of marmalade. Then I have 1 pack of french fries or quavers which are 2pp. So that's my entire lunch for about 6pp and it really fills me up.

Ryvita is a big no no for me - I just cannot eat the things! They bring back memories of my mum forcing herself to eat ryvita and cottage cheese and not grimacing!

Last night was a very close call but I managed to come in on points! Not a health success but managed it on points. I managed to destroy dinner - and I mean destroy it was inedible. We had nothing else in and I was hungry so we ended up calling Domino's. Still according to my eating out book my pizza came in bang on 15 points so not so bad!

I am wondering if I am over pointing things. The bread had gone stale this morning so ended up in tesco with my shopping guide choosing a sandwich. I settled on a Just Ham sandwich which is 6 points. I really don't understand it! Like my ham sandwich it is bread, ham and marge yet I am pointing it at 10 (used the calculator to get the points). This is what makes me nervous of doing a pointed diet like WW, I feel safer using pre-packed foods as the nutritional information is there ready to be pointed. When I try to make my own I end up over estimating - for example, I don't know how much marge I use a thin spread that is all - but it is used therefore I point it.

Oh well todays grub is all planned - the cooking is easy so no wobbles!

Breakfast Weetabix and milk - 4
Lunch - Tesco ham sandwich - 6
Snacks Apple 0 Banana 0, Curly Wurly - 3
Dinner - Gammon (6), egg (3), chips (5) and salad (0) = 14
Total = 27 (allowing for ketchup!)

So one day to first weigh in and I actually managed to do a day on points! Still I had been forgetting the extra weekly points so I have been totting up how many points I have actually eaten this week and it should be just in (providing I am very good until tomorrow!) Still for me I have eaten far less than I used too. No chocolate (bar the curly wurly but that does not count - I am talking about a proper large bar of galaxy yum), no crisps, no milk choc chip cookies, no biscuits, no puddings, no mounds of pasta or rice- considering it has been the 'time of the month' as well the lack of sugar eating is even more surprising - especially the chocolate! I sound like I need a medal and it has only been 6 days! I wish I could say I feel better but the constant headache (must be sugar withdrawal) is making me more irritable than I should be! I have decided to lower the point for my sandwich to 8 as I really think I have been over estimating.

Ok so for today:
Lunch - ham sandwich - 8 (I really have to find something better for work!)
Snacks Apple 0 Banana 0
Dinner - I feel like a fry up, grilled bacon medallions (2), baked beans (5), scrambled egg (3) and if the points allow black pudding, a thin sausage, a hash brown (need to get home to look at my points books before I decide properly!)

Chloe it sounds like you are doing really well. I have PCOS too although it was only diagnosed in the last 6 months.

9 points 100g rice,
It should be around 4 pp for 100g cooked brown rice & 6pp for 100g cooked white rice I think?!

I think it must be your weigh in tonight so good luck :) x

Yes those points would have been better to use! I am still getting the hang of it. I have a list now of all the foods I like to eat so hopefully this week will be a bit more controlled!

Anyway had weigh in yesterday lost 3.5 pounds. The woman was confused why I wasn't happy but really I think it was more a)it didn't rain on my walk to the meeting so I was in dry jeans b)Hormones last week. I have maintained my Sunday morning first thing in the morning weigh in to see what I really weigh. Last Sunday I was 13 stone 1 so that will be interesting to see how much the wet jeans effected it!

However I am being hard on myself. I would say my jeans were not as tight as they normally are when I put them on for the first time after being washed! Normally I can barely do up the button until the fabric has restretched but this morning - no problem. I am going to get hubby to measure me this weekend so I can keep a tally of that too. I am feeling the lack of food as well. Last week it took me 15 mins to walk to the meeting in the pouring rain. This week I struggled to do it in 20 min in the sun just because I was so hungry I did not have the energy to walk any faster! Oh well tough I need to get used to being on 29 points aday - it is hardly starvation levels of food!

So the summer WW challenge has begun. I am trying to decide what my target it going to be. I would like to think 1 pound a week for the next 8 weeks is achievable but the group leader says go for 2 pounds! ( I could have done without having to visualize how I have looked in a swim suit in the past erugh!!)

Anyway food! I have realised why the bread was going crazy. hubby has been buying thick sliced bread. Trading it down to medium and I get an extra 2 points! Still need to look into alternatives this weekend.

Anyway as I missed yesterday:
Breakfast – Weetabix and milk = 4
Lunch – Ham sandwich - bread 4, spread 1, salad cream 1, ham 2 = 8
Dinner- Stir fry – Chicken 165g raw – 4, rice (100g raw! I had points going spare!) 10, oil 2, veg (no peas!) 0 = 16
Snacks - Apple, Banana (I resisted the call of the ww bars at the meeting!)
Total 28

Today
Lunch – Ham sandwich - bread 4, spread 1, salad cream 1, ham 2 = 8
Dinner - Home made chicken curry Chicken 165g raw – 4, rice 60g raw 6, oil 2, onions/peppers/garlic 0, curry powder 0 (will check) Canned tomatoes 0, tomato puree 2 (have a lot of this so will check), fat free yogurt to make paste 1= 15
Snacks - Apple and Banana
Total 27

Saturday will be a challenge, my soon to be brother in law is cooking and my sister joked it is not WW friendly!

Well done on your loss!

I'm going for 8lbs to lose over the next 8 weeks in the summer challenge. I would LOVE 2lb a week loss but if it doesn't happen i'll end up feeling awful, but i know I can do 1lb a week :)

I'm going for 8lbs to lose over the next 8 weeks in the summer challenge. I would LOVE 2lb a week loss but if it doesn't happen i'll end up feeling awful, but i know I can do 1lb a week :)

I think I will too the group leader may say 1lb a weeks means you are not doing it properly but I prefer realism!

Does everyone get so ill during the first few weeks of a new diet? I feel awful splitting headaches for the first week, now I have a monster cold for the second.

Saturday's wasn't as bad I was was worried about! It was my husband who blew it when we heard dinner was going to be delayed for a few hours. He went to Greggs and just happened to get me a steak bake too. Oh well weeklies time!
Breakfast - Weetabix and milk - 4
Lunch Greggs steak bake - 11
Dinner - Pork 6 ish, veg 0, roast potato 2, yorkshire pudding 1, stuffing ball 1, pig in blanket 2?, gravy 1, apple crumble pudding 6, icecream 2 - 21
Total - 29 + 7 weeklies

Sunday
Lunch - WW ready meal - 7 (so not worth it)
Dinner - Gammon 6, egg 2, black pudding 4, salad 0. =
Snacks - curly wurly x 2 - 6 (I had a cold and was miserable)
Total 29

Have to start behaving properly again from today onwards. The next family meal is my birthday and I have a month until then so no excuses!

I think I will too the group leader may say 1lb a weeks means you are not doing it properly but I prefer realism!

Does everyone get so ill during the first few weeks of a new diet? I feel awful splitting headaches for the first week, now I have a monster cold for the second.

Saturday's wasn't as bad I was was worried about! It was my husband who blew it when we heard dinner was going to be delayed for a few hours. He went to Greggs and just happened to get me a steak bake too. Oh well weeklies time!
Lunch Greggs steak bake - 11
Dinner - Pork 6 ish, veg 0, roast potato 2, yorkshire pudding 1, stuffing ball 1, pig in blanket 2?, gravy 1, apple crumble pudding 6, icecream 2 - 21
Total - 29 + 7 weeklies

Sunday
Lunch - WW ready meal - 7 (so not worth it)
Dinner - Gammon 6, egg 2, black pudding 4, salad 0. =
Snacks - curly wurly x 2 - 6 (I had a cold and was miserable)
Total 29

Have to start behaving properly again from today onwards. The next family meal is my birthday and I have a month until then so no excuses!

I agree that 1lb a week is realism, anything else is a bonus! I'm interested, if you had your weekend again, would you have the Greggs Steak Bake at 11pp or the WW Ready Meal at 7pp?!? X

I agree that 1lb a week is realism, anything else is a bonus! I'm interested, if you had your weekend again, would you have the Greggs Steak Bake at 11pp or the WW Ready Meal at 7pp?!? X

Hmm still no -nothing would make me eat that WW ready meal again! The steak bake was a mistake though should have gone for soup.

I got home from work to find a letter from the WW leader congratulating me on my first week loss. It is a shame that the meetings are so busy it is difficult to actually get to see the group leader - still her helpers seem nice enough.

Still full of cold so a no effort day yesterday. Was on points though. Felt just a little bit stupid standing in Tesco with my WW shopping book - but still it showed that I could have a normal ready meal curry and still be on points. (Ok normally a curry night would included onion bhaji and chicken tikka samosa for starter, the curry with tonnes of rice plus 1/2 a naan bread)

Monday:
Lunch - Tesco just ham sandwich - 6
Snacks Apple 0 Banana 0
Dinner - Tesco Chicken Dopiaza curry - 11, 60g (raw) rice, 6 = 17, 50g Cart D'or light ice cream - 2 points (seriously good! even my husband enjoyed it and he normally hates anything with 'light' in the title! I think I would rather have 2 points worth of this than 3 points of curly wurly it is so much nicer!)
Total = 29

I hate this stage of being in a diet though. The constant hunger has gone and now you just feel like normal so it feels like you are not 'trying' any more. Getting more nervous about Thursday!

Hmm still no -nothing would make me eat that WW ready meal again! The steak bake was a mistake though should have gone for soup.

I got home from work to find a letter from the WW leader congratulating me on my first week loss. It is a shame that the meetings are so busy it is difficult to actually get to see the group leader - still her helpers seem nice enough.

Still full of cold so a no effort day yesterday. Was on points though. Felt just a little bit stupid standing in Tesco with my WW shopping book - but still it showed that I could have a normal ready meal curry and still be on points. (Ok normally a curry night would included onion bhaji and chicken tikka samosa for starter, the curry with tonnes of rice plus 1/2 a naan bread)

Monday:
Lunch - Tesco just ham sandwich - 6
Snacks Apple 0 Banana 0
Dinner - Tesco Chicken Dopiaza curry - 11, 60g (raw) rice, 6 = 17, 50g Cart D'or light ice cream - 2 points (seriously good! even my husband enjoyed it and he normally hates anything with 'light' in the title! I think I would rather have 2 points worth of this than 3 points of curly wurly it is so much nicer!)
Total = 29

I hate this stage of being in a diet though. The constant hunger has gone and now you just feel like normal so it feels like you are not 'trying' any more. Getting more nervous about Thursday!

Your menu sounds fab sweetie, that's the beauty of WW that you can buy something off the shelf or you can make something from scratch, suits everyone's needs! X PS-Keeping everything crossed for Thursday, I won't be far behind you as WI on Friday Morning! X

Ok another lesson learned. Keep points calculator with you at all times and not on your desk at work where it is no help whatsoever. I was so lost last night trying to guess the points. So on pointing it this morning I can see my mistakes!

Lunch – Ham sandwich - bread 4, spread 1, ham 2 = 7
Dinner - BBQ chicken -7 (I really overestimated this bit of dinner!) 100g (frozen) chips - 4 (again over estimated) beans - 3, salad 0 = 14
Snacks - Banana 0, Apple 0
Total - 24 points

To think I was convinced I could not have any pudding! (no wonder I was hungry last night!)

So my job for the weekend go and point everything in the kitchen so I know what a portion is for when I forget my calculator again!

Last edited:
Ok another lesson learned. Keep points calculator with you at all times and not on your desk at work where it is no help whatsoever. I was so lost last night trying to guess the points. So on pointing it this morning I can see my mistakes!

Breakfast - Weetabix and milk = 4
Lunch - Ham sandwich - bread 4, spread 1, ham 2 = 7
Dinner - BBQ chicken -7 (I really overestimated this bit of dinner!) 100g (frozen) chips - 4 (again over estimated) beans - 3, salad 0 = 14
Snacks - Banana 0, Apple 0
Total - 24 points

To think I was convinced I could not have any pudding! (no wonder I was hungry last night!)

So my job for the weekend go and point everything in the kitchen so I know what a portion is for when I forget my calculator again!

As a rule of thumb Sweetie if you don't have your Calculator to hand but do have the Packaging, 40Cals equates to roughly 1PP, not an exact science but worth remembering in an emergency. PS-Least you were under your PP rather than way over. X

As a rule of thumb Sweetie if you don't have your Calculator to hand but do have the Packaging, 40Cals equates to roughly 1PP, not an exact science but worth remembering in an emergency. PS-Least you were under your PP rather than way over. X

I will remember that thanks. Found out yesterday that the shopping guide is not 100% accurate. As my meeting is late in the afternoon today I grabbed a ready meal to eat afterwards. In the book it says 11 points using calculator it came to 13 points. Turns out they have 'improved' the recipe. Anyway all in points. Just realised that I have not touched any chocolate since Sunday! (no really this is quite a impressive feat for me!)

Wednesday:
Lunch Ham sandwich - bread 4, spread 1, ham 2 = 7
Snacks - Apple 0, Banana 0
Dinner - Mint Lamb shank 9, chips 4, salad 0 = 13, icecream = 2
Total - 26 (plus some tomato ketchup!)

Back