Chocaholics diary - The return of the (fatter) chocaholic.

Chocaholic39

Right. I have to get serious and do this.
I have done 6 weeks and lost nearly 2 stone. For the last week I have been sneaking in food - the odd biscuit, some quorn and today brazil nuts (cos they are protien !!!!). I just seem to be slipping and can't get back on track. I want to loose another 7.5lbs before my holiday. I thought starting this diary might encourage me to stick to exante.
I wonder if I am sabotaging myself as I am now the slimmest I have been for 5 years and can now get into my size 14 clothes.
If I can just loose a few pounds before my hols I've got some lovely summer clothes I can wear on holiday.
The plan is to stick to TS and write in this diary every evening as away of motivating myself to stick with it.

Last edited:
Well done on the 14s

xx

You're doing really well, writing it down can make it so you're accountable to yourself for what is going in your mouth. It's a new day, 20 days TS is completely doable, you know that and you know you can do it. Good luck for that final push for your holidays. Be kind to yourself, you deserve to fit in your clothes because you've worked hard to lose that weight.

Day 1.

Thanks toots.

Smallerme you are absolutely right I just need to continue for a few weeks and the benefits will be worth it.

Today I threw all food out of the house so if I am tempted I physically have to go to the shops. Its the only way I can do this. I then did a 20 miles cycle ride to burn off some of those carbs I've been eating. I'm still not in K and feeling quite hungry and tired. This is pretty unusual for me as I am a regular exerciser.

Managed to stick to it 100% but so hard!! Early night tonight as I'm so tired.

Hi chocaholic,
I found starting the diary has really helped me, as I'd started adding in bits & pieces and sabotaging my diet - like you, I'd got to a new 'low weight' and was struggling in my head with that whole concept.
This is a good place to work through what's going on, and get it out there without putting food in your mouth!

Well done on getting back for your first day 100%, and good luck for tomorrow :)

Thanks Rachel I read your diary and it has really helped me to think about my motivation for losing weight. I really want to be healthy.

I have often lurked and found reading other peoples posts kept me motivated. Since starting this diary I have realised that it is important to be active in the forum as the posts and comments other people have put in my diary have really helped, - no more lurking for me!! and a big thank you to everyone.

Today was such a struggle I was really hungry all day. I checked and was not in K this am. Feel better this evening and went to body pump so hopefully K is on its way.:D
I managed to stick to it 100%. I really fancy some coke zero but don't want to go to the supermarket as I think looking at food is too tempting at the moment. I brought a can at the shop at work at lunch time and it was 80p - rip off. I suppose I can't really put a price on being slim and healthy, so will do the same tommorow.
I'm feeling much more positive and back on track - another 100% day tommorow on its way.

Keep going ......you are going to look fab on your hols xx I am only on Day 1 today,but reading all the posts today has kept me going.......I have done a "mood board" to focus on as well .......torn out pictures and words from magazines etc ......pictures of how I want to look, clothes I want to wear ,inspiring words,things I will be able to do when I am fitter and healthier.........you have a holiday to aim for, and I am sure you can see yourself in those fab new outfits.....go for it!!

Day 3 and still hungry.

I managed to stick to it again today. Just having a hot bannana shake. I went to the gym as well but feel dissapointed I don't have the energy I used to. I miss being able to run but I think I'll just have to take things slowly untill I come off exante.

You've definitely done the right thing by listening to your body

xx

Day four.

According to the sticks this morning I am in ketosis. I still feel a bit hungry but definately better than yesterday. I was at work till late then stuck in nightmare traffic on the way home. When I got home it was late and I was starving and nearly had a second bar but managed to talk myself out of it.

Today was weigh in day and I lost a pound. I was really chuffed as I have not been a good girl recently.

I think you are doing really well, especially with fitting in exercise as well :)

Day 5

Thanks mygoodnessme I think in a lot of ways its easier for me as I live alone. When I started this diet I made a decision not to go out with friends or put myself in situations where I would be tempted as its only 10 weeks of my life. I wonder how I'll get on when I get back to normal life? I'm an all or nothing person so this is the best way for me.

Today I have been to the gym but am really pathetic when I am there, abit of light cycling and rowing. I was 100% today. 1/4 of the way through my goal. Still a bit hungry at times but I hope this improves.

apologies for the moaning.

Day 6.

I feel pants today. Freezing cold and still a bit hungry although I'm definately in K. I also feel very tired and have a funny tummy. This happened last time up to about day 10. I must remember this feeling for next time I'm tempted to come off exante. I must also stop being such a misery. looking back at my diary I have done lots of moaning. It doesn't help.

I have been reading lots of positive posts on all the meal replacement forums about peoples goals and that has helped to motivate me. Positive mental attitude from now on.

Thanks for the lovely posts. Now confession time. I had a binge last night big style lots of carbs.:break_diet:

I think the reason was lots of things happened yesterday that are emotional triggers for me. I watched a programme about low fat diets on catch up TV in the morning and that set me off wanting to eat. Then something upset me. That always makes me want to comfort eat. I went to tesco and managed to stay strong . I wanted some biggest loser bars and they didn't have them so Idecided that ultra slim bars would be OK. I wonder if they have sugar in them cos that started it off - I ate all three. Then ate the frozen veg and potatoes out of the freezer with some oatcakes.

I am so angry with myself, some people have managed this for months and I've only got a few weeks left to do.

The plan is to get straight back on it today. I've been to the gym. I am also thinking about buying some frozen quorn (I'm veggie) and keeping it in the freezer just in case. Does anyone else do this and does it help? Advice please.

Hope everyone else has had a more successful day than me. Off to read some posts.;)

Please dont compare yourself to others, there are not many around that have been 100% for weeks on end, without a blip of some sort.

Just get back on it today, you wont have done that much damage believe me, but a few days of this and you will have xx

Your human, and I'm sure at some point through the diet most ppl have done this. Draw a line under it and move on, your doing great x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:hug99: You're human, you had a blip - please don't beat yourself up

In the past I have had a couple of quorn sausages which I microwave straight from the freezer and only 60 cals each. Don't know if you're meant to have them but they never did me any harm in the past. I haven't had them this time but they are on standby in the freezer just in case

xxx

Hope your day has gone better and you've stopped beating yourself up. New week starts tomorrow!

Back