Choco shake

wkdstepmum

Silver Member
So I finally pull myself together and talk myself into trying the chocolate shake again and colleague said to us in lunchroom, 'God, what the hell is that smell? It stinks like really bad breath'...then she walked over to my cup and pointed at it...The shame!!!! :eek:

Oh how mean! I keep mine in the fridge at work so it is cold and doesn't really smell at all, but you could try adding some mint flavouring to it to make it choc-mint, and no-one should ever really have a problem with the smell of mint.

I feel like it stinks as well, I end up smelling it for aaaaages afterwards out of my cup and in the kitchen and anywhere I've been drinking it! Wonder if there genuinely is anything I could put in it to make it smell/taste nicer? Not sure what mint flavouring is, is it calorific?

I must have a warped sense of smell as I think it's ok?! i have it as hot chocolate in the mornings....very french...ooo la la!

Oh how mean! I keep mine in the fridge at work so it is cold and doesn't really smell at all,

You mean you keep it in the fridge made up as a shake???

I find it smells if its mixed with hot water! x

Oh that might be it! I've only tried it hot!!! D'oh! :)

Ah thats def it ... try it ice cold its really nice x

Yep, mix it up first thing with a hand blender, pour it into a tupperware flask thingy and put it in the fridge at work - nice and cold for lunch time. It's the only way I'm able to do the diet and work.

Oh how mean! I keep mine in the fridge at work so it is cold and doesn't really smell at all, but you could try adding some mint flavouring to it to make it choc-mint, and no-one should ever really have a problem with the smell of mint.

Except my husband! :rolleyes:

I quite like the choc shake, it reminds me of ovaltine. I usually have mine hot with some coffee or made up with cooled water with a few ice cubes in.

I cant believe someone would be so rude as to make such a big deal of something somebody else is consuming then go and point at it so everyone can see what shes talking about! :mad: rude mare!

Didn't know that ... normally make first thing and then put in the fridge for later .... will have to start making it up at work now. Thanks for the advice xx

I did it all the way through CD and had no problems. It's either that or don't do the diet, and it hasn't killed me yet (and luckily the flask is not see-through so I can drink it and no-one asks me any awkward questions, which they would do if I was stood there with a shaker and packet of powder).

Hey all

Not sure if I am teaching you to suck eggs but for ease of making the shakes without a blender I have purchased a couple of shaker bottles/flasks from CNP nutrition website. On the move or at work you just add the mix and shake. Well worth it for £3, although sometimes I miss the ice but any bar nearby will give you some.

Regards Lee

Just ordered one of ebay with a stainless steel mixing ball inside ... can't wait to use thanks x

Back