chocolate binge :(

jasminescott242

what's wrong with me I've been 100% on this plan for 3weeks and have lost 10lbs .chocolate is my downfall so I always use 5to8 syns to have a bar of something with a cuppa when kids are in bed. yesterday in group all I heard was oh I had this takeaway and wine blah blah and still lost 3lbs! while I've been on plan 100% anyway it was like I went into auto pilot I used all my syns on chocolate. then went on to eat 2 small mars bars 8syns each,twirl at 9syns and chocolate buttons 9syns! what is wrong with me argh! gettin my head focused and back on track definitely today. any ideas what I should do for damage limitation?should i not have any syns for a few days? or just get my jaw wired !lol x

When I have a day like this I tend to draw a line under it and start afresh the next day. I will stick to the lower end of my sys perhaps 5-10 instead of 10-15 for the rest of the week as I find if I completely cut out syns I feel deprived. This is a eating plan and not a diet its all about the long term and we are all human. Its 1 day out of 7 and not too late to pull it back - good luck

Good Morning Jasmine,

I'v done this from time to time, afterwards feeling sick and get pains in my legs. I know with me, it's tooooooo much sugar!!!!
Like me , mabe you are being just a little to strict. :confused: Start again today, forget yesterday, it's gone. We all have little hick-ups from time to time. It's not Failure. it's being human. Each of us Humans have different stresses in our daily life.:cry: YOU have done soooo very well so far, :) DON'T throw it all away or feel glum over a few bars of Chocolate. GOOD LUCK HUN.X :D

I'd draw a line under it and start afresh today. i know Slimming World doesn't work by calculating calories, but if it helps, you overate by 34 syns, which is equivalent to 680 cals. You need to overeat by 3500 cals to gain 1lb, so you've done less than 1/4 of a pound of damage. If you're good for the rest if the week you should hopefully still see a loss.

thank you all for your replies :) you all speak so much sense and you nt have really helped me from goin into a spiral and having chocolate for breakfast too.I never thought of the calorie element.you're right I can hopefully pull it back in time.thank yous x x

Today is a new day- don't feel bad about what you did yesterday, feel good about what you will do today.

I LOVE this!! Awesome mantra :)

I have to remind myself of it all the time, I'm a terrible one for looking for reasons to beat myself up and feel like a failure. Working on that though..

Our consultant tells people off for saying stuff like that in image therapy. We should be trying to inspire each other and give people new ideas. It's one thing to say we save some syns to allow for a takeaway for a treat and managed to have it within our weekly syns and still lose weight, but another to use it as an excuse to tell people how much you've 'got away with'

We're only human and this happens from time to time to most people so draw a line under it and start afresh x
I had a bad 2 days on monday and tuesday and on tuesday i ate a full bag of m & ms and managed to gain a lb so i am back 100% now and will hopefully lose that lb and more x

I've done similar this week, but have done what others advise - to get straight back on the plan and keep going! Getting the new mag yesterday also helped, with all those success stories - they really help you focus.

Getting back on plan as quickly as you can will limit any damage you have done. Remember how yucky you feel and before eating something imagine the number you want to see on the scales at weigh in. They do say that recovering from slip ups quickly will help you to follow the plan long term cos you naturally limit damage rather than allowing it to become a bad day/week/month etc etc etc. Accept that you have been off plan, but also put something into place to stop it from happening again. Maybe get some options to give you a chocolate fix that fills you a bit more than a bar of choc. Good luck. :)

Try not to worry just hit the exercise a lot and eat healthy til weigh in try and get some superspeed foods in there

jasminescott242 said:
well I cut back on my syns and was out walking.in the end including my binge id only ate 81syns! and I lost 2lbs and got my half stone award .yeah! :)

There you go! Fantastic. Getting back on plan is def the answer. :)

well I cut back on my syns and was out walking.in the end including my binge id only ate 81syns! and I lost 2lbs and got my half stone award .yeah! :)

That's fab, well done ;)

CraigA said:
I would draw a line under it and start again.

If you can i would try not to have things in the house that can temp you into over syning.

My big no no is bread so if we have any in the house i ask for it to be hidden from me so i cant see it in passing and think "il just have a couple of slices" before i know i could have had half a loaf.

yes I did just that and was really good and lost 2lbs :) thanks all for your support and advice x

The whole I had a takeaway pizza/been off plan/ stuffed my face with choc and still lost is the reason I stopped going and will not return to group!! I saw it as a green light to do the same and it didnt work for me (unsuprisingly). I am now doing SW from home and doing much better :D

Chocolate is how I got here... I don't smoke, rarely drink.... but can eat choc til it comes out of my ears :(

Back