Puddings chocolate cake please

Kankles

Silver Member
Hi, can anyone give me a low syn chocolate cake recipe? I've tried the sqidgy chocolate cake but it tasted bland and slighly bitter.

I'm not a huge fan of fruit in a cake so maybe choc cheesecake or a choc sponge/choc mousse.

Help much appreciated, I need a choc fix before I reach for the chocolate bars!!!!

Hi, if you search on the recipe section for 'chocolate pudding' there's a recipe for a very low syn dessert/mousse using tofu! It seems everyone's raving about it! Haven't tried it myself yet but I'm going shopping tomorrow to get the ingredients!

skinnydawn said:
Hi, if you search on the recipe section for 'chocolate pudding' there's a recipe for a very low syn dessert/mousse using tofu! It seems everyone's raving about it! Haven't tried it myself yet but I'm going shopping tomorrow to get the ingredients!

I bought the ingredients for this today and as I was making it I was thinking is this for real! Tofu and cocoa powder? But my goodness, it tasted delish!

I tried it straight after it was all mixed together but then split the mixture into 4 portions and chilled for 2 hrs, was even nicer cold!

Thanks i now feel like I've been choco-fied!!

I bought the ingredients for this today and as I was making it I was thinking is this for real! Tofu and cocoa powder? But my goodness, it tasted delish!

I tried it straight after it was all mixed together but then split the mixture into 4 portions and chilled for 2 hrs, was even nicer cold!

Thanks i now feel like I've been choco-fied!!

Hey Kankles! You beat me to it! I had a job finding the tofu (eventually got some from Sainsburys) and cant wait to make it tomorrow! I'm glad you liked it...it is a bit of a weird combination but looks like it works. Hopefully stop those choc cravings :17729:

I couldn't find it at first. I stopped one of the shop assistants in asda to ask if they sold it and at first he thought I asked for toffee.....I wish! Anyway, he told me no they do not sell it, suprise surprise I walked to the end of the isle and there it was! I was determined to get my ingredients!!!

We had a similar experience in Tesco and sainsburys. We were twice sent to the chiller cabinet, but that's the hard solid stuff, and just as we were about to giv up I spotted it on the top shelf!
Gotta take son number 1 to hospital today to hopefully get his wrist plaster removed, then I'm going to dash back and make this pudd! How r u getting on? :)

They seem like they can't be bothered to look half the time!!! Blinking nuisance!

Hope ur son is ok? He had a little accident did he?

I'm getting on really well surprisingly. I have been mostly making meals from minimins and making enough to take to work the next day, since I switched from a bog standard packed lunch the weight is coming off much quicker.

How are u finding things?

beccaharrison89 said:
i wouldnt have a clue what tofu looks like ? what am i looking for? i would love to make this

It kind if looks like a cream coloured blamange! The packaging was a blue and White carton similar to an orange juice carton but a much smaller version!

I highly recommend this choc pudding, if u need a quick choc fix without high syns it's great x

Kankles said:
They seem like they can't be bothered to look half the time!!! Blinking nuisance!

Hope ur son is ok? He had a little accident did he?

I'm getting on really well surprisingly. I have been mostly making meals from minimins and making enough to take to work the next day, since I switched from a bog standard packed lunch the weight is coming off much quicker.

How are u finding things?

Yes, Andy had a little accident...went bowling, forgot to change out of his bowling shoes, headed into town to celebrate his birthday and slipped over! Broke his wrist! It's been a nightmare as he couldnt drive to college so hubby and I have been taking him, and then of course he couldn't write so we've been writing out his course work!
I'm really quite enjoying sw! I've done it a few times before so I know it works...I just have trouble keeping it off. Usual stuff...emotional eating...same as 1/2 the people on here I should think!
I made the tofu choc pudd, very tastey but lumpy! Dunno wot I did wrong so will try again nxt wk! Made gorgeous Orange mousse tonight tho...Hartleys lf jelly made up with 1/2 pt boiling water. Allow to cool for 1/2 hr then whisk in about 3 Mullerlight yoghurts or any lf yoghurt (i used lf vanilla) and shove it in the fridge to set. V nice ;)
What night do u weigh in? Mines tomorrow...not too sure how I've done this wk.

I'm attempting the tofu cake for out class tasting next week, may have to do a dummy run first!

K Dee said:
I'm attempting the tofu cake for out class tasting next week, may have to do a dummy run first!

I'd like to know how it turns out...mine tasted gt but looked horrible and lumpy!

I used the hand whisk on mine for about 10 mins and no lumps! Nice and smooth!!!

I'm going to try again at the wkend so will really blast it with the whisk! Probably end up with most of it on the walls but hopefully it will be SMOOTH!!!!!! :d'oh:

skinnydawn said:
Yes, Andy had a little accident...went bowling, forgot to change out of his bowling shoes, headed into town to celebrate his birthday and slipped over! Broke his wrist! It's been a nightmare as he couldnt drive to college so hubby and I have been taking him, and then of course he couldn't write so we've been writing out his course work!
I'm really quite enjoying sw! I've done it a few times before so I know it works...I just have trouble keeping it off. Usual stuff...emotional eating...same as 1/2 the people on here I should think!
I made the tofu choc pudd, very tastey but lumpy! Dunno wot I did wrong so will try again nxt wk! Made gorgeous Orange mousse tonight tho...Hartleys lf jelly made up with 1/2 pt boiling water. Allow to cool for 1/2 hr then whisk in about 3 Mullerlight yoghurts or any lf yoghurt (i used lf vanilla) and shove it in the fridge to set. V nice ;)
What night do u weigh in? Mines tomorrow...not too sure how I've done this wk.

How did you get on at weigh in?

Have you heard the controversy about the tofu chocolate pudding? X

Kankles said:
Have you heard the controversy about the tofu chocolate pudding? X

Just read a new post from someone who rang the syns hotline- doesn't look like we need to syn the tofu - yippee!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ive phoned syns hot line this evening and the tofu is defo free ladys :) x

Thank goodness for that! :clap:

It did seem a bit odd...I mean silken tofu is normally blended before use...so you're not doing anything to it that you shouldn't. I'm so pleased we can use it...:gimi:

Back