Chocolate Mousse Receipe.......me no like!

Lilleece79

Right, so i've been on the SW healthy eating for a week now (weigh-in tomorrow) and I've been struggling for snack type foods and lunch time meals. Just bought in a load of ingredients from Asda in order to start making some SW food. So I thought I better start with the Mousse.............

It was beeee-yuck! Did not look like the picture and tasted artificial. Have I done summin wrong or are there others having the same problem with receipes?? HELP!:confused:

I've not made a specific SW recipes - I've made more adaptations to the ingredients I use in my usual recipes instead. I bought the Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself chocolate mousses. It's quite dark chocolate which I like and has an alcoholic taste which I can't explain at all - but not unpleasant! : ) I like cooking but I can't be doing with making snacks - I'm using low value syns to snack e.g. Fox's rich tea creams. At work I have swapped lunchtime sandwiches for Ainsley Harriot cous cous, Batchelors savoury rice or Pasta n Sauce.

To be honest, I have often found the 'official' SW recipes- and dessert ones in particular- aren't all that great and do come out quite artificial tasting and hardly ever look like the picture. I often find 'normal' recipes that have been tweaked to make the SW friendly are better :)

Having said that- I have found this quite nice:

Chocolate and Amaretto mousse

5 syns per serving, serves 4

57g plain chocolate
2tbsp Amaretto liqueur
170g quark skimmed milk soft cheese
3 eggs, separated
1 tbsp Canderel
fresh mint leaves and raspberries to decorate

1. Place the chocolate and Amaretto liqueur in a small mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon of water, place over a pan of simmering water until the chocolate has melted. Leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together the quark, egg yolks and Canderel until smooth, then fold into the cooled chocolate and Amaretto mixture.
3. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then carefully fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into 4 individual serving bowls and chill for 2 hours or until set.
4. Serve decorated with fresh mint leaves and a few raspberries

I've made tons of sw cakes and to be honest there either bitter,soggy or just taste like egg. I'm now trying a 2 syn trifle recipe that we had on a taster night and it was really nice!

How do you make it?

The sw trifle is lovely. In the topping I mixed in some lemon zest and half the juice too with sweetener . It's gorgeous,tastes like lemon mousse x

Trifle ?

Where do you find this sw trifle? I made one befor and it was vile it masde me sick. Post it on so we can see.

It was a recipe from group,really easy.

3 sheets Gelatin
1 packet of sugar free jelly
Fruit for in the jelly
Two banana and custard muller lights
1 pot natural yogurt ff
1 pot of quark
Sweetener

Place fruit in the bottom of the bowl and pour over the jelly. Dissolve the gelatin in a bit if hot water and mix in the muller light. Pour over the set jelly and leave to set as this will be the custard.top of by mixing the yogurt and quark together with the sweetener and top with what ever you like.

Back