Choice for Work XMas menu

DisneyMumma

Hi all,
Was wondering if you could give me a little guidance as to what you think may be best out of these options (we can't find out how things are specifically cooked!).

Starters
---------
Butternut Squash Soup with Crusty Roll and Butter.
Tempura Battered King Prawns with sweet chilli dip.

Mains
------
Traditional turkey and usual trimmings.
Vegetable lasagne with salad garnish.

I would probably pick the soup and lasagne as being the better options, but do you think that is right?

Many thanks
Jacqui

yes, but don't have any butter with the bread (or even not the bread!). Turkey is free and you could either not have any roast potatoes or have new boiled, if available

I think turkey would be better because lasagne will have cheese, oil etc in it.
The soup might have cream and butter or oil too so I would probably have the prawns and try to pick most of the batter off.

soup (excl roll & butter) & turkey - defo!

Yup...soup and turkey would be the better of the 2 options there Hun.

The soup minus the bread and the turkey are probably the way to go. Put gravy on the side. Lasagne can have loads of hidden syns in it. xx

Thanks guys. I forgot about the cheese and oil and things in the lasagne. I would prefer the turkey anyway, so definately think I will go with that.

Ta muchly
Jacqui

I am organising a Christmas lunch for the local U3A. We are going to a Toby Carvery which is doing us a great deal. The choices are melon with berries, mushrooms with stilton, or soup; then roast turkey, beef, gammon, or a veggie mushroom, brie and cranberry wellington; then icecream sundae, christmas pudding, or profiteroles.

So I am definitely having the melon, the turkey (they do loads of different vegetables) and then . . . and then . . . oooooh! Don't think I am going to be able to resist the profiteroles, sorry!!

Back