Chorizo chickpea and spinach soup

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Lynn_, 21 December 2010 Social URL.

1. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    This is my take on a Jamie Oliver recipe. Its the most delicious soup ive ever had I think and really warming and filling.

150grm piece of Chorizo
    50grm pancetta or bacon
    1 large or 2 medium onions
    2 cloves garlic
    1kilo fresh tomatoes
    2 or 3 stalks celery
    500grm fresh spinach
    3 pints (or 2 litres) chicken or veg stock
    2 cans chickpeas
    3 eggs

Take 150gr piece of spanish chorizo sausage, cut into small cubes and fry in about a tblsp of olive oil with 50g of chopped pancetta or bacon.

Chop 2 medium or 1 large onion, and 2 cloves garlic, add to the chorizo mix, and fry gently for around 10 minutes till the onion has softend.

Chop 2 or 3 sticks celery and around a kilo of fresh tomatoes, and drain 2 cans of chickpeas and add to the pan.

Make up 3 pints of chicken or veg stock and add to the soup.

Let all this come to simmer and cook for about 40 minutes.

In the meantime hardboil 3 eggs and then cool.

After 40 minutes take the soup off the heat and blitz it with a wand liquidiser so that about half the soup gets finely chopped, then add 500grm spinach and bring back to the boil for a few minutes to cook the spinach through, then blitz the soup again for a couple seconds.

Grate or finely chop the hard boiled eggs and stir into the soup.

Makes about 8 portions and around 300 cals a bowl.

This is no wimpy snack soup, its a full on full flavoured main course offering and really good. The hard boiled egg really adds to the texture of it.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. honeykiss

honeykiss Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Exante/Low carb
    I have tried this and loved it, had to slightly tweak it but it was yummy x
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.