Chrimbo 2007

Dont think Rach is on line...but I got some books on Ebay and they are fab and cheap!!!

Arr thanks for that Bea..would help if i had looked to se if she was online..........very slow today lol

No, but I've heard good reports. Why do you fancy a change? I went away for a few days for a funeral in Edinburgh and decided it really wasn't feasable to do lipotrim, so I did atkins. I got back 2hrs ago and just did a ketostix and I'm still in ketosis so i'm :D. Back to the shakes tomorrow, but as long as you know what to eat then ketosis is quite easy to stay in. Wonder if I'll lose this week???? I should do if I've been burning fat all week!

I'd be very interested in hearing more about the GI diet though!

Well done Shaz that was brilliant!! Im sure you will lose if you are still in Ketosis. YOu sound like you have this diet all wrapped up!!

Thats brill shaz well done, No im not thinking of changing just interested in what its about.. just want to be careful over christmas am trying to decide what route to follow while im have a break from lipotrim!!

Hi Sparkles....I'm being weighed tomorrow. I know I have lost. Whilst away I stuck to Atkins. I think Atkins is a very easy diet to follow. At Xmas you'd be able to have Turkey and alot of low carb veg. You can even have spirits and coke zero and remain in ketosis. Problem with Alcohol is you are no longer burning fat. It puts it on hold til the alcohol is burned up then it switches straight back to fat burning. It all depends if you want to blow it for a few days...eat/drink what you want then get straight back onto it after. I believe you can have diabetic thorntons chocolate on Atkins, but that is just something i've read on another thread and not ever checked it out.

I'm going away on 10th December so I'm switching to Atkins from December and then slowly introducing fruit/potatoes etc back. There is no way on earth I'm dieting on my All Inclusive Holiday. I'm going to eat healthily.....lots of fruit/salads.......plus I have to say lots of booze. I'll be doing plenty of swimming and aerobics daily so hopefully I'll not put weight on, but if i put a few pounds on, then I'll take it off the first week I'm back. To me its about quality of life.

Hi Sparkles....I'm being weighed tomorrow. I know I have lost. Whilst away I stuck to Atkins. I think Atkins is a very easy diet to follow. At Xmas you'd be able to have Turkey and alot of low carb veg. You can even have spirits and coke zero and remain in ketosis. Problem with Alcohol is you are no longer burning fat. It puts it on hold til the alcohol is burned up then it switches straight back to fat burning. It all depends if you want to blow it for a few days...eat/drink what you want then get straight back onto it after. I believe you can have diabetic thorntons chocolate on Atkins, but that is just something i've read on another thread and not ever checked it out.

I'm going away on 10th December so I'm switching to Atkins from December and then slowly introducing fruit/potatoes etc back. There is no way on earth I'm dieting on my All Inclusive Holiday. I'm going to eat healthily.....lots of fruit/salads.......plus I have to say lots of booze. I'll be doing plenty of swimming and aerobics daily so hopefully I'll not put weight on, but if i put a few pounds on, then I'll take it off the first week I'm back. To me its about quality of life.

You will take it off when you come back as you said. You should def have a great holiday and you sound like you have a good plan. I would not diet on holiday either. You need a break.

I've not been away this year so there is no way I'm worrying about food. Like I say.......swimming and water aerobics should make up for the booze (not that I'm an alcoholic or anything, but I am partial to the odd cocktail).

Hi Shaz

Thanks for that info, I think that sounds like the best plan for me,
Im much the same as your self (except I not going anywere exotic)
Ive a few weekends away planned and some xmas parties away with work.. so it would be difficult to keep going the way I am and I would like to have some drinks over the christmas.. so Im going to have to start getting a plan together....Weres the hol you lucky thing???

I'm going to Bayahibe in the South of Dominican Republic. I went to the same hotel last year and going back with eleven of my family. I'm really looking forward to it now as I sell holidays all day long and have not been away yet this year.

Re your diet, I think you definitely need a plan. If I leave it to chance then it goes belly up. I think you have to have a life and I'll be thrilled if I dont put on weight whilst I'm away, but even if a few pounds goes on then January I'll still be starting the year 2 stone less then this year. I think I'll be fine though. Every morning I'll do Aerobics on the beach. Lunchtime they do water aerobics in the Caribbean Sea (awful I know, but someone has to do it!!). They have salsa lessons by the pool with some lovely hunky Dominicans, plus swimming all day long......then dancing the night away. I'm eating whatever I fancy and with all this exercise I'm hoping I'll have no problems.

Definately....sounds amazing!!!!

Back