Chris' 2014 Exante Diary.

Hope you both have a great night.

3lbs is a good loss. Well done!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Having a fab night, biggest problem is it has now become apparent Mrs 8391 is jealous that I have lost more than she has.

This has not been helped by all our friends commenting on my weigh loss.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Having a fab night, biggest problem is it has now become apparent Mrs 8391 is jealous that I have lost more than she has.

This has not been helped by all our friends commenting on my weigh loss.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Ha ha Chris, take it alcohol has had an impact. Poor you LOL.

Yup, just don't know what to do. Im tempted to put the weight back on just to cheer her up.

If me being fat makes her happy then I will eat lard.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Awww bless her. She'll come round I'm sure. You stick to plan and that will encourage her to stick to hers. If you both put weight on, you'll both feel like rubbish.

I'm sure having a leaner, fit husband will be a good incentive for her. She'll just be having a temporary crisis fuelled by alcohol. She'll be reet today.

Hope u had a good night and didn't eat any lard. I can almost taste that!

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3...

Here's a pic for MrsChris... Tell her to hang in there :)

Attachments

• image-630097980.jpg
    image-630097980.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 33
Awww bless her. Tell her to keep strong and point out all the positives of losing the weight a bit slower than you. The fact that she's doing this is amazing in itself and even though you're losing the weight quicker, I'm sure she'd find it harder to stick to if she didn't have an Exante buddy in the house with her x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Chris just help her to stick to plan & let her know that men tend to lose faster as a rule.

It's just one of those unfair things Chris that men doing a vlcd lose weight quicker than women do (damn damn damn), don't you give up as she wouldn't want that, you're so lucky that you've got each other to inspire you and I'm sure she wouldn't want to lose that inspiration. Hope you both had a fabulous time away!

Day 2 of 5:2

Had a re-weigh this morning to see what damage the weekend has done and it's a 6lb gain:mad:. Not to bad really it's probably just the glycogen half of my firsy week loss, lets see what this week brings.

Today is a normal day.

Breakfast-: 1 Banana eaten @ 06:30

Morning snack-: muller light yougart @ 10:00

Lunch -: Salad @ 12:30

Aternoon snack -: 8 raspberries & 8 blackberries @ 1430

Evening meal -: 165g Jacket potato with 200g of baked beans

Gym -: planning on a 5k run

hope everyone is well will try and catch up on diaries tonoght when I get in.

Last edited:
Gym went better than I planned, pushed out 8k in 44 mins. Getting closer to my 10k goal.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Well done, you're doing great - that gain will be gone in no time!

Well done your doing so well

Well done Chris. I'm jealous of ur speed. I hate running when on VLCD. Feels like I'm running through treacle because im soooooooo slow! i know that will change when I introduce carbs.

Quick question re alcohol. Did u intentionally come out of ketosis to drink alcohol? I've got a hen do on 15th. We start off with a cocktail making session. Think we make approx 3-4 cocktails. I will be well rubber after that. Prob is I don't want to eat carbs the day before etc or even on the day but I guess I'm going to have to?

Yes came out deliberately so we could enjoy a few drinks to many. I have read to many articles about the dangers of drinking alcohol whilst in ketosis to take the risk. The plan was always to only do TS for 4 weeks. I could do it for longer now. But Mrs 8391 wants to do Slimming World again. I have convinced her to do 5:2 with SW as the normal days and TS for the fasting days. So it's a compromise.

Sent from my HTC One X+

As for the running as I have increased the distance my speed has just increase naturally. I'm hoping to drop to one long run a week at 10.5 - 11 kph and two shorter runs at 12 - 12.5 , or even interval training.

Sent from my HTC One X+

As for the running as I have increased the distance my speed has just increase naturally. I'm hoping to drop to one long run a week at 10.5 - 11 kph and two shorter runs at 12 - 12.5 , or even interval training.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Cool :)

Yes came out deliberately so we could enjoy a few drinks to many. I have read to many articles about the dangers of drinking alcohol whilst in ketosis to take the risk. The plan was always to only do TS for 4 weeks. I could do it for longer now. But Mrs 8391 wants to do Slimming World again. I have convinced her to do 5:2 with SW as the normal days and TS for the fasting days. So it's a compromise.

Sent from my HTC One X+

That's sounds like a good plan for ur wife :) I'm not sure what ill do. I'd not drink if I could get away with it. But I know julie will be watching me! Maybe ill have to invent some Illness that needs anti-biotics!

Day 3, fasting day.

First fasting day of 5:2 how will I manage without ketosis to stave off the hunger? I hope I will be ok.

Will be popping to the gym today. 5k on the rower, followed by 3-4k on the treadmill.

Just having a coffee, then need to decide what to have for b-fast. Thinking porridge might be a good plan.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Back