Chris' 2014 Exante Diary.

I hope today is gentle with you Chris. Hopefully you'll be in the swing of the 5:2 quickly. I think the 5:2 SW plan for your wife sounds more suitable for her and it's quite an appealling idea actually . Have a good day :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Day 3 Cont FD

Had an banana before I left the house @ 06:30 100Cals

Exante porridge for breakfast once I got to work @ 0900 200Cals

Nothing for lunch

Gym @ 13:30. 5k on the rower in 23:45
4k on the treadmill in 20:04
2.4k(or 1.5 mile in old money) of that was in 11:24 so less that the 11:30 i need to do it in next month.

Tea-: had planned on exante meal but after cooking sweet&sour pork for the kids i decided to work out the Cals in it and I think they should be about 110Cals per 100g,(as the pork mince was 130Cal/100g and the sauce was 75cal/100g) so I had 250g for my tea with no rice. I have put 90g of boiled rice and 180g of S&S pork to one side for Fiona as she is on a Fast Day(FD) tomorrow in work.

I'm off to Phoenix House Recovery Centre, the Help for Heroes recovery centre in Catterick tomorrow for a look around and a chance to see how H4H spend the money I will raise when I go to Vietnam. So no gym for me tomorrow, guess I will just have to smash a hard session out on Thursday.

Last edited:
That will be an interesting day tomorrow Chris. One day off gym wont hurt.

Struggled with hunger a little tonight. Had a pint of water and gone to bed, at least I can have something in the morning.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Day 4 SWRD.

Breakfast -: Muller light yougart.

Lunch-: couscous salad with prawns(28g of dry couscous is 5 syns)

Tea-: spaghetti Bolognese, using my healthy b for the pasta and my healthy a for some parmesan.

Sent from my HTC One X+

I'm really looking forward to seeing how you both get on with your diets because they sound great so far :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Chris. Hope you have a trek inspiring day at H4H. x

Hi Chris. Hope you have a trek inspiring day at H4H. x

I had a fantastic day, it was great to see what all the money goes towards. And why most of what they provide isn't government funded. It has made me all the more determined to raise as much as I can for this worthwhile cause.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Just looked at the link. I will sponsor you Chris but I will have to wait till next months wages though. All very worthy causes,
Last year I visited one of my patients who was an RAF widow & now a pensioner. Did you know that they put funds aside for them so that if they need something in the home that is health related & if the local authorities won't help, they will help pay for it. I was very impressed.

I had a fantastic day, it was great to see what all the money goes towards. And why most of what they provide isn't government funded. It has made me all the more determined to raise as much as I can for this worthwhile cause.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Glad you had such a good day - as the mum of a boy currently out in Afghanistan with the RAF I give you a big well done and thank you for choosing this cause x

Glad you had such a good day - as the mum of a boy currently out in Afghanistan with the RAF I give you a big well done and thank you for choosing this cause x

I don't know how you cope with that Katie. You must worry so much x

I don't know how you cope with that Katie. You must worry so much x

I do Susie, but I miss him more than I worry - I get by by just thinking of him there but not wondering what he's doing xx

Day 5 FD,

Breakfast -: Muller light yougart. 100 Cal

Lunch-: slice of pumpkin seed toast. 140 Cal

Evening meal -: fajita chicken with onion & red peppers and 100g of couscous. 300 Cal

No gym again today. Must go tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Off to sleep now, new WI day tomorrow. Will see how I get on, I know I was +6lbs on Monday so lets see if I have offset any of the damage. I would be happy with a STS from last Fridays early WI.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Good luck for weigh in :)

Day 6 SWRD,

First 5:2 Weigh In and the results are STS( well after last weekend it's really a 6lb loss:D) not in ketosis so it is proper weight loss not just Glycogen.

Finding the fast days quite hard as I do feel hungrey, I just focus on being able to eat tasty food the next day. I think as a long term plan it will be far easier to stick to as the SW days offer far greater range of meals. I was really really bored of exante meals by the end of week 3.

Anyway will be going to the gym today. thinking about 5k row 5k run. need an early night as I am off to Southampton tomorrow morning at stupid O Clock to collect money for H4H, so anyone in the vicinity of WestQuay shopping centre come and say hello, I will be by the first floor entrance.

Breakfast -: 2 soft boiled eggs.

Back