Cruise PV ChrisR dukan journey

Early to bed i think after the slow cooker is wrapped up snug and warm for the night :) Didnt sleep too well last night because I can't sleep on my left side because of my bruised arm after the stupid fall at work last week. Arm is a lovely colour of purple with shades of yellow and green - ughhhhhhh! Talk about painful hope its a bit better tomorrow - sorry moaning again!!! Had pudding - homemade yog, rhubarb & jelly. Rhubarb too tart but still eat it :) Have a good dukan day tomorrow I will :)

You poor thing - a wee bit of arnica rubbed in will help speed up the healing.

Will have to buy a slow cooker first - asda had ones last week. Must check it out, have about 15 totals to eat in the fridge first though.

Just made a coffee flavoured total - generous tsp Kenco decaff with sweetener to taste dissolved in a little boiling water. Chill in fridge and just stir yogurt through. Delish! I first tasted coffee flav yogurt in Switz. But haven't seen any here, I think it's yummy.

Hope you have a good sleep. :)Xx

Thinking of you Chris, I'd have been a blubbering wreck! children grow up so fast x it sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with both of yours! :) xxx

Hope you are ok after the fall! I second the arnica comment, used some after having my wisdom teeth out, definitely helped.

Ooh and I need to jump on the yoghurt train too - everyone is raving about it.

Thank you - Arnica been used since last week dont know what colour it would have been if I hadnt used Arnica, my arm is black and blue from the shoulder to my elbow. Its not as painful today except for where the muscle is so its now on the mend. My students have been very sympathetic :)
Defo worth joining the yog train Couteaux - delish. Lausanne certainly going to try the kenco mix sounds really good.
Yes Couteaux I am very lucky with my children - they tell me all sorts and sometimes its too much info - but we do get on really well 99.5% of the time :)

Im on a PV day today so its chicken in a cream sauce made from homemade yoghurt, fingers crossed it will be good + vegetables.

Same here Wheesht soggy hanky but delicious yoghurt going to buy some muslin from somewhere. 1st batch I did was much better than the 2nd. Will have another go tomorrow night when ive more time.
My arm is still painful but nowhere near as bad - it is now in lovely shades of blue and green a colleague said today that she was looking for wallpaper the colour of the bruises!

Just had over an hour's phone chat with my lovely friend who lives in Switzerland - how I miss her. Can't wait to go to Basel again to stay with her. Soon I hope. I have a poorly daughter here with a septic throat not a lot I can do for her really except to be patient because she is the worst patient ever ................. hates being ill makes her very grumpy!!! she's not had anything to eat and can only take sips of water as its too painful to swallow. She has antibiotics so hopefully she should be feeling better by the weekend. My son is enjoying Uni staying at his friend's flat tonight and then going straight in Uni tomorrow. Me im just shattered wide awake this morning at 2.35am and then again at 4.50 so tossed and turned until 5.40 and then decided to get up. So ready for bed at 9 :( its a bit too early for bed or the same will happen again. On a lighter note a good dukan day today drank more water but not enough, its too cold. PV tomorrow bought a celeriac after reading Lausanne's diary - Lausanne what do I do with this knobbly thing - boil or roast? Hope everyone is enjoying Dukan as much as me :) x

Re. Celeriac I've only boiled it so far, added a tsp of Dijon mustard and mashed. Apparently it's best to cut it just before you 're going to cook it and then cook it in pre-boiled water rather than starting it in cold water. I don't add any salt but that's my taste. I boil it for 15 mins or so till soft & from there treat it as I would boiled spuds. I read a recipe on the BBC food website for celeriac chips which I will try Dukan style on Saturday. I've topped some mince, shepherd pie style with celeriac this eve and it is in the fridge ready to pop in the oven for my PV supper tomorrow eve after I do the weekly shop.

I have cut back on coffee and am sleeping much better but maybe that ain't your vice. Hope you sleep well tonight and that your wee lassie feels better tomorrow - sore throats can make a body feel so miserable.

I'm loving Dukan and my new Dukan pals. ;)

Hi Lausanne
thanks for the celeriac tips - my daughter is feeling better tucking into a little mash as we speak :)
Ive not been able to to get comfy since last week after the arm injury but I dont sleep well anyway (age related and MrR snoring) off tomorrow - yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so a bit of a lie in, going to a ceramic workshop with a friend so looking forward some creative therapy :)

Yes I agree Lausanne wouldnt be able to do Dukan if it wasnt for the encouragement and help I get on this forum - lovely ppl and you are definately one of them :D

Ah, you're just a big softee, ain't you?! Feel the same, hun.:bighug:Love the sound of a ceramic workshop - you might post a pic of your handiwork. Bought a slow cooker today and ......off she toddles to look in the recipes thread.........:)Xx

Slow cooker yoghurt - thats one thing im making tomorrow :) yes i am a big softee but very truthful! Once its been fired I'll show off my handywork.

Sleep not too bad internal alarm clock woke me up at the usual time (6.30) done a few jobs before going out later. So looking forward to not working today had quite a few stressful days in the 3 weeks ive been back at work but one constant thing is the Dukan plan - wow its amazing how focused and in control I am ....... when I read my diary back and think how I felt in those 4 days of attack I am truly astonished. 8 weeks and 1.5 stone lighter cant wait for Sunday weigh in ;)

You helped me from the beginning a very big thank you Diamond - so pleased your are back now and we are here for you whenever you need us :) x

Last edited:
Enjoyed my creative day yesterday - can't wait to collect my vase once its been fired :) Weekend soon comes round but then with a blink of an eye its Monday!!! So house jobs and more house jobs today. Trying to get as much done today so I can have a lazy day tomorrow well thats the plan anyway........... Meal out tonight to celebrate my handsome son going to Uni and of course my beautiful daughter returning for her last year. Not sure where yet but it will have to be somewhere that is Dukan friendly. I don't feel like I've lost any weight this week we shall see tomorrow morning. I know where I need to improve - exercise and water. Im so cream crackered in the evening and its too cold for gallons of water. Excuses so thats what I have to do from today .............. I am determined nothing will stop me getting there in early January ;) A good Dukan weekend everybody x

just been reading my diary from the beginning and i still feel exactly the same ........... amazing! Onwards and downwards to the end of the 4th phase :) :) :) :) :)

out tonight for a meal - think the whole of Lancashire has decided to go out too. Managed to book a table so fingers x it is dukan as much as possible. we know the maitre d so should be ok with my instructions :) it will be fish or steak i should think x

Back