Christmas - 3 options

Romilly

Hey everyone!

I am curious to know please, what your plans are re food over the Xmas period?

My CDC said I have 3 options;

1. I can abstain completely i.e. stick to the Cambridge plan as I have been doing.

2. I could eat everything in sight and totally come off the diet and go back on it in the New Year.

3. Lastly I can eat sensibly, e.g. lots of meat and veggies (high protein foods and very few or no carbs).

I have come up with a secret fourth option though - to eat what I want, but sensibly. I simply cannot envisage a Christmas without Yorkshire puds and roasties:) So I'm thinking a normal Christmas dinner as I have always had, BUT I will halve (or even third!) my portion sizes.

In any event my CDC told me that on her first Xmas Day after starting Cambridge, her eyes were bigger than her stomach (probably literally too, hehe), and she piled her plate up with lots of crimbo goodies, but when it came to it, all she could manage to eat was one slice of turkey, one small Yorkshire pud and one and a half roast potatoes!! So u see, I may well not be able to manage much anyway!

I'm hoping that will be ok. I'm sure that I will put some weight on over the festive period but I feel that i would rather plan ahead as to how I will manage things rather than naively think that I could possibly stick to the CWP whilst my OH and family are tucking in around me!

Oops I sent that too early!

So just to finish, I wonder if some off u might share your diet (or "undiet" plans lol) for the festive period this year please?

Love and hugs to all
Romilly
X

Hiya, my plan is to have just Christmas day off but to be as sensible as poss. I won't deny myself anything if I really want it but I won't be the fat bird sat next to the snack table this year!! Mainly meat and veg on my plate with a couple of roast spuds as a treat :) xx

I plan to try and CD as much as possible over the whole period but will allow myself to eat if I really choose too. If I do choose to I plan to stick to proteins and veg carbs (no roasties ect) and a very small portion of dessert. I'm on driving duty so will be remaining teetotal.

Thanks for your posts gals. I think the key is not to feel deprived or as though you're being cheated out of anything! X

Thanks for your posts gals. I think the key is not to feel deprived or as though you're being cheated out of anything! X[/QUOTE

You have to switch your mind from negative thoughts like "deprived, going without etc" and towards more positive thoughts like "choose" etc. I know my naturally slim sister doesn't "feel deprived" because she chooses to only have 1 or 2 chocs out of a box (rather than the half dozen I would usually have - and that's not counting the ones i'd sneak eat!). The thought wouldn't even cross her mind and I know for a fact she is not sitting there a month before hand wondering what she'll eat on the day! She'll eat what she wants to eat and enjoy the moment it when it happens. That's the kind of thinking approach I want to develop :D

I understand everything you're saying, it's just you say your sister is naturally slim, so presumably she has never been overweight? Therefore she would never need to sit and decide in advance how she was going to handle a special occasion or such the like.

I'm so jealous of naturally slim people, I wish I was one, who could eat in moderation and not worry about their weight!

Trouble is, not only do I love food but I also eat my emotions as it were - upset, stressed, happy, you name it, I'll binge eat! Thermos of course until I decided to do something about it:)

I completely agree with what you say about turning negative thoughts into positive ones. When people say to me "I don't know how you do that diet I could never do it" etc. I just tell them that this is a few short months of my life to get to my foal weight and the way I see it is that I am adding years to my life and every day is part of the journey. So on the whole I think I'm being positive!

Rxx

Iv finally made my mind up!

I'm completely ss'ing right over Christmas 100% not even a piece if turkey!

Iv got 4 weeks from Christmas til hubby comes home for his 2 week break...

The look on his face will be better than any Christmas dinner!

Plus we are having our first family Christmas with the baby in Feb with a full dinner then so I won't be missing out!

To focused to spoil it by ending up at the bottom of a tin of roses!

Xxxx

Have you read thedietguy.co.uk? We can learn to think "naturally slim" just the way we learnt to think dysfunctionally about food :)

Goreygirl said:
Have you read thedietguy.co.uk? We can learn to think "naturally slim" just the way we learnt to think dysfunctionally about food :)

Ooh I will definitely check that out! Thanks! Xx

Hope so sweetie or il kick his ass haha xxxx

Hi Romilly,
I first started CD in November 2 years ago - I came off for xmas and here I am I'm still trying to lose my last stone..
I wish that I'd never come off the diet for xmas that year cos I prob would have been at goal in Feb/March 2009..
If you can stick to SS over xmas I would advise 2 - its so hard to get back on track...

Good luck with what ever you do :)

Hahaha!
The other day my fella came to pick me up from the station after work and he drove straight past me even though I was waving my handbag at him like a loony! He said he didn't recognise me because I've lost so much weight! I said yes that but also it's dark and he said honestly I didn't recognise u without your "waddle"!! When he realised I was slightly offended he changed it to my "rocking" but that's the same thing I think! Lol
Xx

Foo Fan said:
Hi Romilly,
I first started CD in November 2 years ago - I came off for xmas and here I am I'm still trying to lose my last stone..
I wish that I'd never come off the diet for xmas that year cos I prob would have been at goal in Feb/March 2009..
If you can stick to SS over xmas I would advise 2 - its so hard to get back on track...

Good luck with what ever you do :)

Thanks so much for your msg foo fan. I will definitely take on board and consider your advice.

I actually have a friend who had lost 6 stone on Cambridge then came off for Xmas and unfortunately never got back on track so I see how hard it can be.

Got lots to consider methinks!

Xx

right.... this is my plan.

got a party on the 18th dec so night off. then i'm having christmas eve off in the sense that i need to be out of ketosis by then, which i should be, so i can have a small drink. then i'm having xmas day and boxing day off and then getting back on track again to get rid of my excess by my birthday 17th jan which i will have off again and go for a meal. then back on again until feb 14th as we'll go out or i'll cook. back on plan. off again for the 4th march as it's hubby's birthday.

practically got the whole year planned out lol :D

Good for u hun - I really think planning is key as then u know when you're coming off the diet rather than coming off it unexpectedly due to temptation or what have you!

Xx

My plan is to be on either SS+ or 810 from the 20th-27th (I weigh in on Mondays) so I will get some food on Christmas day. I'm delaying my 'must eat solid food week' until then.

That's great hun! I have recently decided to do SS+ as I "fell off the wagon" last night by having 3 chicken tikka pieces of my OH's takeaway! Oops x

Back