Christmas and Eating out

Nightwolf

First of all does anyone actually diet through xmas? I plan on taking a week out to stuff my face with the family lol, I wont be eating as much as normal, but its too good a season to watch what we eat, whats all your methods of approach for xmas?

Also how do Slimming Worlders go about eating out? I went to a cafe today and had jacket potatoe and beans, without the cheese, but what if you go for pub lunches etc, how do you cope if the menu doesnt fit the plan?

I was all for staying on the plan but I am now going to have Xmas day and Boxing day off plan but still be sensible. Quality not quantity.

When I go out to eat I usually have a red day and have gammon steak with HEXB jacket potato or steak with jacket potato. Or you could go green and have a jacket spud with baked beans and cheese.

If you are eating out at a chinese, chicken chow mein is only 1.5 syns if you use the chicken as a HEXB.

Hi Nightwolf, last time i ate out i had a steak(free) with jacket potato(Hex) and salad(free) and had a pud with the syns i had saved up over a couple of days, i really enjoyed it and felt good that i hadn't blown the plan. Forward planning is the key. xxx

I would try to stick to the plan as much as possible, but still enjoy yourself and jump straight back on the plan 100% after.

Hi Nightwolf, last time i ate out i had a steak(free) with jacket potato(Hex) and salad(free) and had a pud with the syns i had saved up over a couple of days, i really enjoyed it and felt good that i hadn't blown the plan. Forward planning is the key. xxx

this is what i do too, usually some type of meat and jacket or new pots as HEX and the pud as treat if there is one i like, if not cocktails!!

i plan to stick to the plan as much as poss over xmas with meals and allow myself a few treats like the tubs of twiglets and some crisps, the choc dont bother me, its all the savory!

I plan to stick to it as much as possible too, i know its xmas but i know how i will feel if i put on weight at the next WI. I have worked hard to get to were i am at the mo and don't want to blow it too much. At the end of the day xmas is only for 2 days and saving your syns for the week and using them over these days will keep us going with plenty of treats. Hopefully anyway. xxx

Hiya I suppose it depends on the individual. I personally decided last xmas that I was not going to put on any weight and I was going to be as good as gold food wise. But when all the chockies and xmas food came out my plans of being an angel went out of the window. I put on about a stone over xmas and have only just now got back in control. I intend on having a few goodies this year and will let my self off for it. I think because I was so strict on myself last year I rebelled against myself so I think a bit of leaway is good.

Back