Christmas cake!!

Sez

has started again!!
Well, I dont know if its being on a VLCD, or whatever, but I am Mrs Organised this year, over the big day!!! (You now, the one thats in December, darent say it outloud!!)

Last week or two, I have made pickled eggs (mmmmm, love 'em. My late Mum used to make them for me, this is my first attempt!), an kind of mustardy veg pickle, pickled onions etc. None of these I have ever made before!

Today I have started on my Xmas cake! I am making the recipe in this months Good Food Mag, it s a spicy fruit cake. It contains ginger wine, ground ginger and root ginger, instead of all the usual spices and booze that goes into Xmae cake. My son loves ginger, so he reckons it will be a good'un!

Mind you, I "do" Xmas every year now, since Mum died. Dad and Sis come here with us, and I cater the day. Usually we eat our lunch so late its gone 5pm by the time we finish! We rarely cut the cake on the day itself!!

Ooh, I love Christmas. Just love it!! I think I am worse than the children! I cant wait, the run up, the shopping, the cooking, the entertaining...... seriuolsy, I LOVE it!!!!

:happy036:Your cake sounds yummy, hope it turns out well. You sound like me i love christmas too.Its October you are allowed too talk about it now.

Your well organised Sez:)

I love Christmas Cake and Christmas is my favourite time of the year as well
xmas-smiley-045.gif

woswmann1530.gif

Manga94.gif
wosgeschenk23.gif

Back