Christmas Challenge

Hi all

been busy the last couple of days, but delighted to say I've lost 4lbs this week! yippee.

I'm starting AAM tomorrow, but I have several social occasions so they won't be strict AAM meals so not too hopeful about weight loss this week.

I think I'm ready for some food though, I've been struggling a bit these past few days and a couple of times I've had an extra half a bar, that's the only cheat I've done though.

I've also been struggling to get my water down me and only managing around 1 1/2 litres maximum so I need to make an effort here, especially with the eating this week.

good luck with your weekend ladies

Thats really good for both of you, yeh a stone in 5 weeks is doable!!! Showing my "blonde" side - presumably AAM is add a meal? When you know you have a few hectic social days in any one week do you still have the 3 packs or do you just have 2 and a meal? On the days I know I am eating - I have a roast dinner at my mums tomorrow but I will eat meat and green veg I am going to try and drink extra water....

Fingers crossed we all get thru the weekend unscathed!!! I hate the eating pressure of the weekends but am imagining how I will feel in December a stone lighter!!

TTFN

well done Paula! I guess last weeks little problem is over? you'll definitely make your stone in 5 weeks no problem

Hi Nicola, yes I still have the 3 packs with AAM we have to to make sure you're getting all the nutrients you need.

tonights an italian, I know I must stay away from pizza and pasta so hoping there will be a nice chicken dish

Hey guys, unfortunately last weeks little problem is still lurking! My diary has all of the gory details for those of you with strong stomachs!
Good luck to all you guys, looking at everyones tickers, I think that we're all gonna be very pleasantly surprised by reaching our Christmas goal much earlier than expected!

Have a great Sunday y'all!

back from wi..........

well another week nearer christmas...arghhh!! but at least I have done most of my shopping now!

well just got back from wi and after a week with a few ups and downs CD wise...I am happy to report a 3 1/2lb loss!! so in total that 12 1/2 lost. (as i gained a pound last week!) only 7 1/2 to go to complete the 20lb xmas challenge...and I know with a little bit of effort I could easily do that twice over between now and xmas!

Off to put the shopping away...how are you all doing???

Lou X

I have as of today officially started my xmas shopping. I still cant get my head round the fact that xmas is just round to corner, goodness knows what I am going to get my 10 yr old son, my 4 year old is easy to buy for...

Have had an ok week, my WI is in the morning - have had a few meals this week but have made them the low carb so hope to seem some downward movement on the scales tomorrow!

Well done Lou that's brilliant, it'd be fantastic if we could all zoom past that 20lbs!!!

The nearer we get to Christmas the harder it'll be though probably.

Good luck tomorrow Nicola, mine's Thursday morning

good luck for wi tomorrow Nicola! :p

let us know how you go!
Lou XX

Morning all - another 2.5 lighter which I am pleased with - have had a few meals low carb 790 style meals this week so feel good that I am practising self control!! Have officially started my xmas shopping but have my snotty sneezy four year old home from school today so I will still be hitting the shops on-line!! TTFN x

I have just started the Cambridge diet 4days ago and struggling just now but just keep thinking itll get better. But I would like to loose 1st 7lb for new year ano its not xmas but its only a week later. Any advice on quick weight lose and how 2 control these hunger pangs !

If you stick to it you will easily achieve your goal. It can be a very quick weight loss if you stick to it altho sometimes thats easier said than done... keep drinking the water to fill yourself up or if your desperate the odd coke zero to break the monotony of the water. If your desperate to eat something read your leaflet re the 790 plan and you could have a salad to help you keep on the straight and narrow x

Yes me - starting CD tomorrow - what do I need to do to start the challenge?

Hi Bailey's Mummy, you don't need to do anything just start losing weight !!! some of us have done xmas tickers for the 20lb which is fun but not necessary, if you want to do one just click on any of the tickers and it will take you to the site that creates them, then just copy the code and pop it onto your signature in your user CP.

If you don't do a ticker (and even if you do) just make sure you keep us informed each week how you are getting on and what your WI results are

Good luck, you can do 20lb by XMas no problem.:D

Very well done Nicola, keep it up!

Yippee! 3lbs off this week, that takes me to half way through my challenge (and 24lbs in total). I'm gonna get that next 10lbs off no problem!

Hows everyone else doing?

Thats brilliant Dawn!! I hope I can get to my half way mark next week. I have picked the last couple of days since my weigh-in - which I have recognised as stress eating - but have been A1 perfect today. I have 3 weigh-ins til I go to my first xmas do with my hubs work and and then a further 2 weigh ins til my work xmas lunch on 18th and then girly night on 20th which is when I am officially off the diet for the hols... I really my hope 12.5lbs is doable...

Anyone got any glam xmas do's to look forward to?

Thanks Nicola, I'm sure you'll get to your half way point next week.

I've been calculating that if I carry on the way i'm doing I should be starting to move up the steps by Christmas, I'm hoping that w/c 3rd Dec I'll be AAM, then w/c 10 and 17 Dec I'll be 790, then week commencing 24 Dec 1000!!! that would be so great. I just need to stick to my SS 100% then I should be on track. I was worrying about Xmas but if i'm at 1000 it will be so much easier.

Unfortunately I have no xmas do's to go to, oh I so much wish i did I'm dying to wear a lovely Christmassy outfit :cry: my works xmas dinner should have been tomorrow night (very early I know but they left it so late to book they couldn't get in in December) but very sadly a young man died at our factory last week in a very unpleasant accident so it has been cancelled out of respect. It will be in January now so by then I should be at goal and showing off a very slinky 9stone bod!

I'm just starting my sixth week today and I feel as motivated and as excited as I did on day one, this has been the most amazing journey for me. :character00238:

Thats horribe news re the work accident. It must be awful for the loved ones left behind with Christmas looming.

You must be really proud of yourself! Eventhough I am still a little way off a healthy BMI I am nearing the lowest adult weight I have ever been and haven't been there for some 6 years so a huge thing for me! Once Xmas is out of the way I then want to try and move beyond that and get to a BMI of under 30 which I have never been. You are an inspiration with regard to hearing how well you have done in a short time, I am a serial re-starter and the last time I swore I wouldnt do this again so I am really hoping to break the cycle of the classic yo-yo dieter! I will give myself some slack over xmas and think I will move up to 790 as it gets closer xx Got to go and dish up chicken tikka and rice for the family TORTURE!!!

oooh, chicken tikka, one of my faves, I love creamy indian dishes, they are going to be very few and far between in the future :sigh:

I've tried really healthy recipes for tikka and similar but they just don't taste the same, my stomach's growling now!

actually for a day or two I've been feeling hunger which is very unusual, I am on AAM week but i haven't eaten anything that could have knocked me out of ketosis, perhaps I'd better check anyway. Perhaps it's because I've been raving to anyone who'll listen how wonderful this diet is and how I'm NEVER hungry! I'll keep my mouth shut from now on!

Back