Christmas Challenge

Hello all, I had gained a lb last week and have been so cheesed off about it. I had a couple of things on last weekend but thought I was careful and didn't think I would gain altho I did have my monthly visitor last week - so what did I do, I retaliated by eating more so not good!!!! I now have renewed vigour - and I am starving today so serves me right - I have moved my weigh in to Thursday this week so I am hoping to have at least lost the 1lb I put on so fingers crossed!

On the upside tho I have bought myself a lovely dress in Wallis, a size 16 black - to the floor number which I am really pleased with and it maximises my assets to their full potential! so I am giving myself a pat on the back for that as last Christmas I was bursting out of a size 18 into a size 20 so hoorah for Cambridge!

Don't worry Nicola, this is a new week, I'm sure you'll lose that lb plus some this week! we'll all have things coming up over the next 3/4 weeks that'll make life a bit harder for us, as long as we do it 100% for the rest of the time we'll be ok. It's when you think 'I've got a night out/ big meal coming up tonight so there's no point bothering today' that you fail! Or Saturday you've eaten out so you might as well on Sunday too and start again Monday, that just won't work.

I've got a couple of social events at the end of this week, friday and Saturday but my WI is Friday morning so I'll enjoy Friday and Saturday night but be extra good with my water for the week and aim for 3 - 4 litres a day. I was out this weekend gone and I'm drinking extra water and it's definitely helping.

I'm also drinking green tea and taking cod liver oil capsules as they are both supposed to help weightloss.

Hello to you, yes will try and drink extra this week. I too have a busy weekend socially so am hoping to keep things in check the rest of the time. I already take cod liver oil, but does Green Tea keep you awake? I used to drink something years ago that had that in it (when I tried Herbalife) and I am sure it made be buzz! Can you get it in supermarkets? Looking at your ticker you can't have much more to lose now, you've done really well...

Hi Nicola, no I don't think green tea gives you a buzz, just helps with weight loss and probably has other health benefits too. there's a thread on here for the Green Tea Apprectiation Society! I hate plain green tea but I get it with mint and it's lovely. I used to drink tons of coffee but only have about 1 cup a day now if that which is really weird. you can get green tea in all it's varieties at supermarkets or health stores, I used to love the one with pineapple and grapefruit but of course can't have that on SS.

I've about 16lbs to go now to my goal (8st 13lb) I'm allowing for a possible blip over Christmas but have given myself the deadline of 14th Feb to get there, but I'm sure I can do it before :D

How sad am I, just dashed up to my local Tescos and got some! only got the plain green tea and I think with sweetner its just about drinkable... I will try anything if it helps! Yes I have accepted a blip will occur over Christmas and so am hoping to shift my remainder in Jan/Feb, I am going to Eurodisney at the end of Feb, have been lucky enough to go for the last few years with my boys and my mum and it would be really nice to be slimmer this time round! I must get some work done, I work from home and this website it a great way to procrastinate!! TTFN

Hi a bit late joining just got back from Vietnam lost 6ib whilst away, 3ibs since re fresher :eek: with L.L after 3 days. I am just trying to lose what i can over this period need to do a ticker so will sort that later. Great inspiration from you all and most people doing fab. I need to lose 3 stones in total before March 08.
Off to work bye for now Maria

OOOH Maria, Vietnam, that sounds interesting, and a weight loss whilst you were there! Fabulous!

Tea, I have to put my two-penneth in...as you all know, I live in the land of tea, and know a fair bit about the stuff.

There are so many different types of green teas, but green tea is not the only Chinese tea which is really great for you as an antioxident and fat disperser. The best tea is call Pu'Er tea. It's a little bitter, but it's properties are fantastic. Pu'Er aids weight loss, helps control blood pressure, is an anti-oxident and an anti-carcenegenic. (sp?) My dad had a check up a couple of months back and his BP was up very high, he started drinking Pu'Er and within a month, his BP was normal. He stopped drinking for a couple of weeks 'cos they had ran out and were waiting for me to send some more, and his BP shot right back up. Started drinking again and down the BP has gone again.

Oolong (Wu Long) tea is also very good for aiding weight loss. (It tastes much nicer than Pu'Er too!) It has a similar affect on grease as washing-up liquid so it pulls the oils through your digestive system not allowing them to stick.

One of the best green teas is Long Jin. Lots of anti-oxidents and similar properties as above.

Chinese tea NEVER comes in tea-bags, always loose leaves (except for Pu'Er which comes in bricks.) Good Chinese Tea is VERY expensive (about 50 GBP for the equivalent of about 100 tea-bags.) Chinese tea can have water added to it at least 4-5 times before having to change the leaves (but never leave longer than 24 hours). And, good Chinese tea tastes really, really good. The more you drink, the better it tastes!!! <she says as she sips her taiwanese oolong> mmm

Woohoohoohoo!!!!
5.7 lbs off for me this week, (which I thought would take me to my Christmas Challenge mini-goal, but I still have 0.3lbs to get there!:confused:!)

Hope all of you girls have had a great week and looking forward to catching up!

Wow Paula 5.7lbs!!! that's fantastic, at least you know you'll definitely make the 20lb challenge.

I'm delighted with my 3lb loss on Friday which leaves me with just 1lb to go so I'm also feeling very positive.

I just have 1 more WI which is Monday 17th as I have my step brother and wife visiting from Gibraltar this week and don't want to waste precious time going to my CDC as it's an hour to get to her so it takes up nearly 3 hours.

I have moved to AAM now ready to move up the stages as I only have around 1 stone left to get to my goal

the social side of Christmas is hitting me now, I had a chinese Friday evening and a lunch out Sunday plus I know we will eat out this week, but I'm going to make sensible choices and enjoy what I do eat! Saturday night was a birthday get together with the in-laws and as they just had pizza hut take away I was able to avoid that, it's just when going out I really DON'T want to sit there and not eat. I don't have a problem with falling off the wagon if I have a meal off so I'm not worrying

Not long now Paula till you go home!

Weigh in this morning and another delight....another 2.2 kgs (4.8 lbs)!!!

Have been on CD for 3 months exactly today.
Started on 15th September at 108 kgs (237.6 lbs/1/2 lb off 17 stone :eek:)

15th December WI 82.2 KGS ) (180.84 LBS/ 1 LB off 13 stone

A total loss in 3 months of 25.8 kgs (56 lbs or 4 BLOODY STONE ....WOOOHOOOHOOOHOOO!!!!:D:D:D:D:D
Taking me 4.5 lbs below my Christmas Weight Loss Challenge Target another woohoohoohooooo!!!!!!

Am more than a little delighted this morning!!!!

Hope that you are all doing really well, Dawn, haven't herad from you for a couple of days, hope that all is great with you, I can't believe that you only have a stone to go, that feeling must be so....:cool:

Love to you all, chat later!!!!

Hi all

totally delighted with my final weigh in on Monday 3.5lbs so I've reached and bettered my goal yippeee!!!!

wow Paula, well done to you, you are doing fantastic. I haven't been around as my internet access went down at home and the only time I get to go online lately is at work and I've been off a week (and having withdrawals from minimins!)

I've eaten out a few times lately, almost every other day for the past fortnight and it's no better in the next couple of weeks, but at least I'm still having a loss. I'm very lucky in that if I have a meal off I don't start sliding down that slippery slope, I'm just 100% cambridge the next meal. I'm now supposed to be moving up the stages anyway so my main goal now is simply to maintain over christmas and the new year and get that final 10.5lbs off then. If I did put a little on I won't be devastated but I will be checking regularly and will not allow myself to go beyond that stone.

Friday will be my last day online (unless we get our internet sorted at home) so I'll be regularly on here between now and then.

how's everyone else doing with their final week?

Back