Christmas Day Nibbles

shelleylovesjelly

Hi everyone, I don't know if there is a post like this yet, but I thought it might be good to post some free or low-syn nibbles that people are planning to have around christmas, so we can share ideas! As I usually spend the day nibble nuts, crisps and chocolate, I'm hoping to get by in my first SWXmas if I plan ahead. Plus I'd rather save the syns for xmas cake and a glass of festive cheer!

I'm going to make a selection of tasty dips using natural yoghurt and quark, maybe chilli, garlic, onion flavours? I'll chop up lots of superfree veg to dip in them, the usual suspects of celery and carrot, with maybe something more exotic.

I'm also going to make the mince tarts on the slimming world website, for only about 3 syns they work out much better than the mr kipling classics, so I hope I can do them some justice!

What else are people planning?

Wow thats a great idea chick, im only on my second week of sw and finding it good :) i didnt have a clue about nibbles at xmas but you have really inspired me...Thankyou

I think I'm going to have smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, and maybe make a nice big pot of soup, lots of superfree speedy veg (there is a recipe for one on here somewhere), so people can just warm up a bowl during the day when they get hungry.

I also might chop up my HEA of cheese and stick it on cocktail sticks with pickled onions and some lean ham cubes for a bit of retro glamour!

Ktp said:
Slimming world quiche with smoked salmon.

Meant to say more there, tis really tasty.
Eggs , cottage cheese,mixed herbs , salt and pepper. Mix all together
Get cupcake tray line with smoked salmon and pour the mixture in, bake for about 10-15 mins very yummy
A better recipe is on slimming world website just in case you want measurements etc :)

Recipe on SW site foe some cranberry cookies - at 1.5 syns each I'm going to make a batch for my sweet 'fix'!

Meant to say more there, tis really tasty.
Eggs , cottage cheese,mixed herbs , salt and pepper. Mix all together
Get cupcake tray line with smoked salmon and pour the mixture in, bake for about 10-15 mins very yummy
A better recipe is on slimming world website just in case you want measurements etc :)

This sounds nice, what does the texture come out like? I'm a bit funny with things like quiches and custard tarts, it's the jiggly texture, if it comes out quite firm then I will give this a go!

shelleylovesjelly said:
This sounds nice, what does the texture come out like? I'm a bit funny with things like quiches and custard tarts, it's the jiggly texture, if it comes out quite firm then I will give this a go!

Just make sure and drain the liquid from the cottage cheese and they are firm. I dislike quiche and cottage cheese but love these

These ideas all sound yummy yummy!

Christmas day I will be having what I fancy, but I have asked hubby not to buy me big chocolate presents because I don't want the temptation to be there after Christmas day.

I haven't really thought about nibbles otherwise but actually I think planning a few of these things would be really good for damage control. Sometimes Christmas can turn into a week long event in terms of food, so it will be good to have some of these things at the ready.

Thanks guys! :)

These ideas all sound yummy yummy!

Christmas day I will be having what I fancy, but I have asked hubby not to buy me big chocolate presents because I don't want the temptation to be there after Christmas day.

I haven't really thought about nibbles otherwise but actually I think planning a few of these things would be really good for damage control. Sometimes Christmas can turn into a week long event in terms of food, so it will be good to have some of these things at the ready.
Thanks guys! :)

I know that feeling - I'm going to be really cross if I get any foodie presents - everyone knows I'm slimming so to sabotage is just cruel ....

I'm doing a SW friendly buffet for me, hubby and small person on Christmas Day. She's only 9 months so won't miss a christmas dinner, and me + hubby are both trying to loose weight!

Those chicken bits look great. Also gonna get some cocktail sausages from Joe's, make my own coleslaw, and make up a SW trifle for the pair of us. Oh and some SW mini quiches, plenty of pickles + salady bits, plus HEXA Cheese in cubes, some pasta salad. Oooh and boiled eggs.

Breakfast will most likely be synned white bread made into eggy bread in HEB olive oil, with some fried mushrooms or tinned toms and some bacon, buffet will be ongoing during the day ;)

I have bought NO sweets, and don't intend to. Though there will be baileys. Oh yes, there will be baileys.

View attachment 22493

Not sure if it's true as not check online yet but someone said these were free on EE/red

Party Marinated Chicken Platter, 75 Piece, Chicken Curry Pieces, frozen, 10g each Free

Party Marinated Chicken Platter, 75 Piece, Tandoori Chicken Pieces, frozen, 10g each Free

Party Marinated Chicken Platter, 75 Piece, Oriental Style Chicken Pieces, frozen, 10g each Free

Devils on horseback would be a low syn treat, bacon wrapped round a prune.

Also fresh figs are at thier best around Christmas and also fresh persimmion are quite like dates I think and they are syn free.

smoked salmon, seared scallops,lovely cooked gammon, crab, king prawns,Shredded duck salad ......well it is Christmas.

I have done a Christmas week menu and bought bits and bobs for it in the freezer to spread the cost. I am doing stuff that we wouldnt normally eat due to the expense so it feels like a treat even though its SW friendly.

I have said to myself to have a leeway over Christmas of whatever I have lost in December so that it should be gone by end Jan to cover the inevitible extras.

Back