Christmas Day SW Menu Challenge

Breakfast Omelette made with Tesco HL bacon, tomatos, veg - Free

Main Dinner
Starter- Carrot and lentil soup- Frylight 2 onions, add stock made with bovril, small bag lentils and finely chopped carrots and bring to boil, reduce to simmer for 20-30mins till cooked. Mash using potato masher. Make and freeze a week in advance then defrost overnight. (free)
Main- Turkey (free)
pigs in blankets with syn-free sausages (free)

Roast pots frylighted (free)
Roast bns and parsnips (free)
Peas, Carrots and brussel sprouts,steamed
Champ (scallions and pots) made with HEa milk,divided between 4= 1/4HEa
Gravy- 2syns
Stuffing- made with HEb bread and free sausage meat
Ham with cloves
Cranberry sauce-1tbs= 1syn
Dessert- Fruit kebabs- Thread strawberries, banana, melon and rasberries onto Mikado sticks (0.5 syns each) serve with quark mixed with options hot choc sachet (2syns) and sweetener. (4 sticks = 2syns plus 0.5 for the quark mix as divided between 4 so 4.5syns total)

Tea/Supper Actually won't fit any of the supper in problably but just incase :rolleyes:
Turkey soup with all the leftover and some stock made with bovril, blitzed together
Or meat and cheese platter, using other 3/4 HEa
Or rice pudding with the 3/4 HEa?

Snacks Fruit, carrot sticks, pigs in blankets, walkers french fries (4.5syns)
All drinks for the day
diet pepsi, diluting juice- all free

12 syns in total. I'm sure I'll find something to use those other 3 syns on haha x

Great post Phil, we are deffinately having sprouts (they are cooking already as I type this lol) and goose which is in the freezer. Will let you know the rest later, oh and bisto gravy mmmm. They simple pleasures are the best.

This is really a toughie for me, as I always plan to be good, but then it goes belly up (quite literally!).
Having a band, I cant plan a traditional day anyway, but would probably start with a full SW "english breakfast" - Morrisons sausages (the free ones), mushrooms, bacon, egg, tinned potaotes fried, baked beans.
Lunch would probably be a salad - I know adventurous!
Tea - chicken roast - no dessert, except maybe a Mullerlite yoghurt
Syns would be for gravy, mayonaise and tomato sauce!

I'm going to be a bit of both!

I'm now cooking, not going out.....

Breakfast will be smoke salmon and scrambled eggs (good) with croissants (bad) and fresh juice (the one and only time I ever have it!)

Lunch

Starter - smoked salmon with a rocket and pecan salad and a warm honey and mustard dressing (good & bad but in small quantities!)

Main - roast turkey and roast beef with roast potatoes (fry lighted though) carrots and parsnips roasted with honey and sesame (fry light) sprouts with chestnut butter (bad but oh so gooooood) mashed potato, pigs in blankets, fresh gravy (I'll cheat, this will be from a pot!) oh and stuffing (bad!)

Dessert - there will be Christmas pud with brandy butter for those who want it but I will also make my Special White Chocolate Cheesecake with fresh cranberry sauce. Mmmmmmm.

Supper will be cheese and crackers and nibbly bits. All of which will be super synful!

So, I'll make good choices where I can (fry light not goose fat) but some things like my chestnut butter I can't give up.

It's one day, let's face it, and it comes but once a year!

I won't be making the Christmas meal, I always go around to my mums. This would be the meal I would do. Fortunately my mum has been sooo supportive of me, I think that this might be what I will be having - if I show her the menu - THANKS MUM !!!! :D:D:D

Christmas menu - RED DAY

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with salmon on toast (HEX B)
or
Fry up with bacon, free morrisons sausages, tomato, mushrooms, egg. (all free)
or
Bacon and tomato Butties (Hex B)

Christmas meal

Pumpkin soup (from freezer - made end of October) - pumpkin, onion, garlic, veg stock made from oxo. (FREE)

Turkey (free)
Pigs in blankets (Free sausages & bacon)
Sausagemeat (yup! those free sausages again! split open and meat removed) mixed with herbs
Sprouts
cabbage
carrots
Roast potato (HEX B / Possibly another HEX B - depending which breakfast option you choose) w frylight

Puddings

I'm one of those weird people who doesn't like Christmas pudding or mince pies, so these are puddings that I would like!!

Eton Mess - Free meringue - splenda and egg white
- free fruit
- either a Muller light or FF Fromage frais/quark mixed with splenda

Cranberry & raspberry mousse 1.5 SYNS the whole thing, so split between 4 makes it about 0.5 SYNS per person. But as it's Christmas, and none of the others are on SW, I may just have to have it all to myself !!!!

The next pudding depends on what you choose for breakfast and whether you had and extra potato with your dinner.

HI-FI Cranberry bar (HEX B) crumbled and alternate layered in a glass with a cranberry/raspberry Muller light.

Evening meal

Red pepper soup - from freezer - free - red peppers onion carrot vegetable stock made from oxo.

omelete with quorn sausages - what can I say, I like the taste!- peppers, tomato, onions and mushrooms (If there's any leftover sausagemeat you could put that in) - Make these either individually, or as a BIG omelete. People could then have it as a meal, or if they are not too hungry, snack on it cold.

SNACKS

Savoury

sausage and bacon sticks - FREE SAUSAGES!!! cut into chunks with some bacon on cocktail sticks

Cheese platter (HEX A x 2) with celery, carrots, pineapple (go retro !) spring onion and apples

Any leftover Turkey, Sausagemeat, Sausages served with the FREE BBQ sauce for dipping

And anything else you can think of that is FREE

SWEET

Fruit

Mousse

Free meringue

Frozen muller lights

And anything else you can think of that is FREE

And as far as I'm concerned that now leaves you with between 13.5 (if you eat the WHOLE mousse) and 15 syns to have as.....

Gravy
Cranberry sauce
Crisps
Alcohol
and my personal favourite - CHOCOLATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

MERRY CHRISTMAS MINIS :D:D:D:D

Or I might just go mad and say SOD IT !!!!

Lovely idea for a thread Phil.
but as some of the others have said, it will probably be my day off too - it is only once a year after all and we've all tried so hard all year!!! BUT...if i were to create a menu it would be this....

Breakfast
SW fry up...
Everything cooked in fry light...morrisons sausages, egg, bacon, mushrooms and beans.
Lunch (normally my only meal of the day on xmas day....with picky bits throughout the day of course!)
Starter - Prawn cocktail made with prawns, cucumber, lettuce and tomatos, dressing made from VLF fromage frais mixed with a little tomato sauce (1 syn) and black pepper.
Main - Turkey (skin removed obviously!) Fry light potatos, lots of steamed veggies. swede, potato and carrot mash creamed together with vlf fromage frais, black pepper and chilli flakes, pigs in blankets made with quorn cocktail sausages wrapped in lean bacon. Gravy made with bovril as i like really thin gravy!
Dessert - eton mess made with 2 mini mergingues (2 syns??) mixed with frozen summer berries and VLF fromage frais with sweetner to taste.

Supper would be picky bits so probably some cracker breads (hexB)topped with a small wedge of cheese (hex a) and left over turkey.
with carrot and cucumber fingers dipped in syn free red pepper houmus (recipe board)

Soooo so far have only used 3 syns ish so would have a lovely vodka (2.5 syns) with pepsi max and a slice of lime. and a couple of roses :)

NOW xmas day is gonna look nothing like that from where im standing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this talk of Xmas dinner is making me VERY hungry!!

I can't really do a SW-friendly Xmas, cos we are going to my Dad's and his girlfriend is cooking. But I will probably be fairly restrained food-wise and enjoy a few more drinkies than usual, as I never get to enjoy a few glasses of wine these days!

I am taking the starter on Xmas day, so that will prob be a BNS soup or pumpkin soup, something like that. I may also take along some weetabix/xmas pudding with me, too.

:party0051:I'm afraid my syns will be well up on Christmas Day what with the chocolate, wine and my beloved port :xmascheers: but if I were to be good it would be an EE day with:

Breakfast::innocent0002:
Bacon, poached eggs or scrambled eggs with skimmed milk from HEA, mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans
Cup of tea with skimmed milk from HEA

Dinner::eating:
Carrot & Orange Soup
or
Syn Free Pate with cruditees
or
Tuna Pate stuffed tomatoes

Roast Turkey Crown - no skin, topped with trimmed bacon
Stuffing made from Nimble white bread crumbs (1 syn per serving) with sage and onions sauteed in Fry Light
Potatoes roasted in Fry Light
Mashed potato made from syn free instant mash piped into crowns then roasted to crisp the top
Roasted roots - parsnip/onion/pumpkin
Baked tomatoes
Boiled sprouts, carrots and peas
Syn free sausages wrapped in trimmed bacon
Accompanied with a nice 142ml glass of Rioja for 4.5 syns

Low Syn Trifle made up with fresh fruit, sugar-free jelly and sugar-free jelly mixed with vlf fromage frais. Topped with squirty cream. Total 2 syns per serving
Accompanied with a small 70ml glass of Cava or Champagne 2.5 syns

A cup of coffee with skimmed milk from HEA
and a 1/4 of Scan Bran Christmas Cake 2 syns

Evening Meal:smiley1842:
Left over turkey
Baked Ham
Salad - lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, grapes, apple
Pot Mac Salad 2 syns - pasta, potatoes, tuna, hard boiled eggs, peas, sweetcorn and red peppers, vlf fromage frais and 4 tbsp extra light Hellman's Mayonaisse
Baby beets
Pickled onions and gherkins

Snacks
Mandarins, grapes and other fruit
2 x Alpen light bars (HEB)

Drinks::party0027:
Wine shown above
Tea/Coffee with remaining skimmed milk from HEA
Fruit Tea
Low Cal Squash
Diet Fanta/Diet Coke

Total:
1 x HEA
1 x HEB
14 Syns
Lots of EE Free Food

When I come to write it all down it doesn't sound too bad but I still don't think I'll be that good!!!:flirt2:

:D

Last edited:
I am going to try an SW xmas menu at home this year - my only downfall will be for the wine (but i'm opting for some flexi syns :p) Extra Easy

Brekkie: Grilled Bacon (2 rashers), Portabello Mushrooms, 2 poached eggs and tinned tomatoes or Smoked Salmon served with scarmbled eggs mixed with spring onion and chives on a portabello mushroom (syn free) followed by Honeydew Melon and berries if wanted

Dinner:
Starter: Butternut Squash Soup (made with fried red pepper (frylight), fresh sage and black pepper) very thick and rich mmm
Main: Roast Cockerel, Roast Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes and Parsnips, Roast Chilli Sweet Potato, Brussel Sprouts mixed with fat free creme fraiche and bacon, pigs in blankets (joe's wrapped in bacon fat removed), syn free stuffing (have a recipe somewhere),1 syn gravy (stock, onions, cornflour) 1 syn for 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce
Desert:
Waldorf stuffed pear with Parma Ham - alternative to cheese and biscuits??(2 syns) (recipe on sw site)
serves 4
1 eating apple
2 tbsp lemon juice
28g/1oz Stilton cheese (HEA)
113g/4oz quark skimmed milk soft cheese
1tbsp freshly chopped parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 ripe pears
1 bunch watercress
2 walnut halves
8 thin slices lean Parma ham

Tea / Supper Pickled Onions, Pickled Gherkins, Pickled Beetroot, Toms, Syn Free Coleslaw and Potato Salad, Cucumber
Leftover Cockerel and Roast Ham, Quark (FREE)
HEB - Ryvitas

Snacks - Tangerines Grapes, Celery

1 glass red wine - 6 syns

3 Choccy Fingers 1.5 syns each

Total Syns: 14.5

Last edited:
Just a quick note to thank Malaika for saving Christmas Day for us with her homemade Bailey's Irish Cream at just 0.85 syns per 25ml tot.:D

I'm loving this thread, I'm still thinking of my menu but thought I'd bump this up meanwhile :)

our lovely swc is opening class on the 22nd and 29th of december so i'm going to try and be good, i'll post my menu after i've given it some more thought

Breakfast
3 medallions of bacon all fat trimmed - FREE + French Toast (1 egg whisked - free, with 2 slice from 400g wm loaf - HEXB)
42g light cheese - hexa
30g reduced sugar ketchup 1 syn
glass bucks fizz - 175ml sparkling white wine 6.5 syns + freshly squeezed juice of 1 orange - 1 syn

Lunch
starter:
Homemade lentil soup: leeks, onion, potato, lentils, carrots & onion, ham stock cube - free
main: 2 large slices of turkey breast all fat & skin removed + large fillet steak butterflied cooked to taste all fat removed - free + medley of roasted veg: carrot, onion, parsnip, potatoes - for gravy, I fry an onion in fry light until caramelised, then add boiling water, reduce then add 1 level tsp of bisto reduced salt gravy granules - 1 syn, multiply per person etc then either strain of leave in onions depending on your pref.
dessert: individual baked alaska: asda plain sponge flan case 5 1/2 syns + 100 asda GFY vanilla ice cream - 6 syns + meringue mix (3 egg whites beaten with spenda)

21 syns - will finish later lol

Back