Christmas Dinner Soup :-)

thank you for the recipe, I made this last night it was delish and my 3 year old loved it! Sprouts an' all!

Made this last week with a few tweaks added 1/2 a swede and I shredded the sprouts if my little ones had seen them they wouldnt have eaten it also I didnt whizz it up I put all the ingredients in a big saucepan and just cooked it all together, everyone in my house loved it thanks forthe recipe, will be making again. xx

Just been shopping, in Morrisons they have packs of offcuts from a turkey, will cook it this afternoon and make the soup for Supper, minus the sprouts but with a twist, watch this space! pics to follow.........

Just been shopping, in Morrisons they have packs of offcuts from a turkey, will cook it this afternoon and make the soup for Supper, minus the sprouts but with a twist, watch this space! pics to follow.........

Can't wait to see your twist on the Christmas dinner soup Pete! You're recipes always look so yummy :drool:

Hi All.
Here it is.........................

The twist is "pigs in blankets" as well!

Thanks to all for the idea for this soup, must admit we will have it again tomorrow night, it's weigh-in!

Next version will be using pre-cooked chicken as I prefer it to turkey and as it's already cooked it can go straight into the stock when ready and not have to be pre-cooked.

Pete’s Christmas Soup

Serves 4
Ingredients
Morrison’s British turkey thigh, diced. 325g
4 smoked bacon rashers, all fat removed
2 Sainsbury “be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland sausage (0.5 syn each)
2ltr of Knorr chicken stock pot
Cupful of frozen peas
2 potatoes, peeled
2 medium onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 carrots
1 parsnip
Dried sage
Small box of stuffing mix (optional) Sainsbury’s “Basic Stuffing” made as directed and shaped into 24 little little balls, oven cooked for about 20 mins. (0.45syns each)
Dash of Worcester sauce

Method
Put the turkey meat in a saucepan, cover in chicken stock, keep the rest of the stock, and cook until the meat falls apart, remove and allow to cool, then shred the meat, set to one side.
Cut the sausage open and remove the meat, roll into small sausages and wrap with a small piece of the bacon (makes 8 pigs in blankets 0.5 syn per person) cook in the oven with the stuffing balls, for about 20 mins until cooked & browned.

Lightly fry the rough chopped onions, celery & cloves in a large soup pan. Add the stock, dried sage and peeled roughly chopped potatoes. Peel and chop the carrots & parsnip into small pieces, Leave to simmer for 25 mins until the vegetables are soft then blitz with the hand blender to make a rustic soup base. Season with salt and pepper.

Add the turkey and peas to the soup base & simmer for 20 minutes. Plate up & place the stuffing balls & pigs in blankets on the top of the soup.
ChristmasSoupSmall.jpg

Wow Pete that looks AMAZING :)

Thanks SOO much for this recipe! Just made it and cannot wait untill lunch tomorrow! Have my mini stuffing balls and mini pigs in blankets ready made in the fridge for cooking and adding tomorrow! The soup is divine :)

WOW!!!! I'm loving the response to this recipe!! I'm going to make a huge batch myself again this weekend - need to get into the festive spirit as someone appears to have stolen mine this year!

Barsi it is gorgeous! Enjoyed my lunch soooo much! Adding the mini pigs in blankets made it even more lovely! Had 2 mini pigs in blankets and 3 mini stuffing balls in my portion, totaling 2 syns! This is gonna be a new fave recipie of mine! And it wont just be used over christmas :)

Back