Christmas menu

samwood

What would be you perfect Christmas Day menu?

mine would have to be

prawn cocktail
turkey with all the trimmings
some sort of chocolate cake

coffee with after dinner mints

2 courses could be done within SW with low syn values but he last 2 would take me over my 15 syns

Hmmm this year - think we are having

Not sure whether to have starter but would probably have prawns if did
Turkey, beef and trimmings
And pud will probably be mince pies/chocs and saw a chocolate bombe that saw and thought kids might like.
We are going to mums boxing day which has influenced choice of meats as she does gammon beautifully so will wait to have hers cold rather than doing own, I also love duck and goose at xmas but not on menu this year partly because of cost and partly cos hubbys cooking! I also love xmas pu but hope to get that boxing day too as noone else here is that bothered so a waste for me to get one just for me!
I just lurveeeee all the food if honest lol there's usually a homemade cheesecake at mums baileys white choc being my fave mmmmm can't wait! Oh and the cheeses the bluer the better!

For the first time in years - I am not cooking xmas day we are going to daughters mother in laws home and she is cooking (with the help of son in law)

I think we are having :
Home made soup for starters
Then a choice of Beef, Gammon(ham) or chicken - none of us are turkey fans
All the trimmings ( lots of veg for me)
Son in law wants to make a peach cobbler with home made ice cream for afters , but after eating a starter and massive lunch I dont know if i will have room lol

Then after 8 mints yummy

I am cooking for xmas day as I'm at work, lol. But will try and food optimise where possible:

roast will be easy, seeing as I'm vegan most of it is free, except for stuffing (which is essential), a bit of honey for the parsnips, and a home made nut roast which will be astronomical in syns.

Boxing day I finish work, and go to OH's mums for lunch, she will put on a massive spread, then on to my mums in the evening for Christmas 2. With another roast dinner :(

I am going to have 2 days off plan, as I will be drinking at my mums, eating lots, and will be stuck in at work for 2 days surrounded by food and bored out of my skull (so eating)...I think xmas will be harder as a vegan on slimming world as there is no free 'meat' or even meat replacement stuff (i don't eat quorn) so EVERYTHING must be syns except for veg and spuds.

We are having at ours for the first time :eek: having my parents and sister over.
We are not having starters- find it too much
Main is Lamb with veg and spuds and Yorkshires ( no one is a fan of turkey)
For pudding it will be a trifle that I will make
Then in the evening it will be pastries, rolls, cold meats and of course cheese and biscuits :)

Plan to have 2 days off as at MIL for Boxing Day :D

No starter for us

M& S Lamb shoulder with salt and pepper crust
SW roast pots
carrots and turnips
sprouts
peas
gravy (of course)
yorkshire pudding:rolleyes:

Raspberry and mascapone roulade (too gorgeous for words)

mince pies later (BRING IT ON ) LICKING LIPS LOL

I will be feasting on fruits with vegan cream, vegan choc (small box of course!) and am making mince pies and gingerbread with the boys at work so will be licking bowls/'tasting' :/

YUM YUM

How do you make your garlic mushrooms?

My boyfriend made some the other day by literally just crushing some garlic on top of mushrooms and baking in the oven, they were lovely

No idea what my perfect Christmas dinner would be, but I'm at my mums for Christmas this year and will be having

Starter - melon (choice of melon or pate on toast and although I'm expecting a gain over Christmas I'm making the better choice here)
Main - roast turkey with all the trimmings
Pudding - usually Christmas pud or Christmas cake, but mums talking about getting a chocolate ice-cream cake this year so might have some of that... depending on how full I am, otherwise I might just skip straight to coffee and mints :)

How do you make your garlic mushrooms?

I wash button mushrooms dry fry them for a minute place on a baking tray spray with fry light buttery and sprinkle garlic and thyme over them. Then bake for about 10 mins. They are lovely and people never know they are slimming world friendly.

I wash button mushrooms dry fry them for a minute place on a baking tray spray with fry light buttery and sprinkle garlic and thyme over them. Then bake for about 10 mins. They are lovely and people never know they are slimming world friendly.

Ohh I'm going to try them tonight. See if Ivan get over my bad day yest :(

What I would have had pre-Slimming World
Breakfast:
Bacon Sandwiches
Dinner
Chicken Liver Pate with toast
Turkey, Ham, loads of Stuffing (Paxo) loads of Pigs in blankets, Sprouts, Carrots, Roasties and Gravy
Christmas Pud with lashings of cold single cream
Garlic Roule, Wensleydale and Cranberries and Bavarian Smoked Cheese and lots of hovis and ritz crackers.
After eight mints and coffee!

Tea:
Salmon Sandwiches, Pork Pie, Sausage Rolls, Cold Meats, Pickled Eggs, Cheese, Peanuts, twiglets, Cashews, Trifle, Mince Pies, Choc Log.
That would be my perfect menu for the day, can see why I got so big!:eek:

This year it will be: Flexi Synned 50 syns limit

Fruit and yoghurt for brekkie

Dinner
Turkey, paxo(synned) syn free pigs in blankets, sprouts, carrots, frylight roasties, gravy (synned).
Christmas pud, synned with a vanilla muller poured over.

Tea
Syn free scotch eggs,Pickels eggs, salmon sandwiches made with wholemeal bread Hex B, Syn Free Chicken Liver Pate with cucumber cups, Apple, Pomegranate. Syns for nuts and chocolate and velvet crunch and twiglets.

Probably won't fit it all in either!:D

On plan for Christmas Eve and Boxing day and New year.

I'm gonna flexi syn on xmas day - probs 40-50 syns - I won't be drinking as I'm at work all day, but I want a nut roast, stuffing, gravy and some chocolates...no way of doing that on 15 syns LOL.

The other staff at work want a fry up (!!!!) on xmas morning, I will probs have one too but a vegan one is syn free.

Breakfast - 2x nimble (HEXB1) baked beans and scrambled tofu. ketchup (1)
Lunch - loads of fruit, chocs, crackers and hummous etc. leaving 15 syns for this and snacks.
Dinner - LOADS of veg, gravy (2), nut roast (about 5 - use some of the nuts as HEXB2), roasted spuds in oil (6), stuffing (not sure how much - but i eat a lot of it, as I don't have meat or yorkshires)
Home made mince pies and gingerbread for snacks/dessert.

Saying that I probs won't eat all of that. and I'll be at work so super bored. will be trying to keep myself busy.

Back