Calories 800. One stone to lose !

Arty87

Day 1:

So stepped on the dreaded scales - 13 stone 4.

At 5 ft 11 I normally weigh 12 stone which is perfect for me and a weight I am always happy at as it allows me to wear size 10 clothes and not worry about what I’m wearing. I can comfortably run / play sports at etc.

I’ve been fine the first 9 months of lockdown but winter (following Christmas) has been particularly bad mentally for me so this was when the stone crept on.
I’m aiming to get back down to 12 stone by the 14th of May, so 5 weeks all in all on the Exante 800. Praying I can do this, worried mainly for these first few days especially with fatigue at work as I just started a brand new job yesterday!! Today is a day off so thought a good day to start a diet. Trying to eat every day inside an 8 hour window, the times will probably fluctuate due to early starts on work days.

Breakfast 9am - Exante Toffee Caramel shake blitzed with a blender and some ice. Fit it all into a pint glass. Tasty, easy to go down.

Lunch 12pm - Exante hot cross bun bar. I could kill my husband for finishing the coffee off so this was a hard one to swallow dry - literally. Not overly keen on the taste of this one!!
(I grabbed a can of Coke Zero to wash it down).

Dinner 3pm - I needed food, I couldn’t cope without actual food. So I cooked a 200 calorie meal of quorn chicken breast fillets with carrot and broccoli. It was AMAZING

Final food 5pm - cooked 3 medium/small boiled eggs, comes in at 210 calories.

All in all I’ve had 800ish calories. Drank 4 litres of water. 2 cans of Coke Zero. I don’t know why I feel emotional, I think it’s because I want chocolate, I’m anticipating the longevity of this plan, and I hate my new job!! Second day of diet and second day in the job tomorrow, here’s hoping I can cope on diet whilst there.

Last edited:
Welcome, Arty. 'm sorry you hate yr new job - hope that gets better and you will shimmy your way through that stone. Good luck!

Day 2.

Woke up at 6am for work. Woke up emotional, had horrible night of nightmares and just genuinely feeling in a low mood - I swear it’s the lack of chocolate yesterday lol.

7am Breakfast - Exante Lemon bar with a cup of coffee. Finished the coffee before I finished the bar so had to push it with a glass of water. It was so dry needed a swig of fluids with each bite !

10:45 quick break - threw an Exante Salted Caramel bar into me with a cup of coffee. Actually pretty tasty.

12:15 lunch - vegetarian subway salad. Apparently the calorie count is super low for these, less than 200 but I’ll consider it a 200 calorie meal. Filled me up SO MUCH!
Struggling with water at work, only 1 litre consumed so far.

17:00 snack after work - 3 boiled eggs! I felt ready to collapse I was so hungry !!

18:50 and needed a kick - had an apple! 52 calories when weighed.

I’m aware my diets more x2 Exante products and x2 normal 200 calorie meals but I’m hopeful this will still work for me as overestimating today here at approx 850 calories again in all.
Might try 3 Exante products tomorrow !
4 litres of water consumed again in total

Welcome, Arty. 'm sorry you hate yr new job - hope that gets better and you will shimmy your way through that stone. Good luck!
Hi AliGal,
Thanks so much for the welcome. Today was better in the new job but still feel so overwhelmed. Don’t think staff are the friendliest but just trying to get through the shifts at the minute lol. Off now the next 3 days so hopeful to have a better control of the diet and emotions by then lol xxx

I found your diary 😃. Are you a veggie? I am a veggie too (well vegan). I was okay until Christmas as well. Seems we both fell off a cliff at the same time. Good luck today 🥰

I think making resolutions and taking action to sort out our bodes is emotional. Hope you have a good 3 days.

Day 3
Woke up fresh 7:30 this morning. Wasn’t even overly hungry on waking.

Breakfast 9am - tried the Exante Hot Cross Bun Bar again with a cup of coffee. I really want to like the bars but my God they’re just SO DRY!!! Ate the majority but felt almost queasy on my last bite.

Lunch 12:20 - 3 boiled eggs, I couldn’t resist !!! These are such a filler!!!! I miss having some buttery toast to dunk in but still satisfying all the same. Medium to small eggs today so less than 200 calories but will calculate as 200.

Snack 14:30 - Exante strawberry shake, blitzed with ice in a blender. The shakes are so easy to get down and really tasty. These are easier for me to have on days off work with the blender getting rid of all the chalky residue.

Dinner 16:15 - cooked a curry !!!! It was delicious, so made up! 230 calories in total using mayflower curry powder (extra hot!), quorn chicken pieces, onion, mushroom, and cauliflower rice. My mouth was on fire and it felt like an actual takeaway curry. Saturday cravings complete lol.
3 litres of water consumed today.

20:00 - Saturday cravings definitely not complete, took a few pieces of my child’s Terry’s chocolate orange!! Screw it, it was worth it lol.

I’ll over estimate at 1000 calories taken in today. I’ll live with the guilt, it’s Saturday night, I’m straight back on it tomorrrow. X

I found your diary 😃. Are you a veggie? I am a veggie too (well vegan). I was okay until Christmas as well. Seems we both fell off a cliff at the same time. Good luck today 🥰
Hello !!! No would you believe I’m not actually a veggie by choice but for main meals etc I’m always more drawn to the veggie options haha.
Its been a tough winter, who can blame us!! We’ve got this !!! Xxx

I
Hello !!! No would you believe I’m not actually a veggie by choice but for main meals etc I’m always more drawn to the veggie options haha.
Its been a tough winter, who can blame us!! We’ve got this !!! Xxx
Absolutely!! 🥰

Day 4.

Up for 8am, feeling great.

Considering changing this from an Exante 800 diet to just an 800 calorie plan lol. The Exante products are making me HEAVE. Tried the chocolate bar for breakfast, chewed it twice and spat straight into the bin. Absolute no.
I don’t mind the shakes as much so I will continue with those until the box I have is finished but I’m gonna focus primarily on only consuming 800 calories a day by whatever means.
Saturday I’ve decided will be a treat day every week where I can go over calories with one chocolate bar and one packet of crisps lol. It will get me through the work week I know it will!!

Breakfast 10:50 - Exante gingerbread shake blitzed in the blender with ice. Made a full pint. Really tasty.

Lunch 12:50 - 3 small/medium boiled eggs !! So satisfying every time haha.

Dinner 16:30 - subway salad - vegetarian option again, the substitute is called ‘tastes like chicken’. SO DELICIOUS !!! Approx 200 calories.

After dinner snack - an apple.

Total calorie intake today - 650.
4 litres of water consumed.

Day 4.

Up for 8am, feeling great.

Considering changing this from an Exante 800 diet to just an 800 calorie plan lol. The Exante products are making me HEAVE. Tried the chocolate bar for breakfast, chewed it twice and spat straight into the bin. Absolute no.
I don’t mind the shakes as much so I will continue with those until the box I have is finished but I’m gonna focus primarily on only consuming 800 calories a day by whatever means.
Saturday I’ve decided will be a treat day every week where I can go over calories with one chocolate bar and one packet of crisps lol. It will get me through the work week I know it will!!

Breakfast 10:50 - Exante gingerbread shake blitzed in the blender with ice. Made a full pint. Really tasty.

Lunch 12:50 - 3 small/medium boiled eggs !! So satisfying every time haha.

Dinner 16:30 - subway salad - vegetarian option again, the substitute is called ‘tastes like chicken’. SO DELICIOUS !!! Approx 200 calories.

After dinner snack - an apple.

Total calorie intake today - 650.
4 litres of water consumed.
You are doing so well I don't know how you cope with it so few calories. I admire you. Well done.

Day 5

Awoken by my child at 7am! School run, always a crazy and hectic day in our house, no matter how early we rise!! (I don’t drive so public transport / walking is manic).
I can’t eat or drink prior to leaving for school as I desperately need a wee on arrival lol.

Breakfast 10:15 - Exante chocolate caramel bar with a cup of coffee. Probably the most edible bar of them all but still not what I’d call nice. Ate 3/4 of it.

Lunch 12:50 my trusty boiled eggs haha. Free range as always, the yolk is so orange, they’re just delicious and so filling !!!

Dinner 15:50 Quorn mince meat with onion and mushroom in basil pasata sauce with chilli flakes and garlic, and cauliflower rice. Unbelievable !!! Comes in at just under 200 calories when everything measured out.

Snack 18:10 Grenade Carb Killa bar (salted caramel flavour!) SWEET JESUS ! So I bought these as a try out to replace the GOD AWFUL Exante bars! These are high protein, low calorie. 220 calories for the bar, which tastes like a big slab of cake. Oh my god unbelievable!!!! Really happy with this find !!

Dreading tomorrow, back in the horrible new job. Getting actual stomach flips at the thought of being in there tomorrow! The hunger seems to hit me harder at work and it’s harder to get the water in, so also dreading that.

820 calories in total today.
4.5 litres of water.

You are doing amazing!! That bar sounds delicious they need to do a vegan one. They actually keep popping up as a Facebook advert on my newsfeed and I thought the look ace.

Good luck at your job. The first day back ia always the worse. Hopefully by this evening you'll wonder what you were nervous about. Have a lovely day. Xxxx

Day 6

7 am - Breakfast - x2 Aldi wetabix with skimmed milk. Approx 180 calories. Needed something stodgy because the mornings can be long in this job without a break.

11 am - Quick break. Threw the Carb Killa bar into me with a coffee! Desperately needed, felt ready to faint was so hungry !!

12:15 - Lunch. Purchased an Asda low calorie chicken curry - 283 calories. This will probably put me slightly over today but I’m ok with that. I cannot function on this job on the bare minimum. Apple for after lol.

18:00 - after work snack. My trusty 3 boiled eggs !!

Absolutely manic day today, not the most enjoyable emotionally. Hoping tomorrow’s better. Xxx

923 calories approx consumed. 4.5 litres water consumed

Wow well done. I don't know how you eat so little. I wish I was like you. You're smashing this diet!!

Thank you so much, honest to God you’re so kind. I’m really looking forward to weighing myself because I already feel better in myself like less bloat etc xxx
That's really good. It's the best feeling when you start to feel better about yourself. Xx

Day 7
Bit of a crazy and completely unplanned day today!! An unexpected situation arose lastnight so dealing with the aftermath of that this morning! (Nothing bad, no one harmed lol but all routine out the window this morning!)

So up for 7am. Dropped son into school late.

Husband and I found ourselves together and free so popped a local restaurant for some outdoor dining.

Brunch - 11am. Had a dish of x3 fried egg and 2 vegan sausage. I can’t even recall the name of the dish haha but that was literally the ingredients. It came with a side of bread which I declined. The menu stated the meal came to approx 283 calories so I’ll round it to 300 lol.

Dinner 16:00 - a veggie 215 a portion cottage pie I took 2 portions because it’s been a MENTAL day lol. So 430 approx in total.

Snack - 21:00 - barely home, I can’t stress how crazy and outta sorts this day has been. Ate my carbKilla bar literally because I wanted it and felt it was deserved lol.

Managed to get the 3 litres of water in today, just about!! Tomorrow is my first weigh day. I’m nervous about it with today being so random, although likely to never happen again lol.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings. I’ve had an enjoyable day, weird as it’s been.

Total is approx 1000 calories today.

Awww sounds nice being able to eat out. I'm.looking forward to it Saturday. It does sound like a nice day.

So I’ve weighed myself this morning, 5 pound off!!!! I am DELIGHTED !!!! Now back in the 12 stone bracket (barely lol) at 12 stone 13 but I am SO HAPPY !!

I can’t stress how much I’ve needed this boost. So happy xxx

Back