Christmas Party

Happy Holidays

Gold Member
Hi all please help. We have our Christmas party soon & I have to decide what I will be eating. I'm going for a red day, & I've sorted my starter & main, but what about pudding:confused:

The options are
  • Christmas Pudding with hot brandy sauce.
  • Pistachio & honey parfait (consisting of pistachios and honey, bound with egg yolk and double cream, blended with vanilla pods, set in a terrine, accompanied with a tuille biscuit and winterberries)
  • Chocolate Marquise (Rich Belgian chocolate mixed with egg yolks and cream, sat on a ginger biscuit base, topped with candied orange zest, circled with an orange anglaise sauce)
  • Cheese and biscuits - Served with celery, home made fruit chutney and grapes, accompanied by a selection of biscuits.
I fancy either Christmas Pud or Cheese & biscuits, but really want to know what you think will have the least amount of syns in as I'll be using my syns on wine :)

Hi all please help. We have our Christmas party soon & I have to decide what I will be eating. I'm going for a red day, & I've sorted my starter & main, but what about pudding:confused:

The options are
  • Christmas Pudding with hot brandy sauce.
  • Pistachio & honey parfait (consisting of pistachios and honey, bound with egg yolk and double cream, blended with vanilla pods, set in a terrine, accompanied with a tuille biscuit and winterberries)
  • Chocolate Marquise (Rich Belgian chocolate mixed with egg yolks and cream, sat on a ginger biscuit base, topped with candied orange zest, circled with an orange anglaise sauce)
  • Cheese and biscuits - Served with celery, home made fruit chutney and grapes, accompanied by a selection of biscuits.
I fancy either Christmas Pud or Cheese & biscuits, but really want to know what you think will have the least amount of syns in as I'll be using my syns on wine :)

You know what. This probably isn't the answer your looking for....or maybe it is ;), but I would just say that Crimbo is only once a year. The party is just one day in the week. Unless you have lot's going on that week and won't be able to reduce your syns for the rest of the week, I would say just enjoy yourself.

If you do have a lot on that week and will be using your syns and maybe even more each day then I would probably go for whichever I liked the most, cos they all look pretty similar syns wise. Unless you save an A box and have some cheese and crackers, there's not a lot to separate the syns in the puddings.

Its only a meal hun, you should be going for the company not the food. Stick to plan, go for the cheese (HEA) minus the biscuits with celery and ask for extra grapes. You will feel so proud of yourself the next day and will have had a wonderfull evening regardless of the food.

Its only a meal hun, you should be going for the company not the food. Stick to plan, go for the cheese (HEA) minus the biscuits with celery and ask for extra grapes. You will feel so proud of yourself the next day and will have had a wonderfull evening regardless of the food.

I do want to be good & think this is a brill idea; I do tend to always use my syns on wine & chocs - I have a date with the mother in law every Saturday & if I'm out that night she will make it another night :rolleyes: So that is were I use my syns, she doesn't know I do SW because I think she would encourage me to eat more chocs :eek:

Thank you all for your replies I feel much more in control now :)

Back