Christmas Plans Anyone?

What are you planning to do over Christmas?

• Refeed before Christmas

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Continue LT over the Christmas holiday

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Stay on LT and have some food

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Will decide nearer the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Chesca

Hello all you lovely people!! :wavey:

What has everyone planned to do over the Christmas period? I was asked this in an earlier thread and wondered what everyone else was doing...

I will add a poll to this as I am really interested in the results...

I have decided, after a lot of thought, that I will continue on Lipotrim over the Christmas holiday (no xmas dinner, drinks etc) and continue until i reach my goal - which will hopefully next summer. I'm trying to tell myself it's just a few days. I know how hard it is to stop and restart, I want to finish dieting, i am NEVER dieting AGAIN, lol. I was fed well by my mother as a child and so have never been slim, and I have struggled with my weight in a bad way since our first son was born when I was 18/19 (now 26). :cry:

A lot of my thinner friends were upset at the fact I won't be out drinking over Christmas, infact one of them called me boring, lol. I have other friends starting their diets after the New Year and asked me why don't I wait, but I feel the time is now for me and i want to keep going until I reach my goal.

I will be cooking the family Christmas dinner but resist, lolol.

Luv Chesca xx

hey chick
i am continuing with lt through because i have come so far and no how hard the first week was and i swear i couldnt go through it again, plus i really really really want to be thin more than i want sweets and food lol x x x

Wow so hopefull you are doing such an amazing job! What an inspiration to others. I think xmas is just one day really, next christmas will be fantastic for a lot of LTer's who will be at goal and getting used to their new bodies. Good luck to you both xx

Well done you guys, personally I think that you've made the right choice. I didn't have as much to lose as you but if I hadn't got to have this bloody operation I would have carried right on.........

There will be other Christmases, thin ones where you get to wear gorgeous clothes and go to parties and have a great time. I'd be awfully worried about trying to get back on LT after a break and, even worse, not getting back on it at all and ending up back at square one.......you only have to read this forum to know that success, and long-term maintenance is far from guaranteed!

Be strong, it's worth it and, to quote Loreal, so are you x

xmas is a double edge sword the best way to look at it is
that you will only help your weight loss by continuing over the festive period as if like me your food intake does increase and as for xmas day i would have a bacon butty or two then a 3 course xmas lunch then some of the chocolates i had been bought at night! and no exercise there is a few pounds lost or not added in one day
Also just imagine how you will feel next xmas slimmer and fitter and looking dapper in your new clobber

oh I dont know what to do now over crimbo after reading all the replies - fair play to you guys for sticking with it. I was thinking that if I refeed then I could have a little...in case if i am having nothing i fear I may fall of the wagon I may go mad altogether!
:sigh:

Im going to refeed on the 18th, but i'm hoping to treat Christmas Day as a Day!!!!! not a two week binge like a usually do,

I'll be having my shake as usual, its going to be hard but to be honest I never ate all the foods everyone else does anyway, all I'll miss is the roast potatoes and sweetcorn! (oh and sausage wrapped in bacon) but hey its only one meal!
Julie

I am starting a 2 week refeed on 6 December, enjoying my Xmas (HOPEFULLY with a little more control), and in the worst case, coming back on here in the New Year.. If i don't have too much to lose, i will start WW ProPoints in January x x

Hats off to those strong enough to stay on track over Chrimbo x x

I'm planning to refeed the same week from December 7th. Originally I said that I would keep going over Christmas but it's been a tough couple of months and I really want to be able to really enjoy my nights out at Christmas. Not that I'm going to be scoffing treats and knocking back the drinks with abandon but for me I think the right thing is to refeed. I'll be fairly close to my goal by that time (here's hoping) and I think leaving the last stone or so to lose on WW is a sensible choice for me and it will help me to learn to lose while eating sensibly. Also, tbh, I have reached my peak with this diet. It is a great way to lose weight but I am ready to finish now, I feel better and clothes fit better...that's nearly as much as I could have asked for :)

I admire all those of you who are staying tfr for Christmas, make sure to log on here during the day for support, we'll all be here at some point or another to keep you going xxx

Im sticking on plan but having my Christmas lunch - as someone else said treating it as 1 day.
My reason is I have 3 young kids who are already missing me sitting eating with them and also my Father in Law is very ill and this could realistically be his last christmas and so I want a lovely family day.
Im having a shake for breakfast and teatime and hoping for the best - Whatever will be will be.

I'm going to refeed a week before Christmas and have a weeks break and come back on TFR in the New Year.
My reasons are although I had a week off when I was on holiday, I feel doing this with a break in between will help me stay more focused and not just that, it's my sons first Christmas and I don't want to look back in years to come and feel like I was just sat in the corner whilst everyone had Christmas dinner, including my son because he's now able to eat pureed food and I want to enjoy myself.
However, that said, I don't intend to go insane, otherwise I'm learning nothing. I am wanting to test myself to get myself in the right frame of mind for when I reach goal and that means eating healthily and spreading the treats out rather than eating like they are going out of fashion.
Well done to those who are going to be staying on TFR over Christmas, I had considered it, but going by the way I felt when I was on holiday, I'm not going to even attempt to stay on because I know I'll jump off, so refeeding is the best option for me.

Ive stopped and started LT a few times now and I swear it's just not worth coming off it to eat, it's so hard to get back into the swing of it after eating and the food never tastes as good as you imagine it will either what with LT *resetting* your tastebuds. Last year I was on LT and I skipped xmas but I ended up falling off the wagon in February. This year I am skipping Christmas again because, as someone already said, I want to be slim and healthy more than I want to gorge on food and drink for 1 day. Besides, sticking with it will get me to goal all the sooner and that sounds like a definite selling point to me!

Good luck to everyone who is staying on LT over xmas, it's gonna be hard but we're not alone, we can do this! x

I hope to re feed before xmas and be on maintenance, i have no plans of drinking alcohol over the festive season as i've been out a few times and not missed it at all, Long may it last..no more hang overs!!!!!
As for xmas day im going to have a nice well balanced dinner and will put my fork down when im full up!!!
I will prob have shake in the morning and evening. Im not going to deny myself anything however i will take everything in moderation maybe one chocolate instead of a whole selection box etc x

I've spent to many Christmas' on one diet or another (including TFR) and restricting myself, and being miserable in the hope that next year will be a good one as I'd be thin. I never have been! I'm still fat! So, a few years back I made the decision that I would never spend another Christmas on another diet. I see it the other way around. It's only a week (Chritmas is a week you know, not one day! Well, at least it's that way in my world. My birthday's similar :) lol) of not dieting and then I can get back on track come New Year. Jan is notoriously good for getting going on a diet :)

Good luck all in whatever decision you make. It's obviously a personal one that we can only make for ourselves :)

xx

Back