Christmas plans??

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
Hi my lovelies!

Just ondering what you all plan to do about the big day!!

Will u have christmas off or carry on??

Christmas is about half way to my goal of my hubby coming back from Afghan so feel as though a little treat would be ok... problem is im so focused now i dont know if il be able to actually put the fod in my mouth!!!

If i do manage it... petrified it will turn into an all out binge lasting to new year and beyond lol

so.. what are you going to do to avoid the festive weight gain?

xxx

At Christmas I should be around goal, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to eat 'normally' around that time. I'll hopefully have gone up to at least 1000calories a day and will just have to be careful what I eat to avoid putting loads of weight back on!

But I reckon I'll regret it if I don't have my christmas lunch (which is all good stuff anyways) and a little treat. Like you, I'm really focussed, and it's a bit scary thinking about eating normal food. But I'm sure with your focus you will manage :)

ive discussed this already with my lovely CDC. She is going to build me up to the christmas season where I will have crimbo dinner but without the carbs. Just meat and veggies and possibly a smidge of gravy. I know its intake suicide but Im not going to sit there with a shake in my hand, a paper crown on my head and blow a paper trumpet whilst pretending Im loving it!

I am going to have 2 meals off CD.

1 for works do, but having steak and salad, so shouldn't be too bad on the carbs.

2 for xmas dinner, will have everything, but having the same size plates as my kids, so hopefully, get the enjoyment and cut down on the calories, however will knock me out of ketosis, but think its worth it for one day.

I do have a works fuddle but not sure what to do about that, will probably stuff myself stupid. might have to have the day off lol!

Irene - that's what I'm thinking of doing as going to put a tree up in April and have our first Christmas together as a family with presents, dinner, crackers the lot!

Think I may just go ahead with that as I have such a strict goal!

Xxx

The rest of you seem to have Sussed it especially with the smaller plate and sticking to meat etc!!

Xxx

They actually advise we should all be eating off side plates as dinner plates have grown at least 3cms in diameter over the last 15 years meaning we pile more food on our plate to fill it! My sister started doing this when she was diagnosed as diabetic (on advice of her dietician) and the "dinner" plates now hardly see light of day.

Irene - that's what I'm thinking of doing as going to put a tree up in April and have our first Christmas together as a family with presents, dinner, crackers the lot!

Xxx

That's such a good idea Lauren! And it will mean so much to the both of you and be a lovely family memory for you all :D And you can also treat yourself to some sexy lingerie ;)

Me too Shazza.

I have my works party on the 18th and will be coming off plan, healthy choices of course. I didn't go to the last one as I couldn't find anything to wear and hated myself so I fully intend to enjoy myself this year (and wear something fabulous to boot).

I will be having Xmas Dinner also and will have turkey and veggies.

Hiya, I've decided to take Christmas day off, as it's the one day in the year my whole family gets together. We used to BBQ on the beach when we still lived in South Africa, so it was difficult to adapt to a cold winter. However, the last few years we've been having a healthy roast dinner (my mom doesn't use anything fatty), with a small apple crumble for desert to share. I am working nightshift on Christmas, so I will have a small Christmas lunch and then be on the shakes for the rest of the day. :)

I'm planning to either have an 810 day or week at Christmas, and just eat that at the table: small amount of fish and three tablespoons of veggies.

I will be in Egypt for Christmas and have decided that I will eating that week, wont be eating any cakes (they are my main weakness)and will limit carbs as far as possible but, cannot say I wont have a couple of Brandy's in the evenings. Will aim to limit the damage as much as possible but, not to the point that it will exclude me from celebrating and having fun.!
I know it may be hard to get back on track but, I get home in the late evening of the 31st Dec....just in time for the New Year diet frenzy of the whole population!

Xxx

We used to have Christmas at all times of the year depending on when my Dad was home. It made it more special and now has given me some lovely memories - in particular Christmas in a blazing hot July with some lovely friends on our doorstep all wrapped up like it was snowing singing carols! xx

Back