Christmas present thread

WOW! I want one of these for Christmas! Haha this is amazing! Might copy this idea for my nanny kids! :)

Go for it, when I bought the candy sticks I took one out of the packet so I knew what size 'sleigh' I could buy. I'm torn between these for the pressies

EX718P_21.jpg

or I saw some in Avon, I'll have to decide soon though!!!!

Spoke to my mam at the weekend who is away on her jollies. She's bought a Pandora necklace and matching earrings and has asked that my dad, my brother and I chip in together and make that her Christmas gift. So that's another one sorted! Might also get her some slippers or PJ's, just so she has a little surprise to unwrap x

Really struggling this year! On a very tight budget- self employed an had no work for the last 2weeks, with little on the cards for the next 3! We also get married in June :-/
Hoping to get creative and make some gifts!

I love home made gifts, my sister made some chutney recently & I tasted it last night delicious. My daughter is on the minimum wage & saving up to buy her own house (the one she lives in at the mo), and is short of cash, she is making little gift bags as pressies. I think more thought can go into a home made gift rather than buying something at the shops.

I love home made gifts, my sister made some chutney recently & I tasted it last night delicious. My daughter is on the minimum wage & saving up to buy her own house (the one she lives in at the mo), and is short of cash, she is making little gift bags as pressies. I think more thought can go into a home made gift rather than buying something at the shops.

Chutney sounds lovely, what was in it? I made my dad lemon curd for his birthday yesterday and it was gorgeous- I think I can make that relatively cheaply so going to go down the 'hamper' route I think- need to trawl this thread for more ideas.
I always really appreciate home made gifts as there's often a lot of time, effort and thought gone into it but some people don't see that and are more concerned with the cash value, making it difficult :-/ x

Chutney sounds lovely, what was in it? I made my dad lemon curd for his birthday yesterday and it was gorgeous- I think I can make that relatively cheaply so going to go down the 'hamper' route I think- need to trawl this thread for more ideas.
I always really appreciate home made gifts as there's often a lot of time, effort and thought gone into it but some people don't see that and are more concerned with the cash value, making it difficult :-/ x

It was courgettes chutney but I don't know what else went in.

exactly people often see the cash value, where we live there are lots of brambles etc for picking!!

It was courgettes chutney but I don't know what else went in.

exactly people often see the cash value, where we live there are lots of brambles etc for picking!!

It's rubbish when you have no money to spend on people :-( I don't like the thought that its a measure of what you think of people/your love for them. I've mentioned to family that cash is tight so they have been warned lol.
In the summer I picked loads of blackberries, black currants and raspberries so hoping I can turn them into something delicious too. Gotta love free fruit!

In Xmas mode now! I've seen for a stocking filler you can make hot chocolate cones- simply fill up a piping bag with hot chocolate powder, stuff mini marshmallows in the top and knot. You can wrap brown pipe cleaners round in antler shapes and stick on eyes/red nose for extra festiveness!
Could also make your own sweet cones with the piping bag- they look really good and you can choose sweets depending on the person...

Subbing! I know what I will be doing this evening - starting from the beggining and reading all this thread - thanks Rosie hehe!!

Well today Hubby and I drove up to Meadowhall. Usually we hate shopping but we took our time and spent a good few hours there without getting stressed.
We've managed to buy most of the xmas presents now but I am stuck on ideas to buy for my 12 year old sister.
Shes one of those who is into most things that young girls like but I want to get her something I know she'll love and use of course.
Any ideas xxx

I know this won't be a solution for teenage boys or 12 year old girls (sorry) but I had two smallish wicker baskets in, from when I'd made a baby basket up for a colleague, earlier in the year (they came in 3's) so I lined them with Christmassy coloured tissue paper, filled them with brand name toiletries from Home Bargains (very reasonable), covered them with cellophane and tied them with a Christmas ribbon. Even though I say so myself, they look really good and worth much more than they actually cost so, just an idea for an inexpensive gift! :)

Kathy

Off yo town/German market shortly and have just placed an Amazon order with lots of pressies in. A heated footwarmer for grandad, a Disney princess t-shirt, princess Jasmine socks and maleficent DVD for daughter, oddsocks for her bf, keyring and DVD for son, a mirror for other son cos he is always hogging the bathroom and a coffee grinder for sis n bf.
Lots of shopping today....whoop!

Back